INFO WAS RIGHT - SALARY CAP

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Do you believe in coincidence? I don't. So nothing has been mentioned in regards to our salary cap issues until the war drums started beating calling for the coaches head especially after the embarrassing 2nd half last week. Whether there is a media conspiracy or cover up well that's a matter for each individual to decide.
Good point. I don't think it's so much a media conspiracy. I just think it's Griffin or one of his assistants leaking the news to friendly media outlets who he hopes publish it without looking to much into it. Griffins knows the media have to fill a 24 hour news cycle these days.
Agree with this. It would be too much of a coincidence. The media is all to happy to repeat it. If they just say it came from "sources", they aren't lying or being unethical. They are being completely honest and filling up the news cycle. They just say, "according to sources". And News.Ltd is still trying to foist Parramatta's reserve grade nobody, Nathan Brown on the Dragons.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
jodragon40 jodragon40 says:
You right but don't forget that there are certainly others involved even though the coach holds the last say. You can now see why he did what he did in a vain effort to boost our flagging pack . Non of us were aware how bad the salary cap was impeding our ability to buy and attract younger better credential players.
Morgan Morgan replies
I simply don't believe that salary cap story. Unless he signed Woods and Burgess for 500k a year, Su'a for 900k a year, Mbye for 800k a year. And if he did that, that is the perfect reason why he has to go.
jodragon40 jodragon40 replies
I simply don't believe that salary cap story. Unless he signed Woods and Burgess for 500k a year, Su'a for 900k a year, Mbye for 800k a year. And if he did that, that is the perfect reason why he has to go.
This is an interesting exchange I wanted to weigh in on but in the right thread. One specifically talking about the salary cap.

jodragon40 jodragon40 I just wanted to say, if the Dragons are in salary cap trouble it would be unheard of, monumental screwing up of the salary cap. The original article talks about Lomax being on around 750K and JDB on around 700K. Compare that to Manly with the Jake Trbojevic on 900K and his brother on 1.1 mil and DCE on 1.25mil.

Or North QLD with Holmes on 1 mil in the centres. Playing very well, no doubt but that much for a centre to go with Taumololo and a number of other on overs. Yet according to Fox, Dragons have salary cap issues??? Making excuses for Griffin whom they championed to take over due to his conflict with Phil Gould.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
jodragon40 jodragon40 says:

Morgan Morgan replies

jodragon40 jodragon40 replies

This is an interesting exchange I wanted to weigh in on but in the right thread. One specifically talking about the salary cap.

jodragon40 jodragon40 I just wanted to say, if the Dragons are in salary cap trouble it would be unheard of, monumental screwing up of the salary cap. The original article talks about Lomax being on around 750K and JDB on around 700K. Compare that to Manly with the Jake Trbojevic on 900K and his brother on 1.1 mil and DCE on 1.25mil.

Or North QLD with Holmes on 1 mil in the centres. Playing very well, no doubt but that much for a centre to go with Taumololo and a number of other on overs. Yet according to Fox, Dragons have salary cap issues??? Making excuses for Griffin whom they championed to take over due to his conflict with Phil Gould.
I agree with that but since when has everyone been worried about staying on topic for every thread?

Eric

Staff
Sorry, I was trying to do a little cleaning up of threads. Accidentally merged the Amone thread with the salary cap thread. Don't think I can undo it but please use this thread in regards to the salary cap.

Eric

Staff
Sowie going in to bat for Griffin. Saying Sullivan and Sloan aren't ready for first grade yet. At least not every week. That may be so. Makes sense. But why is Griffin throwing huge money at the likes of McGuire, Mbye and McCullough rather than young players? If Dragons juniors aren't up to it, sign juniors from elsewhere.

Sowie is still employed by the club. As soon as that dinosaur Griffin is given the flick, I'm sure Sowie will come around and admit, the guy is a dinosaur and was actually worse than Price and McGregor.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Sowie going in to bat for Griffin. Saying Sullivan and Sloan aren't ready for first grade yet. At least not every week. That may be so. Makes sense. But why is Griffin throwing huge money at the likes of McGuire, Mbye and McCullough rather than young players? If Dragons juniors aren't up to it, sign juniors from elsewhere.

Sowie is still employed by the club. As soon as that dinosaur Griffin is given the flick, I'm sure Sowie will come around and admit, the guy is a dinosaur and was actually worse than Price and McGregor.
BS. Sowie has fallen into line with the dominant faction. James Graham and others refused. How sad but how typical.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

Sowie has betrayed us but he'll come back around to the side of decency.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I'm just wondering what is going on with the salary cap at the Dragons. All the player on big overs are off the books except for Hunt and this is his last year.
  • Norman
  • Sims
  • McInnes
  • Frizell
  • Vaughan
All on overs and all now gone. So it confuses me why the club is only in the market for a few players the wooden spooners didn't want. Is the club spending big locking up several young players?

Eric

Staff
I'm just wondering what is going on with the salary cap at the Dragons. All the player on big overs are off the books except for Hunt and this is his last year.
  • Norman
  • Sims
  • McInnes
  • Frizell
  • Vaughan
All on overs and all now gone. So it confuses me why the club is only in the market for a few players the wooden spooners didn't want. Is the club spending big locking up several young players?
The club is an information black-hole. Probably because the head office enjoy taking home 7 figure salaries though it may be due to old fashioned disciple.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
The club is an information black-hole. Probably because the head office enjoy taking home 7 figure salaries though it may be due to old fashioned disciple.
Discipline to what end? Looks like a secret rather than discipline.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
This , if we were winning no one would give two hoots about who's on what money ......
Yep and
  • Norman
  • Sims
  • McInnes
  • Frizell
  • Vaughan
It's not as if other clubs don't spend money on juniors.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
  • Norman
  • Sims
  • McInnes
  • Frizell
  • Vaughan
And all that was before the 25% increase in the cap.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The club is asking for a salary cap exemption for Amone. I guessed no decent players wanted to come and play under Griffin. Surely the club isn't struggling for salary cap space. This easier message is still now.
  • Norman
  • Sims
  • McInnes
  • Frizell
  • Vaughan
  • McGuire
Who has been recruited to take their place in the salary cap? Are Liddle, Musgrove and Murdoch-Massila each on around 800k? Are some of or the entire front office skimming off the cap? Is it possible? Where is all the f**king money going????

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
The club is asking for a salary cap exemption for Amone. I guessed no decent players wanted to come and play under Griffin. Surely the club isn't struggling for salary cap space. This easier message is still now.
  • Norman
  • Sims
  • McInnes
  • Frizell
  • Vaughan
  • McGuire
Who has been recruited to take their place in the salary cap? Are Liddle, Musgrove and Murdoch-Massila each on around 800k? Are some of or the entire front office skimming off the cap? Is it possible? Where is all the f**king money going????
Most clubs seem to be able to sign players after players , we loose a player then sign a player of less ability ...... The people behind all this are taking the piss out of us supporter's 😤

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
  • Norman
  • Sims
  • McInnes
  • Frizell
  • Vaughan
  • McGuire
Dogs over the last few years have outbid several other clubs for JAC, Mahony, Kikau, Burton, Crighton, TPJ. They also have at least Luke Thompson on overs and Kyle Flanagan is by far the highest paid player in the NSW Cup.

Yet the Dragons, with only Ben Hunt on big money, can only afford to poach Woods, Burgess, Liddle, Musgrove, Burns and Murdoch-Masila. What do they all have in common? No other club wanted them.

Eric

Staff
In an interview Griffin was asked about his repeated signings of aging journeyman props. He said that are depth signings, many of them on minimum wage...... SO WHERE IS ALL THE SALARY CAP MONEY GOING?????