Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Hook has had a few things go his way. First McInnes went down for the season just after McCullough was signed. Now Amone looks like being gone for season just after Sullivan was persuaded to stay.
And still failed spectacularly.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
What is the latest with Amone. Nothing on our website about letting him go. He is now an international and a promising player for us. If he is exonerated or gets a reduced sentence, I say we keep him.
Let's put this issue into perspective. Now not knowing the actual facts being presented to the courts leaves us to surmise. So using my years of experience here let's surmise a bit. Tradies turn up and park their vehicle on the nature strip. Amone dad confronts them and tells them to park elsewhere. Now let's just say the young tradies tell Amone dad to stick it where the sun doesn't shine or even threatens him with violence. All of a sudden we escalate the confrontation. Amone jnr and a third person come out of the house to support the old man. So far, nothing that can't be undone, but the clincher here is that instead of de escalating the situation he arms himself and gives chase to a person who is no longer regarded as being a threat to himself or his father even if the tradie had attempted to assault Amone Snr. They are the 2 big hurdles the defence has to overcome because the law is very clear here in regards to defending yourself and your property. 1. You can only use as much force as is necessary to overcome the attacker. 2. You must desist from using force once it is clear that you have successfully overcome the assault upon you. If Amone Jnr had just done those things he would not be facing the serious charges that have now been preferred against him and his father. Personally I cannot ever see him donning the big red v jersey ever again unless he is found not guilty and that won't be in the next 6 months depending upon the court calendar.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Let's put this issue into perspective. Now not knowing the actual facts being presented to the courts leaves us to surmise. So using my years of experience here let's surmise a bit. Tradies turn up and park their vehicle on the nature strip. Amone dad confronts them and tells them to park elsewhere. Now let's just say the young tradies tell Amone dad to stick it where the sun doesn't shine or even threatens him with violence. All of a sudden we escalate the confrontation. Amone jnr and a third person come out of the house to support the old man. So far, nothing that can't be undone, but the clincher here is that instead of de escalating the situation he arms himself and gives chase to a person who is no longer regarded as being a threat to himself or his father even if the tradie had attempted to assault Amone Snr. They are the 2 big hurdles the defence has to overcome because the law is very clear here in regards to defending yourself and your property. 1. You can only use as much force as is necessary to overcome the attacker. 2. You must desist from using force once it is clear that you have successfully overcome the assault upon you. If Amone Jnr had just done those things he would not be facing the serious charges that have now been preferred against him and his father. Personally I cannot ever see him donning the big red v jersey ever again unless he is found not guilty and that won't be in the next 6 months depending upon the court calendar.
Maybe about now he's more worried about staying out of jail.

Eric

Staff
Sullivan got a long write-up in the DT. Didn't confirm he'll be the 5/8. Said Mbye is also an option. But strongly suggested it's likely to be Sullivan. Now all we need is at least 2 good forwards.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Sullivan got a long write-up in the DT. Didn't confirm he'll be the 5/8. Said Mbye is also an option. But strongly suggested it's likely to be Sullivan. Now all we need is at least 2 good forwards.
So Amone is definitely gone?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
We already have them, Musgrave and Murdoch -Masila, throw in the untried Lui- Tosa and we will just be rolling up the field unchecked. Looking rosy.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
We already have them, Musgrave and Murdoch -Masila, throw in the untried Lui- Tosa and we will just be rolling up the field unchecked. Looking rosy.
A prop the wooden spoomers didn't want. An over 30 prop the second last placed team no longer wanted. A QLD Cup stalwart prop. What could go wrong?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Amone won't be playing this season at the very least. His first appearance is shortly, nothing really happens on this first appearance. It is my belief after reading the police allegations that he will never play for the Dragons again. Forget him, we don't need people of his character in our club.

Eric

Staff
No but
Amone won't be playing this season at the very least. His first appearance is shortly, nothing really happens on this first appearance. It is my belief after reading the police allegations that he will never play for the Dragons again. Forget him, we don't need people of his character in our club.
This is correct according to the DT. They strongly suggested he's gone for at least this season.

Eric

Staff
Let's wait for the full story to come out. He almost certainly screwed up badly. No argument from me on that point. But how badly and whether he deserves a second chance if he is guilty but avoids significant prison time. Remember Russell Packer? Since he joined the Dragons, as far as I remember just out of prison, he's a model citizen. At least as far as I know. He studied for a degree and was doing volunteer work.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
No but

This is correct according to the DT. They strongly suggested he's gone for at least this season.
The full police facts will be read out at the first court appearance and then it will become public knowledge and when it does people may change their opinion on him and his actions. I personally hope he never gets to wear the big red v again in fact his new colour may be green.

Eric

Staff
The full police facts will be read out at the first court appearance and then it will become public knowledge and when it does people may change their opinion on him and his actions. I personally hope he never gets to wear the big red v again in fact his new colour may be green.
As in Souffs or Canberra?

Eric

Staff
He made a mistake. All I'm saying, lets wait and see how bad the mistake was.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Let's wait for the full story to come out. He almost certainly screwed up badly. No argument from me on that point. But how badly and whether he deserves a second chance if he is guilty but avoids significant prison time. Remember Russell Packer? Since he joined the Dragons, as far as I remember just out of prison, he's a model citizen. At least as far as I know. He studied for a degree and was doing volunteer work.
Yes, a rare good news rehabilitation story that one, and yes, I hope young Amone can reflect on his actions whilst serving time as well. The old adages here are you can't put an old head on young shoulders and, you don't know what you have until it's gone. We all make mistakes in life, some though are far more serious than others .

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
No but

That's too bad.
I hope it's not as bad as appears from the publicly available information.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
That's too bad.

I hope it's not as bad as appears from the publicly available information.
In my personal view and based on my personal experience I will be very interested to hear from the defence counsel in regards to the reasons for his actions and the language used whilst committing the alleged offences.

Basically the Police have to prove the two elements of a GBH offence, they are:
That you caused a wound or there is a permanent injury to the other person
That you did so intentionally .

Intent can only be proven by the actions of the alleged offender. Did his actions or negligence lead to, or cause the injuries to the victim?

Arming yourself with a hammer.
Chasing the victim onto a roof.
Causing the victim to fall and as a result causing injury. Being video recorded on the roof still armed with a hammer. Having independent witnesses. As a investigator I would be confident.