Anzac Day clash v Roosters

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Just a thought. Are forfeits still allowed?? This is a sacred day where our club is so fortunate to have the opportunity to play on this day in memory of those who have fallen so that we can still live and enjoy our lifestyles. It is certainly not the day where you turn up before kick off carrying a white flag in your shorts.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Just a thought. Are forfeits still allowed?? This is a sacred day where our club is so fortunate to have the opportunity to play on this day in memory of those who have fallen so that we can still live and enjoy our lifestyles. It is certainly not the day where you turn up before kick off carrying a white flag in your shorts.
I'm afraid of this game. Probably won't watch.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
They might put 50+ on us.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
You never know. Look how good Newcastle and the Warriors are playing this year. Pre season I had them in the bottom in 4. A new coach will be able to turn this ship around. Maybe not in the Anzac game but if it did, wouldn't be the upset of the year.
Our current issues won't be fixed by a change of coach alone. We are absolutely no chance against the Roosters. It's my wedding anniversary on Anzac Day and if we are not travelling overseas we are usually at this game because it means so much to me as my Dad fought in WW2 but I'm not wasting my time and money watching this divided team. I feel so very sad.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Our current issues won't be fixed by a change of coach alone. We are absolutely no chance against the Roosters. It's my wedding anniversary on Anzac Day and if we are not travelling overseas we are usually at this game because it means so much to me as my Dad fought in WW2 but I'm not wasting my time and money watching this divided team. I feel so very sad.
I don't blame you. I very much doubt they will win but coming into the season I didn't think NZ and Newcastle would be anywhere near as good as they have been.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I don't blame you. I very much doubt they will win but coming into the season I didn't think NZ and Newcastle would be anywhere near as good as they have been.
It's called commitment. They know their strengths and shortcomings but they turn up for each other. That's the difference between a team divided and a team that supports each other.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
You never know. Look how good Newcastle and the Warriors are playing this year. Pre season I had them in the bottom in 4. A new coach will be able to turn this ship around. Maybe not in the Anzac game but if it did, wouldn't be the upset of the year.
On paper I think Saints are much better than the Warrior and Knights.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Team lists are in so we have same same again except instead of Su'a who is out for a while we have M. M. and the icing on the cake Mbye starting hooker. Now M. M. was I thought one of our poorer forwards in reserves last week. I had Lui-Tosa and Burns above him, yet he slips straight back in of course. The Roosters have relegated their 7 to reserves so now we have Manu v Amone at 5/8 that's not fair, and Chrichton also returns. We are in for another touch up I'm afraid even though the Roosters aren't going that well.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Sydney Roosters vs St George Illawarra Dragons at Allianz Stadium

Dragons team:
  1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Zane Musgrove
  9. Moses Mbye
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  12. Jack Bird
  13. Jack de Belin

14. Jacob Liddle
  15. Michael Molo
  16. Toby Couchman
  17. Josh Kerr

18. Jaiyden Hunt
  19. Max Feagai
  20. Jayden Sullivan
  21. Billy Burns
  22. Viliami Fifita

Sua out injured so one change, Murdoch-Masila back to take his place. Otherwise unchanged. 3 losses in a row, why would Hook change anything?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Sydney Roosters vs St George Illawarra Dragons at Allianz Stadium

Dragons team:
  1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Tautau Moga
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Zane Musgrove
  9. Moses Mbye
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  12. Jack Bird
  13. Jack de Belin

14. Jacob Liddle
  15. Michael Molo
  16. Toby Couchman
  17. Josh Kerr

18. Jaiyden Hunt
  19. Max Feagai
  20. Jayden Sullivan
  21. Billy Burns
  22. Viliami Fifita

Sua out injured so one change, Murdoch-Masila back to take his place. Otherwise unchanged. 3 losses in a row, why would Hook change anything?
As I said in the above post MM was one of our poorer forwards in reserves last week. Personally I would have given Lui-Tosa or Burns a run before MM.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Just looked at the round 8 draw. If it goes the way most expect with no big surprises then if and when we lose on Anzac day we will be 15th on the table. This is based on us losing again, Raiders get 2 pts for the bye and if the Cowboys manage to win. I need a drink

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Just looked at the round 8 draw. If it goes the way most expect with no big surprises then if and when we lose on Anzac day we will be 15th on the table. This is based on us losing again, Raiders get 2 pts for the bye and if the Cowboys manage to win. I need a drink
Mate I didn't expect anything else this year .....