JERSEY FLEGG

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Just fell short. Good comeback after the woeful first half. A lot of talent in that team. Unfortunately I feel Shereb was disappointing. If the ball doesn't come to him, he needs to go looking for it. With another 10kg on him, Coachman will make an outstanding middle forward. Hooper is a must for the top 30 next year.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Season over. At least we did not lay down in the second half.

Our forwards need more go forward and second phase play skill, our middle defense, specially marker is below standard while the play makers need to get the ball wider more often. Plenty of things to work on in the off season.

Best was Sam Hooper by a country mile. Was in everything. Some of the best dummy half scooting I have seen since McIness. Worst Jackson Shereb. There must have been spiders on the ball as he did not want to touch it. He has the size to smash defenses and offload but at the moment needs a mentor to offer him some self belief. .

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Season over. At least we did not lay down in the second half.

Other than Couchman we lack any ball skill forwards, our middle defense, specially marker is below standard.

Best was Hooper by a country mile. Was in everything. Some of the best dummy half scooting I have seen since McIness. Worst Shereb. Get you hands on the ball son. You have the size to smash defenses and offload..
I hope Shereb isn't another Josh Kerr.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Didn't bother watching after last week's effort there is no way they could play like last week and even be competitive with the Panthers. What was the final score??

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Didn't bother watching after last week's effort there is no way they could play like last week and even be competitive with the Panthers. What was the final score??
The first half was an abomination. The second half was good but for playing catch up for the entire half. I mean, pushing passes which weren't on for the entire second half while when they held onto the ball, ran hard and built pressure, they dominated.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The first half was an abomination. The second half was good but for playing catch up for the entire half. I mean, pushing passes which weren't on for the entire second half while when they held onto the ball, ran hard and built pressure, they dominated.
Score?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I think a number of this team might make the top 30 or development deals next year. Couchman and Hooper are standouts. Wallace and Braxton (the halves) are talented but probably won't be ready for first grade until 2024.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I think a number of this team might make the top 30 or development deals next year. Couchman and Hooper are standouts. Wallace and Braxton (the halves) are talented but probably won't be ready for first grade until 2024.
Agree. Not sure what happened with the defence in the first half but a number of them looked very talented in the second half. I think the centre, Skelton, might make the top 30 next year. The other centre was also good but he's off to Redcliff.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Agree. Not sure what happened with the defence in the first half but a number of them looked very talented in the second half. I think the centre, Skelton, might make the top 30 next year. The other centre was also good but he's off to Redcliff.
But no props?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Not as bad as I thought.
Was 26 -8 at the break. Expect Willie Talau gave them a rocket in the sheds before their tea and scones, as they showed plenty of character to win the half. In the end it was a bridge too far.

The props are just tuck the pig skin under the wing types. Average metres per carry and not a single off load. Bench forwards other than Couchman have been nothing special either. :oops: Pity Josh Coric missed these two matches as he has some ball skills.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Was 26 -8 at the break. Expect Willie Talau gave them a rocket in the sheds before their tea and scones, as they showed plenty of character to win the half. In the end it was a bridge too far.

The props are just tuck the pig skin under the wing types. Average metres per carry and not a single off load. Bench forwards other than Couchman have been nothing special either. :oops: Pity Josh Coric missed these two matches as he has some ball skills.
What I feared so somehow we need to purchase a prop urgently