JERSEY FLEGG

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I live in Gold Coast. He was highly regarded from juniors and into QLD Cup but has never kicked on in first grade.
A Dragons supporter in enemy territory.
Seems you have followed his progress from his early days in grade. Can you put a finger on why he has lost that natural ability. I was super impressed with his skill set as a junior. Perhaps a new club, a new environment may resurrect that skill, if not I see Boyd as a great loss to Aussie league.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
A Dragons supporter in enemy territory.
Seems you have followed his progress from his early days in grade. Can you put a finger on why he has lost that natural ability. I was super impressed with his skill set as a junior. Perhaps a new club, a new environment may resurrect that skill, if not I see Boyd as a great loss to Aussie league.
Haven't followed his progress. Just hear people talk and seem him play for GC a few times. Looks like a small Jack Bird. A jack of all trades, master of none. If he was bigger he could play in the forwards.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Our Flegg side surely will halt its recent slippery slide down the ladder when we take on the Victoria Thunderbolts on the weekend. We are currently within the 8 on 26 points.. they are well out of it on 16. Having hooker and skipper Sam Hooper return will lift us.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Our Flegg side surely will halt its recent slippery slide down the ladder when we take on the Victoria Thunderbolts on the weekend. We are currently within the 8 on 26 points.. they are well out of it on 16. Hooker and skipper Sam Hooper is back.
They are going to be a very serious premiership threat when all the players promoted to the NSW Cup go back to Flegg for the finals.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Not anymore after hearing about his last two games. Boyd and Brimson may just be the new halves combo kids on the block. By all accounts Boyd had a blinder at half against Manly. I'd like to confirm that after I take a gander at footage.
Lets see if he backs it up. Are you related to him?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Been wondering where
Lets see if he backs it up. Are you related to him?
Like I posted already in the Dragons v Titans thread, Brimson and Boyd did not show in their Manly match that they are a more able halves combo than Ben and Junior. One thing was certain the scoreline did not reflect the difference between the two imo.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Been wondering where

Like I posted already in the Dragons v Titans thread, Brimson and Boyd did not show in their Manly match dont that they are a more able halves combo than Ben and Junior. One thing was certain the scoreline did not reflect the difference between the two imo.
The ability between the 4 is probably pretty close but Hunt's salary is greater than the other 3 combined. Probably by some margin. Like, Hunt's salary may be almost as much as the other 3 combined and x 2.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
St George Illawarra Dragons

1. Callum Gromek 2. Alexander Lobb 3. Leonard Skelton 4. Ben Johnson 5. Cooper Roberts 6. Callum Perryman 7. Braxton Wallace 8. Bryce Magnone 9. Sam Hooper 10. Thomas Phillips 11. Hayden Budd 12. Jackson Shereb 13. Dallas Collins 14. Declan Purcell 15. Jacob Webster 16. Harley Sanchez 17. Phoenix Vetenibua-Finnerty

Flegg are back in a winning frame humiliating the Victoria Thunderbolts 50-10. That lineup tho is incorrect with new Development rookie Zac Herring returning. Seems whenever this kid plays we win. He picked up a pair of tries and no doubt several try assists as there were nine four pointers in all.

The Flegg ladder should now read Dragons 26 points, hopefully leapfrogging a couple of teams. A big chance now to finish in the top 5.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
For the worse imo. The old U20s was telecast. You were able to back up your opinions on a particular player as we all saw them at close quarters. These days lucky to see 2 mins of a Flegg game. So no chance to determine a player's ability with so little to go on. Today's league fan is treated shamefully by the NRL.
Agree

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

1. Callum Gromek 2. Alexander Lobb 3. Leonard Skelton 4. Ben Johnson 5. Cooper Roberts 6. Callum Perryman 7. Braxton Wallace 8. Bryce Magnone 9. Sam Hooper 10. Thomas Phillips 11. Hayden Budd 12. Jackson Shereb 13. Dallas Collins 14. Declan Purcell 15. Jacob Webster 16. Harley Sanchez 17. Phoenix Vetenibua-Finnerty

Flegg are back in a winning frame humiliating the Victoria Thunderbolts 50-10. That lineup tho is incorrect with Zac Herring returning. Seems whenever this kid plays we win. He picked a pair of tries and no doubt several try assists as there were nine four pointers in all.
Against very ordinary opposition

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

1. Treigh Stewart 2. Alexander Lobb 3. Leonard Skelton 4. Ben Johnson 5. Callum Gromek 6. Zach Herring 7. Braxton Wallace 8. Josh Coric 9. Sam Hooper 10. Thomas Phillips 11. Hayden Budd 12. Jackson Shereb 13. Dallas Collins 14. Declan Purcell 15. Harley Sanchez 16. Bryce Magnone 17. Toby Couchman

The possible nucleus of a future Dragons side in Herring, Coric, Hooper, Shereb, Lobb.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We have performed very well away from home 6-5. In fact better than our home record. Tigers beat us 24-10 back in Round 8. Not sure if we have played them since. They are secure in the top 5 so can afford a loss and are playing at home.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

1. Treigh Stewart 2. Alexander Lobb 3. Leonard Skelton 4. Ben Johnson 5. Callum Gromek 6. Zach Herring 7. Braxton Wallace 8. Josh Coric 9. Sam Hooper 10. Thomas Phillips 11. Hayden Budd 12. Jackson Shereb 13. Dallas Collins 14. Declan Purcell 15. Harley Sanchez 16. Bryce Magnone 17. Toby Couchman

The possible nucleus of a future Dragons side in Herring, Coric, Hooper, Shereb, Lobb.
Add Couchman and Stewart to that possible nucleus.

Even if Sullivan isn't what we hope, big wraps on Herring.