Head coach….

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
THE FAT IS IN THE FIRE!!! SOME MEDIA OUTLETS ARE REPORTING DEAN YOUNG IS THE NEW FAVOURITE!
It's so bad, I think it won't happen. The media will crucify the board. They were already talking about how bad a choice Ryles was. If Dean Young is appointed, they'll be talking about nothing but that until he starts next season. And then if next season starts badly, it'll start all over again.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Confirms what I have been saying for the last 2 yrs about our front office
I agree with this normally drunken idiot. Appoint Shane Richardson first. Let him knock the Dean Young idea on the head and appoint Flanno or Hasler.

But Rothfield believes the club needs a front office clean-out, and to sign a footballing guru to oversee operations before landing on their next coach.

Rothfield added: “Before you appoint a coach, you’ve got to sweep the joint out. You’ve got to get rid of board members, you’ve got to get rid of front office people, from chief executives to head of football, whatever.

“As I wrote yesterday, the club sponsor, the longest serving major sponsor — St. George Bank — have bailed out. They are over it.

“They were over the team’s poor performances. They’re over the off-field issues. Three players turning up to the presentation night. No official at Ben Hunt’s 300 games celebration.

“The joint is an absolute debacle. I wouldn’t appoint a coach [first], I’m trying to get Shane Richardson or a figurehead in first then do your coach.”

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I agree with this normally drunken idiot. Appoint Shane Richardson first. Let him knock the Dean Young idea on the head and appoint Flanno or Hasler.

But Rothfield believes the club needs a front office clean-out, and to sign a footballing guru to oversee operations before landing on their next coach.

Rothfield added: “Before you appoint a coach, you’ve got to sweep the joint out. You’ve got to get rid of board members, you’ve got to get rid of front office people, from chief executives to head of football, whatever.

“As I wrote yesterday, the club sponsor, the longest serving major sponsor — St. George Bank — have bailed out. They are over it.

“They were over the team’s poor performances. They’re over the off-field issues. Three players turning up to the presentation night. No official at Ben Hunt’s 300 games celebration.

“The joint is an absolute debacle. I wouldn’t appoint a coach [first], I’m trying to get Shane Richardson or a figurehead in first then do your coach.”
It's bloody embarrassing

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Young , Doust , snotty nosed A. Gordon , throw in Piggot that have been there for ever and isn't Gordon's sister on the board also ? ....... They all sucking the place dry ...... It isn't working the St George side and the Illawarra side of the merger ...... Need an independent Board ......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Young , Doust , snotty nosed A. Gordon , throw in Piggot that have been there for ever and isn't Gordon's sister on the board also ? ....... They all sucking the place dry ...... It isn't working the St George side and the Illawarra side of the merger ...... Need an independent Board ......
Correct when Gordon retired he gifted his spot on the board to his daughter who has come from the Win media background another asset to a RL boardroom. It's so surreal how this board has just allowed this once proud, traditional and feared club become the laughing stock of the rugby league community

Red T

SGI Junior League
What about Trent Barrett ? It might be third time lucky as a head coach. He would be cheap too ! And maybe Mark Gasnier ! He’s got the pedigree to win….

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
What about Trent Barrett ? It might be third time lucky as a head coach. He would be cheap too ! And maybe Mark Gasnier ! He’s got the pedigree to win….
No, no, no, no, no, NO. Barrett failed spectacularly in his two stints as a head coach. Not just fail like Mary, Browny, Chinless but fail spectacularly. As for Gaz, is he even qualified? I wasn't aware of him being a coach in any capacity.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Mate if we are going to give Barrett another go I'd rather give it to Potter ......

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Shane Richardson is the FIRST one to HIRE. Get the place in order. They have know clue, what they are doing. ( stipulated by Board member Ben Creigh).So a Board member admitted the Board doesn't know what they are doing (WTF).
RICHO is the one to get these parasites out.
Management, football dept, Board. Unfortunately I can't see these scoundrels
getting RICHO in to do a job that will inevitably get these parasites sacked.
Until we can get a complete overhaul of the administration agreed to by
the Board,Nothing will happen. That's all thanks to that shyster Peter DOUST.
He has set up the shonky
Governance and has made it near impossible for him and his troops to be sacked.