NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg, 2024

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Thought MMolo was hit before the pass got to him.. that decision has led to yet another length of the field try for penrith.

We are so tired though.. like we arent really threatening to score a try unless they fall off a tackle.. its super muddy btw but were the only one coughing balls up.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Amother capitulation. This is tendency is running through the club from Flagg to first grade. It's like they just give up.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
This mob have the Flegg and Firsts disease, poor last 20 of games. Lack of consistency permeates thru this club, due to poor recruitment and coaching.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Amother capitulation. This is tendency is running through the club from Flagg to first grade. It's like they just give up.
tbf its the defence in the 1st half.. the ref and us and maybe a little bad luck too.. it sapped us and we had heaps of opportunities in the 2nd half but no energy to capitilise.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Feel a bit sorry for Fifita.. he will probably cop a suspension.. hes been a lot better lately in a little bit more minutes.. not sure if hes playing for a contract or just getting fitter.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Really if 1 or 2 moments had of gone differently we win today, it was almost a storm of possible things that could go wrong and did go wrong..

Even having someone to support Hamish Stewart in those last 5 mins as we attacked their line.. the only guy with fresh legs who was able to easily put his head thru.. just dead legs from the epic defence.. and the panthers defence was too good to let simple tries thru in the 2nd half..

Anyway it is what it is.. lets hope we can get a lead tomorrow.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Really if 1 or 2 moments had of gone differently we win today, it was almost a storm of possible things that could go wrong and did go wrong..

Even having someone to support Hamish Stewart in those last 5 mins as we attacked their line.. the only guy with fresh legs who was able to easily put his head thru.. just dead legs from the epic defence.. and the panthers defence was too good to let simple tries thru in the 2nd half..

Anyway it is what it is.. lets hope we can get a lead tomorrow.
6 tries to 4 and no tries after Sloan scored in the 45th min tells the tale too much defence in that first stanza cost us at the tail end but Panthers showed grit after being jumped early by us and have the 2 points. I just can't see any difference tomorrow unfortunately but you never know full house may help but that club is just so professional.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
24-10 up you need someone to control the game from there. No one among Glover, Marshke, King-Togia or Mule able to do that. Prob next year with Quinn and Ward moving up.

Last edited:

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
6 tries to 4 and no tries after Sloan scored in the 45th min tells the tale too much defence in that first stanza cost us at the tail end but Panthers showed grit after being jumped early by us and have the 2 points. I just can't see any difference tomorrow unfortunately but you never know full house may help but that club is just so professional.
Yep they basically shut our attack down in the 2nd half, we had the ball over and over again on their line.. tbf we did well with field position.. and tbf I think if we werent as gassed we would have had blokes supporting and would have put them away.. but even though LKT looked good and the forwards looked good running in attack.. it wasnt enough to convert anything into points... we ended up a lot of times reverting to a Glover bomb or praying Rava could do something individual..... Whats worse is most times that failed attack led to Penrith getting a loose ball in space and running the length or atleast getting us struggling to get back on side, 180 degree momentum turn arounds all 2nd half.. tis cruel!

And yes tomorrow I think we will also struggle to score especially in the 2nd half, our best chance is that big early lead though.. lets hope we score first and get our confidence up.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Sione seems stronger now.. like he gets an extra PCM quite often when I think hes going to be stopped dead.. and hes ok in the air and hes fast enough.. like I dunno if hes a longterm 1st grader but he seems as likely as any other young candidate and hes done his cup apprentiship. I think its possible hes Lomaxes replacement next year.

The reason I really wanted him to get some 1st grade this year though.. rival clubs can poach him from November 1st.. I know the Storm wanted him last time.. im not sure what were gonna do with him.. but now that he cant prove his worth any further.. maybe we will come up with an extension early? If hes happy here that is... Williams and Kirk are still babies.. like without Tamale/Ravalawa.. SFinau is either a starting winger or hes atleast 1st (and only) drop apart from I spose Allan.. but it seems a smaller pool next year.