Head coach….

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
I agree with this normally drunken idiot. Appoint Shane Richardson first. Let him knock the Dean Young idea on the head and appoint Flanno or Hasler.

But Rothfield believes the club needs a front office clean-out, and to sign a footballing guru to oversee operations before landing on their next coach.

Rothfield added: “Before you appoint a coach, you’ve got to sweep the joint out. You’ve got to get rid of board members, you’ve got to get rid of front office people, from chief executives to head of football, whatever.

“As I wrote yesterday, the club sponsor, the longest serving major sponsor — St. George Bank — have bailed out. They are over it.

“They were over the team’s poor performances. They’re over the off-field issues. Three players turning up to the presentation night. No official at Ben Hunt’s 300 games celebration.

“The joint is an absolute debacle. I wouldn’t appoint a coach [first], I’m trying to get Shane Richardson or a figurehead in first then do your coach.”
Couldn't agree more.

Eric

Staff
Shane Richardson is the FIRST one to HIRE. Get the place in order. They have know clue, what they are doing. ( stipulated by Board member Ben Creigh).So a Board member admitted the Board doesn't know what they are doing (WTF).
RICHO is the one to get these parasites out.
Management, football dept, Board. Unfortunately I can't see these scoundrels
getting RICHO in to do a job that will inevitably get these parasites sacked.
Until we can get a complete overhaul of the administration agreed to by
the Board,Nothing will happen. That's all thanks to that shyster Peter DOUST.
He has set up the shonky
Governance and has made it near impossible for him and his troops to be sacked.
I've been saying for a while, Doust is so incompetent that it comes across as corruption to me. I don't have any evidence of this but I can only think he is somehow profiting from doing what he is doing now or he would no longer be doing it. Like the CEO is getting paid 30% more than he should due to the influence of Doust and Doust is getting 15% of that. Once again, I have no evidence but I just can't see any other logical explanation.

Hiring a guru like Richardson is a must! Do it now! Today. Why wait? From all reports, he's interested in the job and probably won't demand huge money.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Mate if we are going to give Barrett another go I'd rather give it to Potter ......
None of the above. Or Young or Hornby. These Scumbags on the Board just want someone,they can manipulate just like they did with PRICE, THEN
MCGREGOR, & SILLY OLD HOOK. We need an independent investigation into the Boards handing of the
Sale to the GORDON'S. IF these is completed by the right people. (Not Phil Gould).We should have this shambolic Board out on their ear. Then we can look at appointments to coaching staff. Hopefully getting back on track with an experienced COACH & his staff. Possibly a new GOVERNANCE allowing us
VOTE OUR BOARD in a Democratic manner. NOT A DOUST dictatorship.
I believe Shane Richardson should lead the inquiry.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
CAN GET BANNED FOR THIS OVER THERE.
Most definitely, I think Peter DOUST is a sly Moderator over at League unlimited.
I've been banned three times.
Came back in on different e-mail addresses.
Think DOUST is a crook, and a definite master of DECEPTION.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
None of the above. Or Young or Hornby. These Scumbags on the Board just want someone,they can manipulate just like they did with PRICE, THEN
MCGREGOR, & SILLY OLD HOOK. We need an independent investigation into the Boards handing of the
Sale to the GORDON'S. IF these is completed by the right people. (Not Phil Gould).We should have this shambolic Board out on their ear. Then we can look at appointments to coaching staff. Hopefully getting back on track with an experienced COACH & his staff. Possibly a new GOVERNANCE allowing us
VOTE OUR BOARD in a Democratic manner. NOT A DOUST dictatorship.
I believe Shane Richardson should lead the inquiry.
Exactly they are all leeches ......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Most definitely, I think Peter DOUST is a sly Moderator over at League unlimited.
I've been banned three times.
Came back in on different e-mail addresses.
Think DOUST is a crook, and a definite master of DECEPTION.
Thanks to Eric Eric I think they are much less enthusiastic about banning now. And they also changed the criteria for entry into the formerly invite only sub forum. I used to want in but don't care at all now.

And BTW, agree about Doust completely. There is something going on with the board. They are running the team into the ground but still refuse to relinquish any of the large amount of control they have. Why is that? I think an investigation would uncover some interesting things. But it will never happen because they would need to investigate themselves.

Last edited:

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
I've been saying for a while, Doust is so incompetent that it comes across as corruption to me. I don't have any evidence of this but I can only think he is somehow profiting from doing what he is doing now or he would no longer be doing it. Like the CEO is getting paid 30% more than he should due to the influence of Doust and Doust is getting 15% of that. Once again, I have no evidence but I just can't see any other logical explanation.

Hiring a guru like Richardson is a must! Do it now! Today. Why wait? From all reports, he's interested in the job and probably won't demand huge money.
Well yeah,
That deal he did with the Gordon's was so corrupt it's got tobe illegal. DOUST is a crook & should be dealt with by the NRL.( Or the law) How can it right, do a deal with Gordon's as our CEO, Then knowing it's a shonky backroom deal & he will face harsh reprisals. DOUST resigns as CEO only to pop up again as Board member . Tell me? , who voted for DOUST to go back on the Board after excepting a deal for half the money.
Now that SINKS of illegality. Why wasn't something done about that ??????.How can a CEO.Working for members
Make a deal on behalf of our club, & expect 6million (Gordon's offer)
When there is another offer of 11.5million on the table from the Sydney kings owner MrP Smith?(Costing the Club 5-5million)
Then this Scumbag gets voted back on the Board.
(Only a guess but the logical perpetrators would have to be the New 50% owners WIN Corp) as payoff ????
The Whole Board needs to go. "IMMEDIATELY"
TOTAL CLEANOUT. WIN CORP. Bought out.(by Stgeorge)
They need to be shown the door ASAP. replaced by another owner ( they'd want 12 million you can bet on that). UNTIL this happens the new COACH is just another smoke screen. 😡😡😡

Eric

Staff
Well yeah,
That deal he did with the Gordon's was so corrupt it's got tobe illegal. DOUST is a crook & should be dealt with by the NRL.( Or the law) How can it right, do a deal with Gordon's as our CEO, Then knowing it's a shonky backroom deal & he will face harsh reprisals. DOUST resigns as CEO only to pop up again as Board member . Tell me? , who voted for DOUST to go back on the Board after excepting a deal for half the money.
Now that SINKS of illegality. Why wasn't something done about that ??????.How can a CEO.Working for members
Make a deal on behalf of our club, & expect 6million (Gordon's offer)
When there is another offer of 11.5million on the table from the Sydney kings owner MrP Smith?(Costing the Club 5-5million)
Then this Scumbag gets voted back on the Board.
(Only a guess but the logical perpetrators would have to be the New 50% owners WIN Corp) as payoff ????
The Whole Board needs to go. "IMMEDIATELY"
TOTAL CLEANOUT. WIN CORP. Bought out.(by Stgeorge)
They need to be shown the door ASAP. replaced by another owner ( they'd want 12 million you can bet on that). UNTIL this happens the new COACH is just another smoke screen. 😡😡😡
All very good points. Unfortunately, unless the board can be trusted to appoint someone to investigate the very people who hired him or her, I guess they'll get away with it.

Eric

Staff
Webb said the decision by Ryles to reject the Dragons’ four-year offer was a shock and has left the club in a hurry to solidify their future.

“The time frame was to have it done by end of May, that was the plan,” Webb said. “So we do need to get a hurry on because it has knock-on effects on your staff and your players. It is time critical, we do need to get on our bike and we were hoping it would be done.”

Damn! Standby for Dean Young to be hired because there is no time to interview other possible applicants!

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
All very good points. Unfortunately, unless the board can be trusted to appoint someone to investigate the very people who hired him or her, I guess they'll get away with it.
Probably that's why Gus didn't say too much when he came in to look at the joint , and Probably told Ryles to stay clear of the joint , as they the board , Doust , Young , Gordon's etc are all shonky ....... And let's not get started on the split board ........ I posted all this 5, 6 years ago on a other forum and people thought I was mad 😠 maybe I am , then they ban me from the joint , bit like the St George illawarra Board, don't want to hear the truth ........

Eric

Staff
Probably that's why Gus didn't say too much when he came in to look at the joint , and Probably told Ryles to stay clear of the joint , as they the board , Doust , Young , Gordon's etc are all shonky ....... And let's not get started on the split board ........ I posted all this 5, 6 years ago on a other forum and people thought I was mad 😠 maybe I am , then they ban me from the joint , bit like the St George illawarra Board, don't want to hear the truth ........
I bet no one calls you "mad" for saying that now.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Yes, " the NRL" Need to step in for the good of the game. Appoint an independent representative,( ex Judge or legal QC.)to hold an inquiry into the sale of illawara side to the Gordon's. That should take care of DOUST.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

This is what they call a diatribe. The kind of win at all costs, while being supervised to make sure he does nothing illegal, is what Saints need now. Probably in the future as well. Bellamy has his team choke, knee cap, rip shoulders out of their sockets and etc and gets nothing but praise.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
This is how the Dragons can become a premiership heavyweight again according to ChatGPT:

To help St George Illawarra (Dragons) recover and become a top team in the NRL, here are some potential strategies:
  1. Strong Recruitment and Retention: Identify and recruit talented players who can strengthen key positions within the team. Look for players with the right combination of skill, experience, and leadership qualities. Additionally, retaining key players within the club is crucial for stability and long-term success.
  2. Coaching and Support Staff: Appoint a skilled and experienced coach who can develop effective game plans and strategies. Surround them with a competent support staff, including assistant coaches, trainers, and analysts. A cohesive coaching team can have a significant impact on player development and performance.
  3. Talent Development: Invest in a robust talent development program to nurture young players within the club. This includes having strong pathways from junior levels to the first-grade squad. Developing local talent can create a sense of identity and loyalty while building a sustainable future for the club.
  4. Skill Enhancement: Focus on individual player development by providing targeted training and skill enhancement programs. This includes technical skills, game awareness, decision-making, and physical conditioning. Continual improvement of player skills is crucial for the team's overall performance.
  5. Team Culture and Leadership: Foster a positive and strong team culture that emphasizes discipline, accountability, and a winning mentality. Appoint leaders within the squad who can inspire and motivate the team, both on and off the field. A healthy team culture can lead to better cohesion and performance.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
This is how the Dragons can become a premiership heavyweight again according to ChatGPT:

To help St George Illawarra (Dragons) recover and become a top team in the NRL, here are some potential strategies:
  1. Strong Recruitment and Retention: Identify and recruit talented players who can strengthen key positions within the team. Look for players with the right combination of skill, experience, and leadership qualities. Additionally, retaining key players within the club is crucial for stability and long-term success.
  2. Coaching and Support Staff: Appoint a skilled and experienced coach who can develop effective game plans and strategies. Surround them with a competent support staff, including assistant coaches, trainers, and analysts. A cohesive coaching team can have a significant impact on player development and performance.
  3. Talent Development: Invest in a robust talent development program to nurture young players within the club. This includes having strong pathways from junior levels to the first-grade squad. Developing local talent can create a sense of identity and loyalty while building a sustainable future for the club.
  4. Skill Enhancement: Focus on individual player development by providing targeted training and skill enhancement programs. This includes technical skills, game awareness, decision-making, and physical conditioning. Continual improvement of player skills is crucial for the team's overall performance.
  5. Team Culture and Leadership: Foster a positive and strong team culture that emphasizes discipline, accountability, and a winning mentality. Appoint leaders within the squad who can inspire and motivate the team, both on and off the field. A healthy team culture can lead to better cohesion and performance.
Again https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/2863fd76c2b8dd0b79881737a5481b89

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I can feel a D. YOUNG COMING ON ...... If it's Greagh blocking this as was posted on another forum ( again only speculation ) but makes sense Creagh , Young , Hornby , mates ...... then he has lost it also ......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
What is Flanno playing at here? He leaks the news the club is after Wellsby to play 5/8 only for the current club he's contrasted to, to shut the Dragons pursuit down. Why didn't they first approach the club and ask if it was a possibility? Is he trying to put it out there that "we tried everything we could to find a 5/8 but came up empty and that's why we have no choice but to stick with Kyle."

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
What is Flanno playing at here? He leaks the news the club is after Wellsby to play 5/8 only for the current club he's contrasted to, to shut the Dragons pursuit down. Why didn't they first approach the club and ask if it was a possibility? Is he trying to put it out there that "we tried everything we could to find a 5/8 but came up empty and that's why we have no choice but to stick with Kyle."
Nothing surprises me , but I hope it's not like that and he is genuinely looking .......