NRLW 2024 news

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
Should have grabbed Steve Georgallis, has transformed Parra, we need someone else, soo much talent, will be wasted..

Eric

Staff
Just in case anyone forgot about this, the Shonkies flogged the Dragons in NRLW yesterday. It's very obvious this team is going nowhere except to the foot of the table as long as Sowie is the coach.

Eric

Staff
How long as they going to stick with Sowie? I'm sorry he's been such a failure as a coach in the NRLW. He was one of my favourite players. But it is what it is. He has to go and there is no reason for the club to prolong the pain. It will just make it worse when they are forced to swing the axe. They could do it quietly now and it'd be out f the news in 2 or 3 days.

Anyway, team list vs Eels on Saturday morning:

DRAGONS ROUND 6 TEAM LIST​

1. Teagan Berry – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
2. Maatuleio Fotu-Moala – sponsored by HWLE
3. Keele Browne – sponsored by Security Mick
4. Bobbi Law – sponsored by Gearbox
5. Alice Gregory – sponsored by Carlton & United Breweries
6. Kasey Reh – sponsored by SMAI
7. Raecene McGregor (c) – sponsored by TripADeal
8. Angelina Teakaraanga-Katoa – sponsored by St George Bank
9. Zali Hopkins – sponsored by CHiQ
10. Madison Mulhall – sponsored by CBC
11. Shenai Lendill – sponsored by Squadron Energy
12. Ella Koster – sponsored by HSE Global
13. Alexis Tauaneai – sponsored by Classic

Interchange​

14. Sophie Clancy – sponsored by Coca-Cola
15. Tayla Curtis – sponsored by Tynan Motors
16. Jamilee Bright – sponsored by Deicorp
17. Steph Hancock – sponsored by EFEX

Eric

Staff
While everyone was watching Jersey Flegg play touch football again, the NRLW side gave the Eels a touch up. I think coming into the season, the Eels were highly regarded.

Probably won't be enough to secure a semis birth and Sowie still has to go.

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
Read on another forum that Alexis Tauaneai, Angelina Teakaraanga-Katoa have signed with the Bulldogs as of next year, if so they're big losses, disappointing to say the least if that is correct, are you able to confirm Just a Mug Fan Just a Mug Fan

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons axe head coach Jamie Soward​

St George Illawarra have shown NRLW coach and club premiership winner Jamie Soward the door in a shock mid-season move.​

St George Illawarra have shown NRLW coach Jamie Soward the door in a shock move midway through the season. The former NSW Origin halfback was told on Monday by club CEO Ryan Webb he was not required beyond the end of the 2024 season.

The 2010 premiership winner has been given the option to continue coaching through the final three weeks of this year, however, it’s a difficult environment to return to. It’s unknown if he will see out the season.

Soward took to social media on Monday to express his disappointment over the decision “Guess it’s not meant to be. All good. Keep it movin,” Soward said on X, formerly Twitter. Soward joined the club as NRLW head coach in 2021, and extended his time in the role for a further two seasons early last year.

Looks like he's accepting it gracefully.

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg

Dragons axe head coach Jamie Soward​

St George Illawarra have shown NRLW coach and club premiership winner Jamie Soward the door in a shock mid-season move.​

St George Illawarra have shown NRLW coach Jamie Soward the door in a shock move midway through the season. The former NSW Origin halfback was told on Monday by club CEO Ryan Webb he was not required beyond the end of the 2024 season.

The 2010 premiership winner has been given the option to continue coaching through the final three weeks of this year, however, it’s a difficult environment to return to. It’s unknown if he will see out the season.

Soward took to social media on Monday to express his disappointment over the decision “Guess it’s not meant to be. All good. Keep it movin,” Soward said on X, formerly Twitter. Soward joined the club as NRLW head coach in 2021, and extended his time in the role for a further two seasons early last year.

Looks like he's accepting it gracefully.
Wonder if the loss of the two forwards was the final straw

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
i dont think the fans or media have put together the reason for the continual player turnover.. but atleast the bandaid has been pulled now.. hopefully they can find someone everyone is happy with.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
i dont think the fans or media have put together the reason for the continual player turnover.. but atleast the bandaid has been pulled now.. hopefully they can find someone everyone is happy with.

I'm a casual watcher of NRLW & I assume a few people are in the same boat, so they'd just see Sowie promoting the dragons on social media rather than paying attention to the results & player turnovers.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
I'm a casual watcher of NRLW & I assume a few people are in the same boat, so they'd just see Sowie promoting the dragons on social media rather than paying attention to the results & player turnovers.
I don't have a lot of bandwidth left to follow the NRLW, but one of the big reasons for it.. was I don't recognise the players.. the ones I liked kept moving on.. but tbh if it wasn't for league forums I wouldn't have put 2&2 together why they were leaving.. or that it was happening more here than @ other clubs.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Would it be out of line to recommend one Mr de Belin for the position once he finishes up his playing career?

Eric

Staff

DRAGONS ROUND 7 TEAM LIST​

1. Teagan Berry – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
  2. Maatuleio Fotu-Moala – sponsored by HWLE
  3. Keele Browne – sponsored by Security Mick
  4. Bobbi Law – sponsored by Deicorp
  5. Alice Gregory – sponsored by Carlton & United Breweries
  6. Kasey Reh – sponsored by EFEX
  7. Raecene McGregor (c) – sponsored by TripADeal
  8. Angelina Teakaraanga-Katoa – sponsored by St George Bank
  9. Zali Hopkins – sponsored by SMAI
  10. Madison Mulhall – sponsored by CBC
  11. Shenai Lendill – sponsored by Gearbox
  12. Ella Koster – sponsored by HSE Global
  13. Alexis Tauaneai – sponsored by Classic

Interchange​

14. Sophie Clancy – sponsored by Coca-Cola
  15. Charlotte Basham – sponsored by CHiQ
  16. Jamilee Bright – sponsored by Squadron Energy
  17. Steph Hancock – sponsored by Tynan Motors

Reserves​

18. Tayla Curtis
  19. Kaarla Cowan
  20. Kimberley Hunt
  21. Jordyn Preston
  22. Bronte Wilson

Eric

Staff
16-16 at halftime. Looks like Dragons are starting to get over the top of what looks like a much bigger Canberra team.