GEE WHIZ

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well it was a long time in the making but it has been reported that Lomax has been dropped by Griffin. Who said the playing group wasn't divided? It was always on the cards since him being moved to the opposite side of the playing field.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Well it was a long time in the making but it has been reported that Lomax has been dropped by Griffin. Who said the playing group wasn't divided? It was always on the cards since him being moved to the opposite side of the playing field.
Glad he's decided to do something but I thought Lomax is the least of the teams problems. Though his goal kicking has been a problem.

Eyeballs

SGI Junior League
Zac is a good player, but not 1 line break in 9 rounds and only 1 try, your centres are your strike weapons, dragons centres are way behind other sides when comes too scoring

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Zac is a good player, but not 1 line break in 9 rounds and only 1 try, your centres are your strike weapons, dragons centres are way behind other sides when comes too scoring
He's not getting much help from his inside players. Every time he gets the ball there are 3 opposition players there to tackle him.
Glad he's decided to do something but I thought Lomax is the least of the teams problems. Though his goal kicking has been a problem.
I think he and Hunt aren't getting along. That's why he had to go.

But I'm excited to see what the Fegai's can do in the centres.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hope he's not the only one. I don't think he can be the scapegoat for poor team performances unless the coach is moving against destabilising forces within the team as jodragon40 jodragon40 keeps reporting.

Eyeballs

SGI Junior League
He's not getting much help from his inside players. Every time he gets the ball there are 3 opposition players there to tackle him.

Eyeballs

SGI Junior League
Yes that's probably the case with hunt and Lomax, but I think our halves stand too close too the defensive line, and are too slow too give the centres a chance too break the line,, we where winning when Sullivan was 5/8, then he got hurt, he needs too be in the team ,5)8 or hooker

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Being an old broken down coach albeit not at NRL level I can safety say that moving players around to plaster over other issues within your team is usually doomed to failure. Moving Lomax from one side of the playing field to the opposite side was always frought with danger and did fail. It is extremely difficult to ask a player to play somewhere else when all his playing life he has built his game, his skills in that position. It is unfair and reeks of a get square by the coach

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Hope he's not the only one. I don't think he can be the scapegoat for poor team performances unless the coach is moving against destabilising forces within the team as jodragon40 jodragon40 keeps reporting.
Don't be surprised if his mate Lawrie is not the next on the coaches hit list

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Every coach worth his salt knows that your engine room needs to be consistently making the advantage line giving your playmaker room to move and play the practised attacking structures or playing eyes up football. I have said this consistently if this is not happening on a regular basis it doesn't matter if you have the Kangaroo backline in your team they just won't be able to move. This has been a clear problem with our team for at least the last 5 yrs.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Yes that's probably the case with hunt and Lomax, but I think our halves stand too close too the defensive line, and are too slow too give the centres a chance too break the line,, we where winning when Sullivan was 5/8, then he got hurt, he needs too be in the team ,5)8 or hooker
Yep and the service from Mbye is slow as well. Mbye is definitely in the Hunt-Griffin faction. Lomax, Lawrie and JDB are in the anti Hunt-Griffin faction.

Eyeballs

SGI Junior League
The hook is a defensive old school coach, defensive isn't the dragons problem, the attack is that slow it's like it's a week late too the game

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Yep and the service from Mbye is slow as well. Mbye is definitely in the Hunt-Griffin faction. Lomax, Lawrie and JDB are in the anti Hunt-Griffin faction.
If you watch the most consistent teams and I say look at the Dolphins here, their forwards make the advantage line, then usually they fall on their stomachs or at the very least on their sides, this allows them a quick play the ball and their dummy half gives quick clean passes clearing the ruck area. They were favourite for the wooden spoon but because they are very well coached and play to their strengths they are half a chance of playing semi finals football whereas we will be playing for the wooden spoon.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The hook is a defensive old school coach, defensive isn't the dragons problem, the attack is that slow it's like it's a week late too the game
So was and still is Bennett but look at the differences between them and us. The attack is slow and we are very flat in attack but that's because we are slow to play the ball and clear the ruck. Lomax because of his opposition to the coach is the scapegoat and I now don't expect us to beat the Tigers this weekend as a result

Eyeballs

SGI Junior League
Being an old broken down coach albeit not at NRL level I can safety say that moving players around to plaster over other issues within your team is usually doomed to failure. Moving Lomax from one side of the playing field to the opposite side was always frought with danger and did fail. It is extremely difficult to ask a player to play somewhere else when all his playing life he has built his game, his skills in that position. It is unfair and reeks of a get square by the coach
True there getting paid more money in a year then Il earn in 10, you got too look at Crichton, Manu, there's is heaps of them that play all over the field, Zac Lomax is on rails on only run up and back in the same line

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
They have had some large scores put on them for a team whose defence isn't a problem.

Eyeballs

SGI Junior League
True there getting paid more money in a year then Il earn in 10, you got too look at Crichton, Manu, there's is heaps of them that play all over the field, Zac Lomax is on rails on only run up and back in the same line

They have had some large scores put on them for a team whose defence isn't a problem.
It's the modern day game, all good attacking sides are going too score 30 points, if the dragons attack was better they would also do Less tackling

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
It's the modern day game, all good attacking sides are going too score 30 points, if the dragons attack was better they would also do Less tackling
That's true. But I still wouldn't go so far as to say defence isn't a problem for this team.

Eyeballs

SGI Junior League
Paul Kent write in the telegraph today if Zac Lomax goal kicking had been better the dragons would be in the top 4 only Cronulla has scored more trys in a game then the dragons all year

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Paul Kent write in the telegraph today if Zac Lomax goal kicking had been better the dragons would be in the top 4 only Cronulla has scored more trys in a game then the dragons all year
Well he's wrong. Brisbane did as well.