Head coach….

Red T

SGI Junior League
Let the Benedict Arnold go to Melbourne. He won’t be head coach there anyway. Does anyone know if Des Hasler is still in the mix? He has a good record as a head coach, unlike all the coaches since Bennett…

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Let the Benedict Arnold go to Melbourne. He won’t be head coach there anyway. Does anyone know if Des Hasler is still in the mix? He has a good record as a head coach, unlike all the coaches since Bennett…

Red T

SGI Junior League
I cast my vote for Hasler. Thanks. ! I suppose it will be Hornby. There is a dearth of potential head coaches…But I would go for Hasler as he has won two premierships.

Eric

Staff
I cast my vote for Hasler. Thanks. ! I suppose it will be Hornby. There is a dearth of potential head coaches…But I would go for Hasler as he has won two premierships.
I'll say again. Illusion Illusion stated about 3 months ago:
  • The club will negotiate with _______________.
  • Tough negotiations will drag on.
  • The deal is ready to be signed.
  • The deal will fall over for some reason.
  • Now the club is in a rush to appoint someone.
  • Dean Young or Ben Hornby get the job.
I considered it a not very funny joke at the time. Now the joke is on me.

Eric

Staff
I see Hasler as an absolute no-brainer. It's for that reason, I think he's no chance. Hasler was fired from Manly because it was in his contract that he is in charge of the football team. Then the owner wanted to give the team a lecture about something and Hasler locked him out. Peter Doust for one would never allow that kind of person near the team he sees as his own little hobby.

• Angry
Reactions: QDF

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hasler should have been the first person picked.
Premiership winner.
But alas I don't think DOUST would allow him full reign. So doubt Hasler would contemplate being any part of this broken down SGIL club. We are on track for our first ever WOODEN SPOON. Our Board are the most incompetent in the NRL.
Until we are rescued from these imberciles, calling themselves Board members,I'm afraid we are doomed.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Hasler should have been the first person picked.
Premiership winner.
But alas I don't think DOUST would allow him full reign. So doubt Hasler would contemplate being any part of this broken down SGIL club. We are on track for our first ever WOODEN SPOON. Our Board are the most incompetent in the NRL.
Until we are rescued from these imberciles, calling themselves Board members,I'm afraid we are doomed.
Most self-serving incompetent idiots in the history of the NRL.

st george tragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Definitely Hassler or Flanigan or we are screwed again. I have been a dragon for 60 years and never seen anything like this debacle. It's very depressing to see our once great club falling apart like this. The board has to go!!!. I will be the first person there at the riot if they pick young or hornby.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Definitely Hassler or Flanigan or we are screwed again. I have been a dragon for 60 years and never seen anything like this debacle. It's very depressing to see our once great club falling apart like this. The board has to go!!!. I will be the first person there at the riot if they pick young or hornby.
At least 90% of Dragons fans I know or have asked, and I've asked a lot, are saying the same thing. Hasler or Flanagan. It's mind boggling why the board doesn't make it happen.

st george tragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
That's why the board needs to go because every supporter can see the answer why can't they. Give it to either Hasler or Flanagan with full control of the team and then we have a chance of becoming competitive again. It's not that hard a decision.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
That's why the board needs to go because every supporter can see the answer why can't they. Give it to either Hasler or Flanagan with full control of the team and then we have a chance of becoming competitive again. It's not that hard a decision.
And I read the truth that after the last 10+ years, giving Hasler or Flanagan complete control over the team isn't even a gamble really. What they are doing now clearly isn't working.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
At least 90% of Dragons fans I know or have asked, and I've asked a lot, are saying the same thing. Hasler or Flanagan. It's mind boggling why the board doesn't make it happen.
The only coach that came in and won us a competition. Wayne Bennett, wouldn't let DOUST anywhere near the team.Or any Board member. (Fat Albert excluded). If that's not pointing the finger at these
Idiots running our club, I don't know what is. BENNETT showed us the plan, how to WIN. ( just keep these Board imberciles away from the team.)But these incompetent losers
just won't let go of any sort of power, in fear of losing their position at money TROUGH.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The only coach that came in and won us a competition. Wayne Bennett, wouldn't let DOUST anywhere near the team.Or any Board member. (Fat Albert excluded). If that's not pointing the finger at these
Idiots running our club, I don't know what is. BENNETT showed us the plan, how to WIN. ( just keep these Board imberciles away from the team.)But these incompetent losers
just won't let go of any sort of power, in fear of losing their position at money TROUGH.
Exactly!

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Just don't understand how this low life DOUST got back on the Board. He is the reason Flanagan cant get a go. He has stated he's protecting our name,
But what about that shonky backroom deal he did with those short FINGERED Gordon's. (50%ownership for 6mil.when 11.5mil. was offered by the Sydney Kings owner)Then retired as CEO......But pops up again to stick his head back into trough.
...who is guilty of letting that happen. ????

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Just don't understand how this low life DOUST got back on the Board. He is the reason Flanagan cant get a go. He has stated he's protecting our name,
But what about that shonky backroom deal he did with those short FINGERED Gordon's. (50%ownership for 6mil.when 11.5mil. was offered by the Sydney Kings owner)Then retired as CEO......But pops up again to stick his head back into trough.
...who is guilty of letting that happen. ????
I could be wrong but I thought he's been on the board all long. Doesn't the CEO count as a board member.

Right now I think Doust is about getting revenge on fans for what he sees as unfair criticism before his forced retirement.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I could be wrong but I thought he's been on the board all long. Doesn't the CEO count as a board member.

Right now I think Doust is about getting revenge on fans for what he sees as unfair criticism before his forced retirement.
CEO is appointed by the board. Doust went from long serving CEO to board member. Board member with a lot of influence. Don't know how he pulled that off.

st george tragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
There is an sos site on the above forum under st george thread where we can all vote against the board

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
There is an sos site on the above forum under st george thread where we can all vote against the board
Unfortunately I was banned for losing my mind over Steve Price.