JDB

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well I know a few on here have been very vocal about the police investigation and subsequent charging of JDB with rape. I was even perplexed with some of the decision making at the time between the Police and the DPP . Well I can now reveal that there had been a internal investigation after the matter did not proceed and an investigator has now been criminally charge under the provisions of the Crimes Act 1900, Section 327, Perjury. If the officer is found guilty the maximum penalty is 10 years imprisonment.

(1) Any person who in or in connection with any judicial proceeding makes any false statement on oath concerning any matter which is material to the proceeding, knowing the statement to be false or not believing it to be true, is guilty of perjury. Sometimes justice moves very slowly

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Well I know a few on here have been very vocal about the police investigation and subsequent charging of JDB with rape. I was even perplexed with some of the decision making at the time between the Police and the DPP . Well I can now reveal that there had been a internal investigation after the matter did not proceed and an investigator has now been criminally charge under the provisions of the Crimes Act 1900, Section 327, Perjury. If the officer is found guilty the maximum penalty is 10 years imprisonment.

(1) Any person who in or in connection with any judicial proceeding makes any false statement on oath concerning any matter which is material to the proceeding, knowing the statement to be false or not believing it to be true, is guilty of perjury. Sometimes justice moves very slowly
That's good news. Has to be held accountable so this doesn't happen again.

Eric

Staff

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Wouldn't have happened under jodragon40 jodragon40's watch(y). Remember at the time they were in the midst of the "me too" hysteria in the US. A cop with an identity crisis was obviously after a big scalp.
Most definitely wouldn't have happened under my watch or in my unit. If you don't have honesty or integrity then you lose the confidence of the very people you are protecting.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
What's the hold-up re-signing JDB?
Apparently he rejected the clubs offer. Not sure what's going on with that. Did the club low-ball him or was it the length of the contract? I'd guess he wants 2 years but club is only offering 1. I don't know that is true. It's just a guess. Don't think club would be so disrespectful to lowball him.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Apparently he rejected the clubs offer. Not sure what's going on with that. Did the club low-ball him or was it the length of the contract? I'd guess he wants 2 years but club is only offering 1. I don't know that is true. It's just a guess. Don't think club would be so disrespectful to lowball him.
Flanno will explain to him, We can only afford to offer you $***** (a lowball offer) because we have to upgrade Kyle.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
My understanding is that they want to reduce the contract price. I think he was on $750k and Saints don't think he is worth more than $600k would that be about right?
It's that what you think or what you were told, because that's not even close to the figure.
Be interested in what members think JdB is worth for one year.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
It's that what you think or what you were told, because that's not even close to the figure.
If Luch is worth 750k, JDB will be 33 this year won't he? So 34 next year. He's still our best forward but no other club will want him at his age and his form might fall off a cliff rather quickly. I'd say 500k for next year and take it a year at a time. But not more than 2 more years.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
If Luch is worth 750k, JDB will be 33 this year won't he? So 34 next year. He's still our best forward but no other club will want him at his age and his form might fall off a cliff rather quickly. I'd say 500k for next year and take it a year at a time. But not more than 2 more years.
I think Su'a might be the best forward we have now. He and JDB carry the pack.
A club has to spend 95% of the cap. So several blokes in our team must be on overs. It's true JDB is coming to the end and due to his age is unlikely to get offers elsewhere but they should still pay him mostly based on his performance. I'd say that is about 750K but take about 100k off due to his age so 650K for me.

Eric

Staff
I hate to be the ##### but I've long campaigned for ruthlessness to get back on track. No sentimentality at all. I think he still has one more good year left and could be a good mentor to a lot of the young players coming through so don't want to push him out or to the ESL but want to pay him as little as possible. No offence. Have him be a defensive coach when his career is over.

350~400K.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Think he's worth $600k but I don't think the Dragons do, and 1 or 2 yr contract? Knowing our horrible recent retention record I wouldn't be surprised if the Dragons were offering him only a 1 yr contract worth no more than $500k probably $450k

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
If the best young forwards like Haas make about 1mil a year, JDB is worth 600 but take 100k off due to no other NRL club wanting him due to his age, so 500k.
Isn't he available for some kind of salary cap dispensation due to long service? Like only 50% of his salary counts under the cap.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Think he's worth $600k but I don't think the Dragons do, and 1 or 2 yr contract? Knowing our horrible recent retention record I wouldn't be surprised if the Dragons were offering him only a 1 yr contract worth no more than $500k probably $450k
If the best young forwards like Haas make about 1mil a year, JDB is worth 600 but take 100k off due to no other NRL club wanting him due to his age, so 500k.
Isn't he available for some kind of salary cap dispensation due to long service? Like only 50% of his salary counts under the cap.
Make that 3. 450~500k next year for 1 year. If he's still playing as he is now, no reason he can't stay on for 2026.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Only one member was close to the low offer.
I understand playing hardball so we have plenty in the cap, but it's wasted if no one signs with us.
Arguably our 3 best players this year
Lomax gone.
JdB gone
Su'A one foot out the door
Not even a hint of a new signing, Webb on the Pod saying we need to be patient, but how did that work out for this season.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Only one member was close to the low offer.
I understand playing hardball so we have plenty in the cap, but it's wasted if no one signs with us.
Arguably our 3 best players this year
Lomax gone.
JdB gone
Su'A one foot out the door
Not even a hint of a new signing, Webb on the Pod saying we need to be patient, but how did that work out for thus season.
Not very well in the last 3 seasons