Lomax.

Red T

SGI Junior League
As we know Lomax is released from the last two years of his contract. I am okay with it because he should never have been given that contract in the first place. Apparently he is negotiating with Parramatta—but will have to take a pay cut. He might get a three or four year contract and they might negotiate a higher pay but it will not be as much as his current contract with St George.

My question is this. If the negotiations with Parramatta fall through or the offer is short of expectations can Lomax backflip and say he has decided to honour his contact with St George after all ?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
As we know Lomax is released from the last two years of his contract. I am okay with it because he should never have been given that contract in the first place. Apparently he is negotiating with Parramatta—but will have to take a pay cut. He might get a three or four year contract and they might negotiate a higher pay but it will not be as much as his current contract with St George.

My question is this. If the negotiations with Parramatta fall through or the offer is short of expectations can Lomax backflip and say he has decided to honour his contact with St George after all ?
Wondering the same. Given permission to look around but not released. But I think he and Flanno don't like each other.

Red T

SGI Junior League
He looks set to sign for five years for Parramatta. He is taking a pay cut but still getting 600K plus a year. Players do not usually take pay cuts though but Lomax is getting a four or five year deal..

Red T

SGI Junior League
The Marty John’s show showed a picture of a crowd—-and they start wildly cheering when they hear Zac Lomax was leaving St George. Funny !

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
The Marty John’s show showed a picture of a crowd—-and they start wildly cheering when they hear Zac Lomax was leaving St George. Funny !
I saw that too which was strange because most of the Dragons fans I know, quite a few, are very unhappy about it.

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
If you go to the Matty Johns Show or any show, they normally have a "Hype" Man who's job is to get the crowd cheering/screaming/clapping etc, the crowd is told before shooting starts to clap/scream etc when he points to them, majority just scream without even knowing what was just said.

Red T

SGI Junior League
Also, even though Lomax has been inconsistent—-both general play and goalkicking—it is hard to fathom why Bird was selected at centre ahead of Lomax. There must be some conflict between him and Flanno. But Flanno probably is eying his salary cap space to build his team. But should he be assured of coaching the team if they go really badly for the rest of the year ? Bennett is apparently available….

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Also, even though Lomax has been inconsistent—-both general play and goalkicking—it is hard to fathom why Bird was selected at centre ahead of Lomax. There must be some conflict between him and Flanno. But Flanno probably is eying his salary cap space to build his team. But should he be assured of coaching the team if they go really badly for the rest of the year ? Bennett is apparently available….
Exactly how I feel about Lomax. Not that disappointed he's going, just astonished Flanno sees Bird and Suli as better centres than Lomax. As you say, I think there are some personal issues between Flanno and Zac.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

LOMAX ENTERS ORIGIN CONVERSATION AFTER RED-HOT START TO SEASON

Zac Lomax is playing exceptionally well for a guy that doesn’t want to be a winger. In fact he’s been in such good form his name is starting to be included in State of Origin conversations. Lomax was once touted as a future Origin star but has struggled in recent seasons to meet expectations.

New Dragons coach Shane Flanagan has moved him to the — much to Lomax’s displeasure — and it’s brought out the best in the 24-year-old. Lomax has scored five tries in six games this season and is averaging 168 running metres per game. In just six games he has already recorded more offloads and linebreaks than what he did in 20 games last season.

But the wing is not where Lomax wants to be. He sees himself as a centre, which is why he has been granted a release from the remaining two years of his contract to go elsewhere. Speculation on his future has surrounded Lomax, who will reportedly sign with the Eels, for the first six weeks of the season but it hasn’t impacted him on the field at all and he was once again one of the Dragons’ best on the weekend.

I'm not fooled. Zac is a hard worker and that's why he has a lot of run metres every week. And he could take those bombs whether he is playing centre or wing. Right now one of the best parts of his game, his passing, is non-existent.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Lomax clearly wants out and has got his way - but the Dragons need to sit him down, show some leadership in the front office and work out a way to make him happy and stay. Lomax is a marquee player so it's plain dumb to let him walk away next season. A smart club would never allow this situation to occur.
(the Mole)

So nothing has been set in cement as yet. Show some balls BOD as Zac is in career best form.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

I'm not fooled. Zac is a hard worker and that's why he has a lot of run metres every week. And he could take those bombs whether he is playing centre or wing. Right now one of the best parts of his game, his passing, is non-existent.
Was not when he threw that miracle flick pass game before last yo gift the sook a try. Ditto yesterday after he took that screamer of a bomb. Lomax has always attempted the impossible pass, is what made him so tricky to contain and gave him a reputation as someone out of the ordinary..

Eric

Staff
Was not when he threw that miracle flick pass game before last yo gift the sook a try. Ditto yesterday after he took that screamer of a bomb. Lomax has always attempted the impossible pass, is what made him so tricky to contain and gave him a reputation as someone out of the ordinary..
Sometimes he took his tricky passes too far and under the 1980s reserve grade coach Griffin he was clearly down on confidence and form. But after Hook was hooked, he was our best last year as well along with JDB.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Unfortunately for all concerned, Zac has played the best football of his career in the months since being dropped, which suggests that Griffin had half an idea of how he would get the best out of him. Too little, too late. Probably when Lomax decided that he wanted out. What's worse is that he has gone to another level playing on the wing, which has again proved the coach right.

I like him as a player and hope that he continues his form with us this season and makes it to the Origin team, but if he wants to be elite, he needs to find his own motivation or else he will slide once things get comfortable again.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Ok let's forget about which club this player is in. These are that players stat's this season so far:

Tries - 5 - equal 2nd on that tally ladder
Points - 50 - 3rd
All Runs - 1st
All Run Metres - 1,125m, avg 187.5m per game - 5th
Line Breaks - 5 - equal 12th
Offloads - 11 - equal 6th

And you let that player walk out the door? There just has to be more to this sorry saga because who is going to replace a player of that quality?

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ok let's forget about which club this player is in. These are that players stat's this season so far:

Tries - 5 - equal 2nd on that tally ladder
Points - 50 - 3rd
All Runs - 1st
All Run Metres - 1,125m, avg 187.5m per game - 5th
Line Breaks - 5 - equal 12th
Offloads - 11 - equal 6th

And you let that player walk out the door? There just has to be more to this sorry saga because who is going to replace a player of that quality?
Agreed, not happy at all that he is going and would find any way possible to keep him. Definitely wrong-headed to let him negotiate a release if there are no underlying issues.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
What I have been saying all along. My take is Zac and coach have had a falling out. So as the coach has just arrived and with hi hopes for the club, the other party in this saga, had to be the one to go. Zac is the scapegoat.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Unfortunately for all concerned, Zac has played the best football of his career in the months since being dropped, which suggests that Griffin had half an idea of how he would get the best out of him. Too little, too late. Probably when Lomax decided that he wanted out. What's worse is that he has gone to another level playing on the wing, which has again proved the coach right.

I like him as a player and hope that he continues his form with us this season and makes it to the Origin team, but if he wants to be elite, he needs to find his own motivation or else he will slide once things get comfortable again.
The problem with this is that Zac was scapegoated. How many bad games did Bird play? Or maybe, can we ask how many times he didn't have a bad game. How about his old Broncos buddies Macca and McGuire. Stinking it up every week but never dropped.

Red T

SGI Junior League
Bird is out this week with concussion so Lomax probably plays centre right ? Let’s see ! I did also notice yesterday that with his kicking when it was from the sideline he was trying to swing it back in whereas before he hit them flat with not much swing.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Bird is out this week with concussion so Lomax probably plays centre right ? Let’s see ! I did also notice yesterday that with his kicking when it was from the sideline he was trying to swing it back in whereas before he hit them flat with not much swing.
I noticed what looked like a new kicking style as well.

It'll be interesting to see what he does if Bird is out. I think the club is contesting it.