Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
H

He was always going to be stood down. In my view he has played his last game for us. In another post I spoke about the club and teams culture and presently it is toxic. So why did we sign another player who has also a chequered history in Musgrove? I know it's only a driving offence but we have seen what that can lead to recently. We are cooked.
I don't know about Musgrove's chequered history but why sign a player the wooden spoon team didn't want.

Think you are right about Amone. He's history regarding the Dragons

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
come down and give him a baking? Hopefully set him straight and allow him to remain at the club.
The club will need to do that. No doubt they value his footy ability and will want him as a long termer.
Jodragon has the kid hung, drawn and quartered already. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty. This NRL stand down clause undermines this rule of law and denigrates a man and footy player before he should be. The same thing almost ruined the career of Jack de Belin.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Bud Sullivan will miss the season start with another hamstring problem. So already our 2023 is not going smoothy, with Junior sidelined and now one of his 'three amigos' injured. Moses Mybe likely to slot into Juniors spot now. I am fine with that as have always said Moses has play making ability, while Bud has yet to show us his at this level. CA will pull a swifty on us and put Bird there to stink up our back line with his 'chook without a head' play making. Still this may be a blessing in disguise as with a disjointed back line so much pressure will be put on the worst coach this club has had. I hope we have another coach lined up.. Ben Woolf perhaps, reason he was signed?

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
The club will need to do that. No doubt they value his footy ability and will want him as a long termer.
Jodragon has the kid hung, drawn and quartered already. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty. This NRL stand down clause undermines this rule of law and denigrates a man and footy player before he should be. The same thing almost ruined the career of Jack de Belin.
Agree 100%. He deserves his day in court before he's sentenced here or anywhere else. Let's wait and see and wish him luck.

Maybe wish him luck is the wrong way to put it. Wish for his innocence or at least, drastically reduced charges.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Bud Sullivan will miss the season start with another hamstring problem. So already our 2023 is looking disjointed with Moses Mybe likely to slot into Juniors spot now. I am fine with that as have always said Moses has play making ability, while Bud has yet to show us his at this level. Just please dont even consider Bird there. On the other hand do it as he will stink up our backline and we will have a crap start to the season, putting enormous pressure on the worst coack this club has had. I hope we have another coach lined up.. Ben Woolf perhaps, reason he was signed?
Agree with that as well. If there is one position Mbye is a good player in, it's 5/8. But not close to as talented as Sullivan.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Agree 100%. He deserves his day in court before he's sentenced here or anywhere else. Let's wait and see and wish him luck.

Maybe wish him luck is the wrong way to put it. Wish for his innocence or at least, drastically reduced charges.
I was just being realistic. I hope he's innocent but it looks bad for him at this stage.

Eric

Staff
Well said. That rule or clause or whatever anyone wants to call it is a crime in and of itself.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I don't know about Musgrove's chequered history but why sign a player the wooden spoon team didn't want.

Think you are right about Amone. He's history regarding the Dragons
It all depends on if he is found guilty. I was a bit of a hard arse, discipline type of coach due to mostly my work background. Everyone usually deserves a 2nd chance especially when it is shown that what he did was out of character but more importantly to me was remorseful and acknowledged that he did the wrong thing. But that only went so far when it came to the seriousness of what he did. Our club and team culture and discipline especially since the BBQ saga is something that needs to be eradicated if we want to be successful in my view.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well said. That rule or clause or whatever anyone wants to call it is a crime in and of itself.
Well I will temper my comments to say if he is found guilty of this alleged offence then he should never again pull on the red v jersey. In regards to this particular clause it was officially challenged by the players association in a court of law and they lost. So the law is the law. Sometimes as in the JDB saga it can be an ass but overall I believe that nobody is above the law and every single participant in our great game understands the consequences of breaching this particular code of conduct and there are consequences for their alleged unlawful conduct. Just my views.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

The only reason that a charge is reduced prior to court is if it is found that the elements of the alleged offence cannot be proven. I.E. This particular charge of GBH cannot be proven because of his injuries do not satisfy a GBH but a lesser charge of AOBH. Then if that is the case he would be free to resume playing because the latter charge carries a lesser sentence. I don't wish him luck, I wish him a fair trial in front of a group of his peers.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Well I will temper my comments to say if he is found guilty of this alleged offence then he should never again pull on the red v jersey. In regards to this particular clause it was officially challenged by the players association in a court of law and they lost. So the law is the law. Sometimes as in the JDB saga it can be an ass but overall I believe that nobody is above the law and every single participant in our great game understands the consequences of breaching this particular code of conduct and there are consequences for their alleged unlawful conduct. Just my views.
I might be wrong but I think it was on JDB alone. The players association made a noise about it but never did anything. And even if that wasn't the case, it was the opinion of one nasty woman. I remember she spoke of the rights of the organisation as though the individual didn't have any rights at all. As far as I remember, JDB was going to appeal it but had a meeting with the NRL and called it off. i.e. they paid him off.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
The only reason that a charge is reduced prior to court is if it is found that the elements of the alleged offence cannot be proven. I.E. This particular charge of GBH cannot be proven because of his injuries do not satisfy a GBH but a lesser charge of AOBH. Then if that is the case he would be free to resume playing because the latter charge carries a lesser sentence. I don't wish him luck, I wish him a fair trial in front of a group of his peers.
Wish him luck was the wrong way to say it. I meant, wish for his innocence when all the facts come out.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
It all depends on if he is found guilty. I was a bit of a hard arse, discipline type of coach due to mostly my work background. Everyone usually deserves a 2nd chance especially when it is shown that what he did was out of character but more importantly to me was remorseful and acknowledged that he did the wrong thing. But that only went so far when it came to the seriousness of what he did. Our club and team culture and discipline especially since the BBQ saga is something that needs to be eradicated if we want to be successful in my view.
The BBQ was disgraceful but not surprising when you have people like Norman and Vaughan involved. This is all on Amone. Nothing to do with the team. Just my view.

Eric

Staff
I agree with that. Even though the rules which led to BBQ were utterly illogical, they had to follow the rules like everyone else. With JDB and Amone, it's my feeling that they are innocent until proven guilty. That is the law of the land. Why is the NRL above that law?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I might be wrong but I think it was on JDB alone. The players association made a noise about it but never did anything. And even if that wasn't the case, it was the opinion of one nasty woman. I remember she spoke of the rights of the organisation as though the individual didn't have any rights at all. As far as I remember, JDB was going to appeal it but had a meeting with the NRL and called it off. i.e. they paid him off.
My recollection was that the players association tested the policy through an independent arbitrator and lost cost them six figures in legal payments. We need to apply for salary cap relief. The next mention date is 1 March and depending upon court availability he may not have a trial date until September. My information is that Mbye is our 6 in round 2 has been training in that position since Amone was charged. It's going to be a very long season.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I agree with that. Even though the rules which led to BBQ were utterly illogical, they had to follow the rules like everyone else. With JDB and Amone, it's my feeling that they are innocent until proven guilty. That is the law of the land. Why is the NRL above that law?
My understanding is that this policy was introduced due to the fact that major sponsors were threatening to withdraw a large amount of money due to a large number of off season discretions. After reading the facts and listening to the evidence JDB should have been acquitted on the first occasion what happened to him in my view was a travesty of justice. Our justice system is not perfect but it's what we have.

Eric

Staff
My understanding is that this policy was introduced due to the fact that major sponsors were threatening to withdraw a large amount of money due to a large number of off season discretions. After reading the facts and listening to the evidence JDB should have been acquitted on the first occasion what happened to him in my view was a travesty of justice. Our justice system is not perfect but it's what we have.
I've heard that as well. My idea is that the NRL tells the sponsors the competition is not above the law and the accused are innocent until proven guilty.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I've heard that as well. My idea is that the NRL tells the sponsors the competition is not above the law and the accused are innocent until proven guilty.
It's a difficult issue. One thing I think we can all agree on, it should be considered more and ruled on by more than one judge.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It's not just about 1 person. It's about 1 team and 1 club being disadvantaged in a professional competition:mad:!
Well, in my humble opinion if they didn't do, or at the very least put themselves in stupid positions, there isn't an issue. Players have responsibilities they are role models for our kids. It is a cultural issue and the club and team should have some responsibility.