RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Well, in my humble opinion if they didn't do, or at the very least put themselves in stupid positions, there isn't an issue. Players have responsibilities they are role models for our kids. It is a cultural issue and the club and team should have some responsibility.
JDB had consensual sex. He didn't put himself in a stupid position. For that he and the team and the club was severely penalised for 2+ years.

Eric

Staff
JDB had consensual sex. He didn't put himself in a stupid position. For that he and the team and the club was severely penalised for 2+ years.
He had a "partner" at home heavily pregnant. What he did was morally very questionable but not illegal. Even after it came to light the cops lied in order to justify charging him, he was still stood down. I guess if it happened to the Storm or Rorters, they would have gone to war with the NRL. Our docile pricks just shrug their shoulders and meekly accept it.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
He had a "partner" at home heavily pregnant. What he did was morally very questionable but not illegal. Even after it came to light the cops lied in order to justify charging him, he was still stood down. I guess if it happened to the Storm or Rorters, they would have gone to war with the NRL. Our docile pricks just shrug their shoulders and meekly accept it.
Who is qualified to judge JDBs morals?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The community, and our expectations on how we should behave in society. We all know right from wrong whether it is moral or criminal.
Society pretty much accepts intercourse outside of marriage. And JDB wasn't even married. And BTW I'm part of the community but no one asked me how I felt about it. At least not to judge him on his morals.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Society pretty much accepts intercourse outside of marriage. And JDB wasn't even married. And BTW I'm part of the community but no one asked me how I felt about it. At least not to judge him on his morals.
To each their own
This is a really difficult issue. There will always be arguments and counter arguments. Especially if talking about whether he put himself in a stupid position or not. Personally I'm with JoDragon on that one. Surely JDB is popular enough with females to not have to do a tag team with his friend. What was that about?

But at the end of the day, as GCRV mentioned, surely it should take more than the opinion of one lady to decide on it.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
This is a really difficult issue. There will always be arguments and counter arguments. Especially if talking about whether he put himself in a stupid position or not. Personally I'm with JoDragon on that one. Surely JDB is popular enough with females to not have to do a tag team with his friend. What was that about?

But at the end of the day, as GCRV mentioned, surely it should take more than the opinion of one lady to decide on it.
Not to me personally. I was just brought up in an era where you just didn't do those sort of things. I'm Roman catholic and still married to my school yard sweetheart. I am personally revolted by the fact that a person could do that to a woman who is carrying his child. Perhaps I'm old fashioned and I reinterate that I believe what happened to JDB was wrong but that is life and our legal system. I'm glad he was cleared.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

You're a hard marker👻.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Not to me personally. I was just brought up in an era where you just didn't do those sort of things. I'm Roman catholic and still married to my school yard sweetheart. I am personally revolted by the fact that a person could do that to a woman who is carrying his child. Perhaps I'm old fashioned and I reinterate that I believe what happened to JDB was wrong but that is life and our legal system. I'm glad he was cleared.
If it wasn't for the fact his "partner" wasn't at home heavily pregnant, I wouldn't have an issue with it. I'd just think it was weird. Why does he need his friend with him? But the bottom line is, he was stood down for over 2 years which greatly affected not only himself but the team and by extension, the competition for doing something he was innocent of.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
If it wasn't for the fact his "partner" wasn't at home heavily pregnant, I wouldn't have an issue with it. I'd just think it was weird. Why does he need his friend with him? But the bottom line is, he was stood down for over 2 years which greatly affected not only himself but the team and by extension, the competition for doing something he was innocent of.
Not only was she at home heavily pregnant, she was at home heavily pregnant with their infant child while de Belin was doing a tag team with his buddy. But it wasn't illegal. He deserved to get punished with damage to his reputation and relationship with his partner but making him sit out over 2 seasons should be unforgivable for those who enforced it.

Eric

Staff
Not only was she at home heavily pregnant, she was at home heavily pregnant with their infant child while de Belin was doing a tag team with his buddy. But it wasn't illegal. He deserved to get punished with damage to his reputation and relationship with his partner but making him sit out over 2 seasons should be unforgivable for those who enforced it.
The NRL paid for his silence for sure. No way he would accept that otherwise. But taking the money then isn't going to do anything for Junior now.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Agree with that as well. If there is one position Mbye is a good player in, it's 5/8. But not close to as talented as Sullivan.
I am yet to be convinced about Buds play making ability. We have only seen him play hooker in firsts and one or two games at half, hardly a decent sample size to determine one way or the other. Ask me after he has played at least 10 games in a play making role.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I am yet to be convinced about Buds play making ability. We have only seen him play hooker in firsts and one or two games at half, hardly a decent sample size to determine one way or the other. Ask me after he has played at least 10 games in a play making role.
That's true. I was basing my opinion on what I've seen and heard about him in the lower grades and juniors. The club must rate him otherwise they would have been tripping over themselves to let him go when Hunt was re-signed.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Off topic but this has been bugging me for years. Where do the Dogs get all their money from to entice top tier players with multi year million buck contracts when all we and other clubs have to settle for are players no one else wants. Do the Dogs have a different salary cap to the rest of us.. seems that way as it has in the past too. Their latest pick up is an almost $1m per season 4 year offer for Stephen Crichton. This is on top of one similar for play maker Matt Burton. There was another earlier one too. We burnt our bridges when we pioneered this multi year million bucks splurge on a player when we overpaid Ben Hunt back in 2018, resulting in it hurting our salary cap since. But not to the extent when we can not afford to bolster our roster with top tier players.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Off topic but this has been bugging me for years. Where do the Dogs get all their money from to entice top tier players with multi year million buck contracts when all we and other clubs have to settle for are players no one else wants. Do the Dogs have a different salary cap to the rest of us.. seems that way as it has in the past too. Their latest pick up is an almost $1m per season 4 year offer for Stephen Crichton. This is on top of one similar for play maker Matt Burton. There was another earlier one too. We burnt our bridges when we pioneered this multi year million bucks splurge on a player when we overpaid Ben Hunt back in 2018, resulting in it hurting our salary cap since. But not to the extent when we can not afford to bolster our roster with top tier players.
Was wondering about that myself. https://sgiforum.com/threads/info-was-right-salary-cap.158/page-3#post-13363

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Some great news for the young fellow. The DPP has decided to have his charges heard at a local court level and not the original District Court. Therefore although I am retired legally this means he no longer faces a sentence of 14 yrs because of the change of court jurisdiction. Therefore in my humble opinion he should be given permission to play in round 2 if required. Now that helps the cause.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Some great news for the young fellow. The DPP has decided to have his charges heard at a local court level and not the original District Court. Therefore although I am retired legally this means he no longer faces a sentence of 14 yrs because of the change of court jurisdiction. Therefore in my humble opinion he should be given permission to play in round 2 if required. Now that helps the cause.
Behind what is probably the worst pack in the competition, I think he might be in for a hard year.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Behind what is probably the worst pack in the competition, I think he might be in for a hard year.
At the beginning of the week he was looking at a Max 14 yrs behind bars. Today he is awaiting permission to play. He will have a lot to prove even though he is playing behind an engine room that at its very best will be firing on 3 cylinders. But imagine how excited he is at this very moment it could be contagious

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
At the beginning of the week he was looking at a Max 14 yrs behind bars. Today he is awaiting permission to play. He will have a lot to prove even though he is playing behind an engine room that at its very best will be firing on 3 cylinders. But imagine how excited he is at this very moment it could be contagious
He might end up regretting getting permission to play behind that forward pack.