Anzac Day clash v Roosters

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We had a superior completion rate, effective tackle rate and more offloads. I suspect most of those good stats came in the last 40 when we gained some momentum. With added quality and maturity in the next few years I can see some good times for us poor frustrated RedV diehards..

Last edited:

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think the game was lost (should have been won) in the 10 mins Radley was in the bin. Sloan was running hot, but wasn't sighted after he missed the kick from Junior. We needed him to keep running. One more try would have done it.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
We had most of the ball 53%, 76% completion rate but 50 missed tackles, that killed us, had an extra man for 10 min for 0 points. Roosters had 26 less runs but made 100+ more mtrs. Which indicates to me that we were not making the advantage line consistently. A check on individual players stat's confirmed this with Lawrie 15 runs for only 106m so that's avg of 7m a hit up and he was our only forward to make 100+ mtrs and that is just not going to win you games. Roosters had 4 forwards run the 100+ mtrs and that ultimately win them the game. We looked more dangerous when Liddle was on but I can't work out why he got 33 min and Mbye 62, and once again 2 bench forwards played limited minutes, Kerr 23 and Hunt 17, you simply can't afford to do that in 1st grade. Next 2 games against the Dogs and Tigers are must win games to avoid slipping into the wooden spoon position.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
We had most of the ball 53%, 76% completion rate but 50 missed tackles, that killed us, had an extra man for 10 min for 0 points. Roosters had 26 less runs but made 100+ more mtrs. Which indicates to me that we were not making the advantage line consistently. A check on individual players stat's confirmed this with Lawrie 15 runs for only 106m so that's avg of 7m a hit up and he was our only forward to make 100+ mtrs and that is just not going to win you games. Roosters had 4 forwards run the 100+ mtrs and that ultimately win them the game. We looked more dangerous when Liddle was on but I can't work out why he got 33 min and Mbye 62, and once again 2 bench forwards played limited minutes, Kerr 23 and Hunt 17, you simply can't afford to do that in 1st grade. Next 2 games against the Dogs and Tigers are must win games to avoid slipping into the wooden spoon position.
Seriously, Kerr doesn't even bend the line. He's a massive unit and mobile. He's like NAS at Melbourne. Why can't he at least bend the line and as he can't, why does Griffin keep picking him.

And why does he keep Mbye on at hooker for so long?

And why did J. Hunt only get about 10min?

With just a little common sense from the coach, this game was there for the talking.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Seriously, Kerr doesn't even bend the line. He's a massive unit and mobile. He's like NAS at Melbourne. Why can't he at least bend the line and as he can't, why does Griffin keep picking him.

With just a little common sense from the coach, this game was there for the talking.
Yep and seriously , Hunt has no idea how to win a close game , would never had extended his contract , with a bit of luck he goes with Hook ...... Thats just my opinion .......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Suli
Sloan
JDB.

Suli had his best game for us. Threw the final pass for two tries, tackled well and was generally a powerhouse. Has the size and speed to make a damaging edge forward. Moses please smile big fellar.

Sloan's constant sniffing around the ball carrier, chiming into the back line to make the extra man sparking our attack into life in the second 40.

JDB put in his usual game. Never stops in attack and defense. Topped the tackle count yet again, links well with forwards and backs. Plays every match with 100% passion.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt had a pretty bad gane.c
No its not Morgan Morgan. Not his first PRETTY BAD GAME this season. Has he kicked a 40/20, is not taking on the line as often and his passing game is mediocre at best. That metre forward pass to Amone was schoolboy stuff. Ever heard of taking the ball to the line and drawing your man, Ben??? Tho to be fair, he did throw a good'n for our first try. Still Suli's little swerve to get outside his man made the four pointer.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
This is the only plsce you will read that .... Hunt had a pretty bad gane.c
But it's far from the only place you will read that Junior Amone also had a pretty bad game. To be 100% fair.
Suli
Sloan
HDB.

Suli has his best game for us. Threw the final pass for two tries, tackled well and was generally a powerhouse. Has the size and speed to make a damaging edge forward. Moses please smile big fellar.

Sloan's constant sniffing around the ball carrier, chiming into the back line to make the extra man sparking our attack into life in the second 40.

JDB put in his usual game. Never stops in attack and defense. Topped the tackle count yet again, links well with forwards and backs. Plays every match with 100% passion.
I've always been skeptical of jodragon40 jodragon40 rating Suli so highly but to be fair again, yesterday he had a blinder. Sloan, obviously, Bird and JDB were also standouts.

But didn't it also underline the problem with Sloan? When he's involved, getting the ball in his hands, he's an out and out superstar but does it far too rarely. Couchman made 2 mistakes. One just a simple bobble in a 3 man tackle with arms all around the ball. Happens to everyone at some point. And one at the end when he was desperately trying to keep the ball alive. Apart from that, yet another good game. Since coming into first grade, he's been consistently good.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

The continued selection of Kerr and re-selection of BMM is doing my head in.