Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Arming yourself with a hammer.
Chasing the victim onto a roof.
Causing the victim to fall and as a result causing injury. Being video recorded on the roof still armed with a hammer. Having independent witnesses. As a investigator I would be confident.
Damn. That is really bad!

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Yes, a rare good news rehabilitation story that one, and yes, I hope young Amone can reflect on his actions whilst serving time as well. The old adages here are you can't put an old head on young shoulders and, you don't know what you have until it's gone. We all make mistakes in life, some though are far more serious than others .
If he gets off with probation or something like that, can you come down and give him a baking? Hopefully set him straight and allow him to remain at the club. Maybe be ready to go next year. Seems it's delusional to think he'll be available this year.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
If he gets off with probation or something like that, can you come down and give him a baking? Hopefully set him straight and allow him to remain at the club. Maybe be ready to go next year. Seems it's delusional to think he'll be available this year.
Might work.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If found guilty he won't get probation for such a serious offence and the club will tear up his contract. Just my view

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
If found guilty he won't get probation for such a serious offence and the club will tear up his contract. Just my view
He might have charges downgraded. I guess it's possible. He might be able to say he was running around with a hammer because he enjoys being an amateur carpenter.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Well, I don't think the amateur carpenter thing will work I think they often pile on the charges at first hoping to cut a deal for a guilty plea on lesser or fewer charges.
Plenty of people run around with hammers because they fancy themselves as carpenters.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well, I don't think the amateur carpenter thing will work I think they often pile on the charges at first hoping to cut a deal for a guilty plea on lesser or fewer charges.
In my experience it won't happen here. He was charged with only 3 offences, perhaps the intimidating charge will be withdrawn but that will be it

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
In my experience it won't happen here. He was charged with only 3 offences, perhaps the intimidating charge will be withdrawn but that will be it
I think you're right but now he is facing a maximum of 14 years. So if he can get one charge dropped so it becomes a maximum of less than 10 years, he's free to play until the trial.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think you're right but now he is facing a maximum of 14 years. So if he can get one charge dropped so it becomes a maximum of less than 10 years, he's free to play until the trial.
Unfortunately it doesn't matter because the main charge of GBH under NSW law usually carries a maximum penalty of 10 yrs but because he was charged in company of others it goes up to 14 yrs. So it doesn't matter if they withdraw the other 2 charges . My personal view is this is the end of his career if found guilty. For reasons only known to himself he has made a terrible mistake.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Unfortunately it doesn't matter because the main charge of GBH under NSW law usually carries a maximum penalty of 10 yrs but because he was charged in company of others it goes up to 14 yrs. So it doesn't matter if they withdraw the other 2 charges . My personal view is this is the end of his career if found guilty. For reasons only known to himself he has made a terrible mistake.
Seems the best the club can hope for is cutting a deal and doing none or minimal time. He might be able to make it back after the halfway point of the season. Unless the club sacks him.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Seems the best the club can hope for is cutting a deal and doing none or minimal time. He might be able to make it back after the halfway point of the season. Unless the club sacks him.
If he is found guilty in my opinion he will be fortunate if he is not incarcerated. He won't be playing this season unless the court has an opening in its calendar. He hasn't even made his first appearance which is usually quick, usually asks for further mention date where he makes his plea, if not guilty then a trial date is set, so in the normal circumstances that trial date would normally be set after the 2nd appearance. Working on this that trial would be around May at the earliest unless the defence requests an early trial date, so about round 12 but that has many variables including the availability of witnesses and the judge. My old workmates still working in NSWPOL have told me that there is currently a backlog of trials and don't be surprised if he doesn't get a date until seasons end.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
If he is found guilty in my opinion he will be fortunate if he is not incarcerated. He won't be playing this season unless the court has an opening in its calendar. He hasn't even made his first appearance which is usually quick, usually asks for further mention date where he makes his plea, if not guilty then a trial date is set, so in the normal circumstances that trial date would normally be set after the 2nd appearance. Working on this that trial would be around May at the earliest unless the defence requests an early trial date, so about round 12 but that has many variables including the availability of witnesses and the judge.
So it seems certain he won't be playing this season.
My old workmates still working in NSWPOL have told me that there is currently a backlog of trials and don't be surprised if he doesn't get a date until seasons end.
Because of Covid still? When you think about, it's something of an injustice itself. People have to have their day in court as promptly as possible and then face the punishment or go free but either way, get on with their lives.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So it seems certain he won't be playing this season.

Because of Covid still? When you think about, it's something of an injustice itself. People have to have their day in court as promptly as possible and then face the punishment or go free but either way, get on with their lives.
That is one reason. My old workmate told me that he arrested a offender in 2020 and the trial was finalised 18 months later. He said this is normal standard nowdays.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
That is one reason. My old workmate told me that he arrested a offender in 2020 and the trial was finalised 18 months later. He said this is normal standard nowdays.
Which is my view makes the "no fault" or "stand-down" or whatever they call it rule itself criminal.

Eric

Staff
It's official. He's gone. Opens up one more sport in the top 30. So 4 sports available now.

Amone stood down by NRL following alleged hammer attack​

Dragons playmaker Junior Amone has been served a no-fault stand-down notice by the NRL after he was hit with a raft of charges relating to an alleged hammer attack. The 20-year-old’s court case was adjourned until March 1 on Wednesday — only a day before the NRL season officially begins. Amone was charged with causing reckless grievous bodily harm in company, damaging property and stalking following an alleged event in November last year.

The Dragons confirmed the no-fault stand-down policy was served on Wednesday afternoon and Amone will now be unable to take the field until his matter is resolved. The policy was activated due to the length of Amone’s potential jail sentence if found guilty — with the reckless grievous bodily harm in company charge carrying a potential penalty of 14 years in jail. The threshold for the NRL’s policy currently sits at 11 years or more.

Amone will be able to train with his teammates and will be offered wellbeing support during the period he is stood down, while the Red V club will make “no further comment until the court process is completed”. According to reports, Amone hired high-profile lawyer Elias Tabchourie who had contacted the NRL Integrity Unit hoping to avoid his client being stood down.

Charges were laid after an incident which occurred near Amone’s Warrawong home, regarding where a tradesman had parked his ute. Police allege the young five-eighth, his father and an unnamed man, armed with hammer, followed a 39-year-old man onto a roof before he fell two metres.

He fell 2 metres....... I imagined it was more like 5.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
It's official. He's gone. Opens up one more sport in the top 30. So 4 sports available now.

Amone stood down by NRL following alleged hammer attack

Dragons playmaker Junior Amone has been served a no-fault stand-down notice by the NRL after he was hit with a raft of charges relating to an alleged hammer attack. The 20-year-old’s court case was adjourned until March 1 on Wednesday — only a day before the NRL season officially begins. Amone was charged with causing reckless grievous bodily harm in company, damaging property and stalking following an alleged event in November last year.

The Dragons confirmed the no-fault stand-down policy was served on Wednesday afternoon and Amone will now be unable to take the field until his matter is resolved. The policy was activated due to the length of Amone’s potential jail sentence if found guilty — with the reckless grievous bodily harm in company charge carrying a potential penalty of 14 years in jail. The threshold for the NRL’s policy currently sits at 11 years or more.

Amone will be able to train with his teammates and will be offered wellbeing support during the period he is stood down, while the Red V club will make “no further comment until the court process is completed”. According to reports, Amone hired high-profile lawyer Elias Tabchourie who had contacted the NRL Integrity Unit hoping to avoid his client being stood down.

Charges were laid after an incident which occurred near Amone’s Warrawong home, regarding where a tradesman had parked his ute. Police allege the young five-eighth, his father and an unnamed man, armed with hammer, followed a 39-year-old man onto a roof before he fell two metres.

FFS, the club has to pay his salary and the salary of his replacement:mad:! If he is found not-guilty, surely the club has to sue the NRL!!!! No way Rorters or Storm would stand for this!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Amone stood down by NRL following alleged hammer attack​

An AC broke his fall otherwise Amone would be facing a manslaughter charge. He has played his last game for us in my view

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
H
FFS, the club has to pay his salary and the salary of his replacement:mad:! If he is found not-guilty, surely the club has to sue the NRL!!!! No way Rorters or Storm would stand for this!
He was always going to be stood down. In my view he has played his last game for us. In another post I spoke about the club and teams culture and presently it is toxic. So why did we sign another player who has also a chequered history in Musgrove? I know it's only a driving offence but we have seen what that can lead to recently. We are cooked.