Anzac Day clash v Roosters

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
On our most solemn day my wish apart from being able to see my old man a WWII veteran now long gone but never forgotten is that our team forget their differences, close the obvious divide and just have a fair dinkum dig. Win, lose or draw, if they can just celebrate the fact that they represent not only the massive dragons army but those who fell in a real life and death battles so they can play this game every year. Lest we forget.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Might be a hard game today. It's not like the Rorters are cruising like a lot of people expected. They'll also be up for a big game. Manu getting his hands on the ball a lot might have a silver lining. Teach Junior that it's not only ok but it's good when he runs the ball, takes on the line. Don't just catch and pass and leave it to Lomax to take on 3 defenders.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
On our most solemn day my wish apart from being able to see my old man a WWII veteran now long gone but never forgotten is that our team forget their differences, close the obvious divide and just have a fair dinkum dig. Win, lose or draw, if they can just celebrate the fact that they represent not only the massive dragons army but those who fell in a real life and death battles so they can play this game every year. Lest we forget.
The only thing I know about the internal workings of the military is from American movies. So I'm not sure if it exists in Australia but who thinks jodragon40 jodragon40 would have made an excellent drill sergeant or whatever the equivalent is in Australia?

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
More time spent studying opponents and expanding his rugby league IQ has been the catalyst for a flying start to 2023 for Dragons fullback Tyrell Sloan, according to coach Anthony Griffin.

“He’s really taken his commitment to another level in the way he prepares, the way he studies the opposition, his football knowledge. It’s a hard position to play. You’ve got be the main organiser in defence and a real point of difference in attack, so it takes a lot of learning and self-education, as well as coaching. To his credit he has really knuckled down and we couldn’t be happier."

This I do believe from Hook. Does not change my view that he should go.
Great news, pleased for Tyrell who I rated from the first time I saw him play. This will also be music to the ears of Jodragon who has been scathing of the kid.

Eric

Staff
That's exactly the problem with Bird. New coach has to tell him to run and tackle hard!
Unless he just can't do that. I think his only position, at which he is excellent, is an interchange utility. Coming on in the forwards, filling in, in the backs in case of an injury.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Unless he just can't do that. I think his only position, at which he is excellent, is an interchange utility. Coming on in the forwards, filling in, in the backs in case of an injury.
I cant get enthused by him. Same when he was first here. We already have a better spine utility in Moses Mbye imho. Extending Bird is as nutty as extending Hook last year. Hope he takes Bird with him when he is sacked then we can extend Mbye a year or two.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
More time spent studying opponents and expanding his rugby league IQ has been the catalyst for a flying start to 2023 for Dragons fullback Tyrell Sloan, according to coach Anthony Griffin.

“He’s really taken his commitment to another level in the way he prepares, the way he studies the opposition, his football knowledge. It’s a hard position to play. You’ve got be the main organiser in defence and a real point of difference in attack, so it takes a lot of learning and self-education, as well as coaching. To his credit he has really knuckled down and we couldn’t be happier."

This I do believe from Hook. Does not change my view that he should go.
Great news, pleased for Tyrell who I rated from the first time I saw him play. This will also be music to the ears of Jodragon who has been scathing of the kid.
I loved this kid watching him in the juniors and reserve. My only reservation is that he needs to get more involved instead of standing at the back whilst in possession. But his defence needs to improve.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Might be a hard game today. It's not like the Rorters are cruising like a lot of people expected. They'll also be up for a big game. Manu getting his hands on the ball a lot might have a silver lining. Teach Junior that it's not only ok but it's good when he runs the ball, takes on the line. Don't just catch and pass and leave it to Lomax to take on 3 defenders.
Look at the big match ups and I think that we are in trouble in the engine room BS v Mbye, JWH v Musgrove, Manu v Amone. If we do not complete our possessions above 80% and if we do not limit our missed tackles to no more than 25 we could be in for a footballing lesson. On the plus side Anzac Day clash has always been a beauty no matter where the teams are running, it's the first one we haven't attended for a very long time, it's also my 42nd wedding anniversary and we usually spend it here after attending the March in Sydney to pay respect especially remembering my father who served in WWII . If we can't perform today forget the rest of the season.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Jaiyden Hunt finally gets a crack but at the expense of Musgrove. In/out for this bloke. For gods sake let him settle into his position. You can not build any momentum this way. I'd have in for Molo who has been up and down and he comes back and starts after three /four games off, so a question mark surely over his match fitness.

With this game being played on a Tuesday there will be a short turn round for us, and Roosters. Game should be starting at 3 not 4.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Jaiyden Hunt finally gets a crack but at the expense of Musgrove. In/out for this bloke. For gods sake let him settle into his position. You can not build any momentum this way. I'd have in for Molo who has been up and down and he comes back and starts after three /four games off, so a question mark surely over his match fitness.

With this game being played on a Tuesday there will be a short turn round for us, and Roosters. Game should be starting at 3 not 4.
But still Kerr in the 17! I know Musgrove hasn't been great but he's been better than Kerr.

CRUNT

SGI Junior League
Wouldn't surprise me to see at all if Rorters, Souffs and the scumbags huddled and made a deal for the Rorters to throw the game so we keep Hook. I know it's far-fetched but I wouldn't rule it out.

See how much the players care about their coach’: Anzac Day boilover all that can save Griffin​

A Roosters premiership winner has warned Anthony Griffin’s time at the Dragons will be up if he can’t get them up for their Anzac Day clash against the Tricolours. Griffin is widely considered to already be on borrowed time but if he can orchestrate an Anzac Day boilover - like the Dragons did last year - it will buy him time.

Perhaps just a stay of execution, but it’ll be an emphatic response to the critics who have already declared Griffin a dead man walking. “It’s probably come at a good time for Hook because they seem to aim up on Anzac Day,” Ex-Roosters star Bryan Fletcher said.
This game always hits me as the measure for progress since the Mary era and particularly the measure of Ben Hunt as the main on field leader.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
This game always hits me as the measure for progress since the Mary era and particularly the measure of Ben Hunt as the main on field leader.
And if they get flogged today, a measure of how the team has actually gone backwards from McGregor.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Welcome to the forum. I hope there has been progress but right now, seems not.