Chat Thread.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Self explanatory guys. Eric and I talked about adding this thread for general chat during the footy off season.

I have been trying to keep my pool from turning into a swamp for the past week after my salt chorinator went on the blink. Contacted the manufacturer, have been mucked around re a service date so the water remains dirty.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Damn. How long do they have left?
They won't get taken out by as asteroid tomorrow and they'll last longer in towns and provincial cities, like the Gong. But where they were built in, I don't the number but as an example, 10% of new homes 20 years ago, you will find it's more like 5% today and in another 10 years will be 2.5% and won't stop until only the very rich have them.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
They won't get taken out by as asteroid tomorrow and they'll last longer in towns and provincial cities, like the Gong. But where they were built in, I don't the number but as an example, 10% of new homes 20 years ago, you will find it's more like 5% today and in another 10 years will be 2.5% and won't stop until only the very rich have them.
Everyone will have to cool off in rivers or the ocean in summer in the future?🦈

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Self explanatory guys. Eric and I talked about adding this thread for general chat during the footy off season.

I have been trying to keep my pool from turning into a swamp for the past week after my salt chorinator went on the blink. Contacted the manufacturer, have been mucked around re a service date so the water remains dirty.
Heard about the pool guy who messed up jodragon40 jodragon40's pool? He copped such a baking that he ended up moving to Finland so that he would never have to set eyes on another pool:ROFLMAO:.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
He actually moved to Greenland 😆
Fill me in. Sounds intriguing.
They won't get taken out by as asteroid tomorrow and they'll last longer in towns and provincial cities
I'll say more than 10% 20 years ago. We put our pool in 22 years ago and our home was in a growing inner west suburb of Sydney where quarter acre (1K sm ) blocks were still being sold. I expect there were many similar areas to ours where that was the case. I think this size block in SMA has now gone the way of the dinosaur. Expect they are still sold in provincial towns.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Latest concerning my pool headache is we have managed to finally elicit a response from the manufacturer re a service on my busted chorinator. Only took 10 days. Problem is they cant come out until next week. So to expedite matters my son will take the item to their Liverpool premises. A fair drive from his place. Hoping they will swap it for a new one as it is under warranty. My pool water is just surviving due to liberal doses of chlorine and algaecide every day. Did I mention two links of my pool cleaner have sprung leaks, now the tiny piece of plastic that holds the skimmer box cover secure has broken off so the cleaner has minimal suction. GGGRRRR.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Fill me in. Sounds intriguing.

I'll say more than 10% 20 years ago. We put our pool in 22 years ago and our home was in a growing inner west suburb of Sydney where quarter acre (1K sm ) blocks were still being sold. I expect there were many similar areas to ours where that was the case. I think this size block in SMA has now gone the way of the dinosaur. Expect they are still sold in provincial towns.
That sounds about right. Suburbia is incredibly inefficient, wasteful and environmentally devastating. Unless it's like suburbia in China where it consists of groups of 40 story buildings with pedestrian streets and shops in the street level and subways running underneath.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Latest concerning my pool headache is we have managed to finally elicit a response from the manufacturer re a service on my busted chorinator. Only took 10 days. Problem is they cant come out until next week. So to expedite matters my son will take the item to their Liverpool premises. A fair drive from his place. Hoping they will swap it for a new one as it is under warranty. My pool water is just surviving due to liberal doses of chlorine and algaecide every day. Did I mention two links of my pool cleaner have sprung leaks, now the tiny piece of plastic that holds the skimmer box cover secure has broken off so the cleaner has minimal suction. GGGRRRR.
I suggest you give the phone number to JoDragon and ask him to call. Give a rocket to someone so that things can get moving much faster.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I suggest you give the phone number to JoDragon and ask him to call. Give a rocket to someone so that things can get moving much faster.
Unfortunately due to supply issues my rockets will not be available until Feb 23 where they will be used frequently I'm afraid

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Give a rocket to someone so that things can get moving much faster.
My son has already sent off a rocket or two over the past 10 days. Big companies like Davey are the worst for customer service yet they also dread bad publicity as it affects their shareholders and thus their bottom line. So when they have complaints they move a lot faster.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Guys this is a chat thread. Dont any of you have any general news.

How about recent hols. Jodragon could tell us something about his trip to the World Cup.
As for me my last holiday was in 2019 to Tasmania. Love the place and people and Bellerive Oval that holds all the island's state cricket matches. I was lucky to catch two Shield matches there during my stay and became good friends with TASCRICKET members.

I have found a full replay of Samoa v England. Will now go and watch it.. add-free.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Guys this is a chat thread. Dont any of you have any general news.

How about recent hols. Jodragon could tell us something about his trip to the World Cup.
As for me my last holiday was in 2019 to Tasmania. Love the place and people and Bellerive Oval that holds all the island's state cricket matches. I was lucky to catch two Shield matches there during my stay and became good friends with TASCRICKET members.

I have found a full replay of Samoa v England. Will now go and watch it.. add-free.
I had a friend from the UK. London, England to be specific. Usually they are so hyper-nationalistic, I don't have time for them. But anyway, this guy isn't like that at all. Once he went through all the different words for "drunk" with me. Wankered, sloshed, wrecked, stoned (yep, for being drunk) slonked and etc. The last of those is my favourite. Anyway, I feel JoDragon might have been slonked for a large amount of time he was in the UK.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I feel JoDragon might have been slonked for a large amount of time he was in the UK.
I was slonked for a good part of the time when I visited the Old Dart back in the 80s. Dead set it was so cold in London the only thing to do is sit in a warm pub and get sloshed. To be honest they did have one of their hottest summers on record that year. The Poms had to cool down by paddling in the Serpentine.. that or drive for hours to their seaside.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I was slonked for a good part of the time when I visited the Old Dart back in the 80s. Dead set it was so cold in London the only thing to do is sit in a warm pub and get sloshed. To be honest they did have one of their hottest summers on record that year. The Poms had to cool down by paddling in the Serpentine.. that or drive for hours to their seaside.
What is 'the Serpentine'?