JERSEY FLEGG

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Wondering the same. Could have used his size and skill in our engine room. Not much impact from us to speak of. Shereb must have been injured too .. not seen in second half or did he just go to sleep. While Couchman looks a handy edge forward.
I thought Couchman looked good for a middle forward to be honest. Big, hard running, offloads but not particularly fast.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Anyone heard that our esteemed BOD was going to dump our Flegg side in '23. They have since had a change of mind, probably given we made the finals. If anything Flegg should hold the status of the old Holden Under 20 comp. More growth and development for our club comes from the Flegg ranks than from Ressies I dont mind betting.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff

Minor semi-final: St George Illawarra v Penrith Panthers​

1. Treigh Stewart
  2. Alexander Lobb
  3. Leonard Skelton
  4. Ben Johnson
  5. Callum Gromek
  6. Zach Herring
  7. Braxton Wallace
  8. Bryce Magnone
  9. Sam Hooper (c)
  10. Thomas Phillips
  11. Hayden Budd
  12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Dallas Collins
Interchange:
14. Declan Purcell
15. Nicholas Tsougranis
16. Jacob Webster
17. Toby Couchman
18. Riley Wooden
19. Aaron Johnson
20. Harley Sanchez

• No Josh Coric. What's going on with that? Must be injured.
  • The conditions last week weren't good for outside to show their stuff but especially both centres ran hard and were a handful. #4 is unfortunately leaving at the end of the season.
  • Sam Hooper has the making of a superstar hooker.
  • The half and 5/8 were also very impressive.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Minor semi-final: St George Illawarra v Penrith Panthers​

1. Treigh Stewart
  2. Alexander Lobb
  3. Leonard Skelton
  4. Ben Johnson
  5. Callum Gromek
  6. Zach Herring
  7. Braxton Wallace
  8. Bryce Magnone
  9. Sam Hooper (c)
  10. Thomas Phillips
  11. Hayden Budd
  12. Jackson Shereb
  13. Dallas Collins
Interchange:
14. Declan Purcell
15. Nicholas Tsougranis
16. Jacob Webster
17. Toby Couchman
18. Riley Wooden
19. Aaron Johnson
20. Harley Sanchez

• No Josh Coric. What's going on with that? Must be injured.
  • The conditions last week weren't good for outside to show their stuff but especially both centres ran hard and were a handful. #4 is unfortunately leaving at the end of the season.
  • Sam Hooper has the making of a superstar hooker.
  • The half and 5/8 were also very impressive.
Looking forward to this!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
St George Illawarra Dragons

1. Treigh Stewart 2. Alexander Lobb 3. Leonard Skelton 4. Ben Johnson 5. Callum Gromek 6. Zach Herring 7. Braxton Wallace 8. Bryce Magnone 9. Sam Hooper 10. Thomas Phillips 11. Hayden Budd 12. Jackson Shereb 13. Dallas Collins 14. Declan Purcell 15. Nicholas Tsougranis 16. Jacob Webster 17. Toby Couchman 18. Riley Wooden 19. Aaron Johnson 20. Harley Sanchez

Penrith Panthers

. Isaiah Iongi 2. Cody Lawson 3. Samuel Lane 4. William Fakatoumafi 5. Daeon Amituanai 6. Niwhai Puru 7. Keagan Russell-Smith 8. Mavrik Geyer 9. Ryley Smith 10. Bradley Fearnley 11. Zac Lipowicz 12. Ativalu Lisati 13. Hohepa Puru 14. Billy Scott 15. Ilai Tuia 16. Sunita Lotoaniu 17. Harry Hassett 18. Liam Ison 19. Jack Garrod 20. Aston Warwick 21. Mason Teague 22. Tyreece Tonga.

Both teams are equal on points 30 a piece. We have a superior Against but they have a far superior For. Telling me they base a lot of their game on attack. So our defensive line will want to be solid as a brick wall. It was not in the second half of last weeks game and it almost cost us. Again we will be at home which may work in our favor as we have an on par home record and better away record than them.

No Josh Coric. What's going on with that? Must be injured.
Odd. Why was he picked in Firsts extended squad last week if he was injured? As his replacement Magnone needs to step up as he went missing in attack last week. Shereb will start tho, after missing the final 40 last week. Shereb is a good sized back rower but overall I reckon our engine room plus bench men lack bulk. Betting they have plenty of big units. Hopefully we outdo them in pace and skill.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

1. Treigh Stewart 2. Alexander Lobb 3. Leonard Skelton 4. Ben Johnson 5. Callum Gromek 6. Zach Herring 7. Braxton Wallace 8. Bryce Magnone 9. Sam Hooper 10. Thomas Phillips 11. Hayden Budd 12. Jackson Shereb 13. Dallas Collins 14. Declan Purcell 15. Nicholas Tsougranis 16. Jacob Webster 17. Toby Couchman 18. Riley Wooden 19. Aaron Johnson 20. Harley Sanchez

Penrith Panthers

. Isaiah Iongi 2. Cody Lawson 3. Samuel Lane 4. William Fakatoumafi 5. Daeon Amituanai 6. Niwhai Puru 7. Keagan Russell-Smith 8. Mavrik Geyer 9. Ryley Smith 10. Bradley Fearnley 11. Zac Lipowicz 12. Ativalu Lisati 13. Hohepa Puru 14. Billy Scott 15. Ilai Tuia 16. Sunita Lotoaniu 17. Harry Hassett 18. Liam Ison 19. Jack Garrod 20. Aston Warwick 21. Mason Teague 22. Tyreece Tonga.

Both teams are equal on points 30 a piece. We have a superior Against but they have a far superior For. Telling me they base a lot of their game on attack. So our defensive line will want to be solid as a brick wall. It was not in the second half of last weeks game and it almost cost us. Again we will be at home which may work in our favor as we have an on par home record and better away record than them.

Odd. Why was he picked in Firsts extended squad last week if he was injured? As his replacement Magnone needs to step up as he went missing in attack last week. Shereb will start tho, after missing the final 40 last week. Shereb is a good sized back rower but overall I reckon our engine room lacks bulk. Betting they have plenty of big units in theirs. Hopefully we outdo them in pace and skill.
Coric is a big loss. Surely no way he's been dropped. Was in and out of NSW Cup and ended up in the extended reserves for first grade. But Surely he is still eligible for Flegg.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Penrith Panthers

Odd. Why was he picked in Firsts extended squad last week if he was injured? As his replacement Magnone needs to step up as he went missing in attack last week. Shereb will start tho, after missing the final 40 last week. Shereb is a good sized back rower but overall I reckon our engine room plus bench men lack bulk. Betting they have plenty of big units. Hopefully we outdo them in pace and skill.
Last 10min last week was a complete shambles. Impressive 60min before that.

I can't remember all the names but for me Shereb in the first half and Couchman in the second were impressive.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Penrith Panthers

BTW, when is this game being played?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

Do or die for the Dragons today. We go in with the same 17 as last week. I am still having the heebie jeebies after our last 10 mins. This time we have to keep the intensity at fever pitch for the entire 70 mins.

Lets hope the live match connection is better today. Missed the first 8 mins last week.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Slick work by Herring has us in too. Where are Wallace and Hooper. Purcell is the starting hooker., Stewart first receiver.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Slick work by Herring has us in too. Where is Wallace and Hooper. Purcell is the starting hooker., Stewart first receiver.

Sorry to say.. this is a weak defensive side. I can see a hammering for us.
If one looks at Hooper and Purcell, what the hell inspires the club to sign a Tiger's reject hooker????

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Damn this! I understand they don't want to give away penalties or 6 again but they don't have to get off the tackled player as fast as humanly possible!