Other clubs in 2022

Eric

Staff

Buzz: Trent Barrett at threat of being NRL first coach sacked in 2022

Speculation around Trent Barrett’s future won’t go away. A horrific draw to start the season won’t help, but the concerns go deeper.

Trent Barrett’s teams have run 15th and 16th in his last two years of NRL coaching. That includes 38 losses from his last 48 games for a hopeless 20 per cent win record. At Manly he even had Origin stars Daly Cherry Evans, Tom and Jake Trbojevic, Api Koroisau and internationals Marty Taupau and Addin Fonua-Blake but still finished 15th. This is why speculation around Barrett being first NRL coach sacked won’t go away. Especially after last week’s 36-6 loss to the Sharks, albeit just a trial game. The betting market suggests he is favourite to be first coach sacked ahead of the Wests Tigers’ Michael Maguire.

Most are suggesting he has six weeks to survive. Other coaches have been sacked earlier in the season than this. Souths axed Craig Coleman on the eve of the 2003 season after a 58-12 flogging by the Wests Tigers in a trial match. The year before the Cowboys sacked Murray Hurst as coach after just three rounds. Gould did not reply to a text message on Friday to discuss the situation.

It’s a delicate matter because both Gould and Barrett are managed by Wayne Beavis. However there is already talk of restlessness around the playing group at Belmore. This will be denied but new players are surprised the Bulldogs’ off-season has been nothing like what they have been used to at their old clubs. Barrett has a reasonable start with an away game against the Cowboys and then the Broncos at home. Then it’s Manly, Storm, the Panthers and the Rabbitohs.

While Barrett didn’t have the roster last year to be in a position to challenge for the semi-finals, there are no excuses this season with the addition of Josh Addo Carr, Tavita Pangai Jr, Matt Burton, Brent Naden, Matt Dufty and Paul Vaughan. Whether he gets enough time to mould them into a contender is the million-dollar question.

Personally I hope they lose to North Queensland and Broncos and then go 0-4 against the more fancied teams. I used to be a big fan of Barrett but no room for sentimentality. I hope Nathan Brown fails too. It'd be great to get him back in Shane Flanagan's position if Flanagan gets the role of a head coach somewhere. Just as long as both he and Barrett don't find success at other clubs, I wish them all the best.

Ryles, Brown, Young, Barrett, Hornby. A lot of our ex players are doing well at other clubs. Or, doing well financially, not so much with success except for Hornby. What are Gaz and Coops doing these days? Last I heard Coops had his MMA gym and Gaz was employed as a commentator. How about Bull Bailey?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Buzz: Trent Barrett at threat of being NRL first coach sacked in 2022

Speculation around Trent Barrett’s future won’t go away. A horrific draw to start the season won’t help, but the concerns go deeper.

Trent Barrett’s teams have run 15th and 16th in his last two years of NRL coaching. That includes 38 losses from his last 48 games for a hopeless 20 per cent win record. At Manly he even had Origin stars Daly Cherry Evans, Tom and Jake Trbojevic, Api Koroisau and internationals Marty Taupau and Addin Fonua-Blake but still finished 15th. This is why speculation around Barrett being first NRL coach sacked won’t go away. Especially after last week’s 36-6 loss to the Sharks, albeit just a trial game. The betting market suggests he is favourite to be first coach sacked ahead of the Wests Tigers’ Michael Maguire.

Most are suggesting he has six weeks to survive. Other coaches have been sacked earlier in the season than this. Souths axed Craig Coleman on the eve of the 2003 season after a 58-12 flogging by the Wests Tigers in a trial match. The year before the Cowboys sacked Murray Hurst as coach after just three rounds. Gould did not reply to a text message on Friday to discuss the situation.

It’s a delicate matter because both Gould and Barrett are managed by Wayne Beavis. However there is already talk of restlessness around the playing group at Belmore. This will be denied but new players are surprised the Bulldogs’ off-season has been nothing like what they have been used to at their old clubs. Barrett has a reasonable start with an away game against the Cowboys and then the Broncos at home. Then it’s Manly, Storm, the Panthers and the Rabbitohs.

While Barrett didn’t have the roster last year to be in a position to challenge for the semi-finals, there are no excuses this season with the addition of Josh Addo Carr, Tavita Pangai Jr, Matt Burton, Brent Naden, Matt Dufty and Paul Vaughan. Whether he gets enough time to mould them into a contender is the million-dollar question.

Personally I hope they lose to North Queensland and Broncos and then go 0-4 against the more fancied teams. I used to be a big fan of Barrett but no room for sentimentality. I hope Nathan Brown fails too. It'd be great to get him back in Shane Flanagan's position if Flanagan gets the role of a head coach somewhere. Just as long as both he and Barrett don't find success at other clubs, I wish them all the best.

Ryles, Brown, Young, Barrett, Hornby. A lot of our ex players are doing well at other clubs. Or, doing well financially, not so much with success except for Hornby. What are Gaz and Coops doing these days? Last I heard Coops had his MMA gym and Gaz was employed as a commentator. How about Bull Bailey?
Bye bye Trent. Been a long time since he wore our colours.

Coops had a problem with pain killers. Not sure how serious. Since that, he's kept a lower profile. Think he's still into instagram.

Eric

Staff
It appears Barrett may be another of those who make excellent assistant coaches but not more than that.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Why do I post this? Well, it's to do with Jack de Belin. Firstly, the media circus influences the judiciary. They had a verbal exchange at 2am? Is this news?
Secondly, if he is found innocent, there needs to be an investigation into rape claims against prominent NRL players. I don't mean to suggest the JDB situation was a conspiracy but it very well could happen.

It's a real conundrum. Can't punish the women if the man is found not guilty because it will discourage the reporting of such incidents. But in the current climate, if the woman makes the accusation, the man is automatically charged even if the evidence is absolutely flimsy or non existent. In Jack de Belin's case it came down to her word against 3 males. The two involved and the third witness.

Jarryd Hayne and former Eels teammate Nathan Brown involved in late-night pub incident​

Mere weeks after being released from prison, Jarryd Hayne and a current Eels player have been involved in an alleged ugly incident outside a Parramatta pub.​

Jarryd Hayne and Parramatta Eels player Nathan Brown have been involved in an ugly incident outside a Parramatta hotel in the early hours of Sunday morning. Around 2am the pair had a heated verbal exchange on the footpath outside the Albion Hotel with a road worker who allegedly called out a disparaging comment to Hayne.

Hayne will face a third trial on sexual assault allegations after recently being released from jail after nine months when his conviction was quashed in the Supreme Court. Brown had played reserve grade earlier in the day before meeting Hayne at the hotel for dinner with their partners.

An Eels official says Brown denied earlier reports of a physical altercation. “There was definitely no physical violence,” said an Eels source. “Jarryd got hassled by a road worker and Nathan stood up for his friend.” The Eels insist they will investigate further if witnesses come forward. A police spokesman said there had been no reports of an incident outside the hotel.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
IMO Melbourne are lying. They aren't in any kind of "crisis". Welch is a big loss. No doubt but season ending injuries happen and that's why clubs have extended squads.

How Bellamy can solve Storm’s worst injury crisis in years​

Melbourne Storm are enduring their worst injury crisis in years and it has compounded the loss of several stars over the off-season - but there are solutions. The Storm suffered a horror night of injuries in Round 1 against the Tigers over the weekend and coach Craig Bellamy is now without some of his most reliable players.

He’ll get an early look at life without Brandon Smith over the next four-to-six weeks as the star Kiwi recovers from a fractured hand. Smith will join the Roosters next season and NRL great Mick Ennis has urged Bellamy to immediately sign Dragons star Tariq Sims to help cover the loss of Smith in the short and long term.

Bellamy must also replace skipper Christian Welch (achilles) and winger George Jennings (ACL), who he lost to season-ending injuries on Saturday night. Melbourne are known for their depth but they’ll feel the loss of the dynamic trio whose omissions Bellamy admits “kills us” as he prepares his side to face the Rabbitohs this Saturday.

Harry Grant (suspension) returns and will replace Smith at hooker but the latter was expected to play lock this season after Dale Finucane left for Sharks over the summer. Storm forward Tui Kamikamica would have slotted into lock but he’s currently unavailable under the NRL’s no-fault stand down policy.

The other options are Josh King - who started at lock against the Tigers - and youngster Alec McDonald who debuted in the same game. But Ennis emphasised the loss of Smith in the No. 13 jersey cannot be understated. “We look at how important Brandon Smith is to that footy team in terms of the relentless energy that he brings,” Ennis told foxsports.

Eric

Staff
Every NRL player is encouraged to think about life after football, and South Sydney flyer Alex Johnston is no different. The winger and dux of his old high school wants to become an author. Johnston took advantage of the Covid lockdowns in recent years to pen a children’s book and also create a rugby league board game.

Both are near completion and the Rabbitohs try scoring machine is now looking to secure a publisher to finish his project. “Lockdown wasn’t much fun for anyone but I didn’t want to sit around doing nothing,” he said. “The book is Indigenous-themed and tells the story of several characters who come together to form a footy team.

“There’s a goanna, a crocodile and kangaroo involved and everyone I’ve shown it to thinks it’s great. “Hopefully a publisher will get behind both projects as I’d love to see them come to fruition.” Johnston’s writing talent comes as no surprise. He was dux of Endeavour Sports High and he is also well known for his hilarious posts on TikTok, where he has had more than five million views.

A Souths player who isn't a moron. Who'd a guessed?

Eric

Staff

Taumalolo’s manager confirms mass-interest in star from rival​

Jason Taumalolo has inquiries over the past 10-days as rumours swell over his relationship with Cowboys head coach​

Up to six NRL clubs have begun circling Cowboys enforcer Jason Taumalolo. The clubs willing to prize the under-used superstar includes at least two Sydney teams and two interstate teams. Wayne Bennett‘s Dolphins are also on the public record with a desire to sign the $10 million man.

The revelation will rock the Cowboys who are trying desperately to expel any suggestion the club‘s greatest investment in their history is unhappy and wants out of Townsville.

We can reveal the Kiwi and Tongan International‘s management team have fielded a multitude of inquiries over the past 10-days from rival clubs amid a maelstrom of conjecture surrounding Taumalolo’s relationship with Cowboys head coach Todd Payten.

“Wherever he does go - and he’s going to have to go soon, because you can’t drag things on like this - he’s going to be valuable,’’ former Test winger Jharal Yow Yeh said this week. “I don’t know where he goes or what he gets paid, but I think Jase needs to remember why he started playing the game as well. “It’s not always for the money. I think if they (Cowboys and Taumalolo) make an agreement, they’ll be better off for it.’’

Fox League‘s Matty Johns added on Friday night: “You just know there is something wrong, you just know there’s something amiss.” Taumalolo, 28, is heading into his fifth year of his massive 10-year $10 million contract in North Queensland. Once regarded as the no.1 forward in the game, Taumalolo‘s form has nose-dived due to a rapid decline in playing-time under Payten. His agent Chris Orr confirmed a slew of clubs had made overtures in his star client.

“There have been five or six clubs ringing me instantly asking if he‘s available because of the speculation,’’ Orr said. “But Jason has given me no indication he wants out. “If he went onto the open market tomorrow, I would have all 16 clubs chasing them. “To suggest he is past it, is ridiculous. He is only 28, he has another five years in the game easily and he is still one of the best forwards in the game.

“I’ve had the conversation with my client in the last few days and Jason is not unhappy. “I’m not sure where this constant talk is coming from, but it’s not the case that Jason and the coach don’t see eye to eye. “It was his first game back on the weekend after injury in the pre-season and he said he was out of breath at times. He is still getting back to full fitness, but he said he can‘t wait to get on the field this year.

“Last year was so disruptive for him. He had three broken hands, a busted rib, he then got a slight hammy tear in the trials so he just needs to get some continuity in his game. “People say the contract isn‘t working out at the Cowboys ... do people realise North Queensland have no interest in releasing him?’’

The Wests Tigers would be one club that could use Taumalolo‘s go-forward and leadership while Newcastle have a strong connection to the tearaway forward with their head of recruitment Clint Zammit signing him to the Cowboys when he was 13. Last week, Cowboys coach Todd Payten opened up to News Corp about his relationship with Taumalolo after Broncos legend Corey Parker called for North Queensland to sever ties with the 2016 Dally M champion.

“I can tell you now, we won’t be releasing Jase,” Payten said.“People have to understand Jason had to start the season over four times last year. He broke his hand three times and had a two-week suspension, so it was frustrating for him. “Jase‘s minutes were not cut that dramatically last year, but all rugby league players play their best when they have continuity from a week-to-week point of view.’’

WHICH CLUBS CAN AFFORD TO SIGN JT?

BRONCOS

No. The Broncos have outlaid big bucks to sign Adam Reynolds and Kurt Capewell and retain Kotoni Staggs. They have their own version of Taumalolo in 118kg wrecking ball Payne Haas.

SHARKS
No. Flush with middle forwards for 2023, including Dale Finucane, Cam McInnes, Toby Rudolf and Oregon Kaufusi. Jack Williams and Braden Uele are also in negotiations to re-sign.

TITANS
No. Gold Coast’s strength is their pack. They are flush with middle forwards, including Maroons prop Mo Fotuaika, and forked out millions to keep fellow Queensland Origin hulk Tino Fa’asuamaleaui on a long-term deal.

PANTHERS
No. Premierships cruel your salary cap and the Panthers have to try and re-sign big guns Stephen Crichton, Liam Martin, and Brian To’o before the end of 2023.

DRAGONS
Maybe. They would need to swap or move a significant player from their cap. However, coach Anthony Griffin is a believer that you can never have too many quality forwards.

SEA EAGLES
Yes. Manly are about to have money to spend with Marty Taupau ($850,000) and Kieran Foran ($650,000) off contract and Dylan Walker (Warriors) leaving.

ROOSTERS
Maybe. Edging closer towards needing a new enforcer in their pack with Siosiua Taukeiaho headed for Catalans next year and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves off-contract at the end of 2023.

EELS
No. Already paying big money towards their pack with Junior Paulo, Nathan Brown and Regan Campbell-Gillard, not to mention the cap space taken by Mitchell Moses, Clint Gutherson, Dylan Brown and Maika Sivo.

TIGERS
Yes, in desperate need of a leader in their pack. Co-captain James Tamou will finish up at the club this year, while Luciano Leilua (Cowboys) and Kelma Tuilagi (Sea Eagles) are also leaving.

RAIDERS
No. Would need the Cowboys to chip-in significantly and have nine players off-contract before the end of 2023, including key figures Joe Tapine, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstaad and Jordan Rapana.

RABBITOHS
No. Not when you already have Damien Cook, Latrell Mitchell, Cameron Murray, Cody Walker, Campbell Graham and Keaon Koloamatangi in your salary cap.

STORM
No. Melbourne‘s only focus is re-signing big guns Cameron Munster, Jarome Hughes and Harry Grant.

BULLDOGS

Maybe. Given the pressure on the Dogs for success, it would be crazy to rule Cantebury out. Would the Cowboys be interested in swapping Luke Thompson for Taumalolo?

DOLPHINS
Yes. Wayne Bennett has gone public with his interest in signing Taumalolo, if he becomes available.

KNIGHTS
Yes. Because Clint Zammit, the man who discovered Taumalolo, is now working as the head of recruitment at the Knights. Alot would depend on if Kalyn Ponga decides to re-sign.

WARRIORS
Yes. In need of leadership in their pack and have Matt Lodge, Bunty Afoa and Ben Murdoch-Masila off-contract at the end of 2023.

Good player. Obviously but we have JDB for the next 2 years after this so unless the Cowboys are paying at least 50% of his salary for the next 2 years (after this year), we don't need him. If Cowboys were paying a parge part of his salary, JDB to prop could work.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

Jason Taumalolo has inquiries over the past 10-days as rumours swell over his relationship with Cowboys head coach​

Up to six NRL clubs have begun circling Cowboys enforcer Jason Taumalolo. The clubs willing to prize the under-used superstar includes at least two Sydney teams and two interstate teams. Wayne Bennett‘s Dolphins are also on the public record with a desire to sign the $10 million man.

The revelation will rock the Cowboys who are trying desperately to expel any suggestion the club‘s greatest investment in their history is unhappy and wants out of Townsville.

We can reveal the Kiwi and Tongan International‘s management team have fielded a multitude of inquiries over the past 10-days from rival clubs amid a maelstrom of conjecture surrounding Taumalolo’s relationship with Cowboys head coach Todd Payten.

“Wherever he does go - and he’s going to have to go soon, because you can’t drag things on like this - he’s going to be valuable,’’ former Test winger Jharal Yow Yeh said this week. “I don’t know where he goes or what he gets paid, but I think Jase needs to remember why he started playing the game as well. “It’s not always for the money. I think if they (Cowboys and Taumalolo) make an agreement, they’ll be better off for it.’’

Fox League‘s Matty Johns added on Friday night: “You just know there is something wrong, you just know there’s something amiss.” Taumalolo, 28, is heading into his fifth year of his massive 10-year $10 million contract in North Queensland. Once regarded as the no.1 forward in the game, Taumalolo‘s form has nose-dived due to a rapid decline in playing-time under Payten. His agent Chris Orr confirmed a slew of clubs had made overtures in his star client.

“There have been five or six clubs ringing me instantly asking if he‘s available because of the speculation,’’ Orr said. “But Jason has given me no indication he wants out. “If he went onto the open market tomorrow, I would have all 16 clubs chasing them. “To suggest he is past it, is ridiculous. He is only 28, he has another five years in the game easily and he is still one of the best forwards in the game.

“I’ve had the conversation with my client in the last few days and Jason is not unhappy. “I’m not sure where this constant talk is coming from, but it’s not the case that Jason and the coach don’t see eye to eye. “It was his first game back on the weekend after injury in the pre-season and he said he was out of breath at times. He is still getting back to full fitness, but he said he can‘t wait to get on the field this year.

“Last year was so disruptive for him. He had three broken hands, a busted rib, he then got a slight hammy tear in the trials so he just needs to get some continuity in his game. “People say the contract isn‘t working out at the Cowboys ... do people realise North Queensland have no interest in releasing him?’’

The Wests Tigers would be one club that could use Taumalolo‘s go-forward and leadership while Newcastle have a strong connection to the tearaway forward with their head of recruitment Clint Zammit signing him to the Cowboys when he was 13. Last week, Cowboys coach Todd Payten opened up to News Corp about his relationship with Taumalolo after Broncos legend Corey Parker called for North Queensland to sever ties with the 2016 Dally M champion.

“I can tell you now, we won’t be releasing Jase,” Payten said.“People have to understand Jason had to start the season over four times last year. He broke his hand three times and had a two-week suspension, so it was frustrating for him. “Jase‘s minutes were not cut that dramatically last year, but all rugby league players play their best when they have continuity from a week-to-week point of view.’’

BRONCOS

No. The Broncos have outlaid big bucks to sign Adam Reynolds and Kurt Capewell and retain Kotoni Staggs. They have their own version of Taumalolo in 118kg wrecking ball Payne Haas.

SHARKS
No. Flush with middle forwards for 2023, including Dale Finucane, Cam McInnes, Toby Rudolf and Oregon Kaufusi. Jack Williams and Braden Uele are also in negotiations to re-sign.

TITANS
No. Gold Coast’s strength is their pack. They are flush with middle forwards, including Maroons prop Mo Fotuaika, and forked out millions to keep fellow Queensland Origin hulk Tino Fa’asuamaleaui on a long-term deal.

PANTHERS
No. Premierships cruel your salary cap and the Panthers have to try and re-sign big guns Stephen Crichton, Liam Martin, and Brian To’o before the end of 2023.

DRAGONS
Maybe. They would need to swap or move a significant player from their cap. However, coach Anthony Griffin is a believer that you can never have too many quality forwards.

SEA EAGLES
Yes. Manly are about to have money to spend with Marty Taupau ($850,000) and Kieran Foran ($650,000) off contract and Dylan Walker (Warriors) leaving.

ROOSTERS
Maybe. Edging closer towards needing a new enforcer in their pack with Siosiua Taukeiaho headed for Catalans next year and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves off-contract at the end of 2023.

EELS
No. Already paying big money towards their pack with Junior Paulo, Nathan Brown and Regan Campbell-Gillard, not to mention the cap space taken by Mitchell Moses, Clint Gutherson, Dylan Brown and Maika Sivo.

TIGERS
Yes, in desperate need of a leader in their pack. Co-captain James Tamou will finish up at the club this year, while Luciano Leilua (Cowboys) and Kelma Tuilagi (Sea Eagles) are also leaving.

RAIDERS
No. Would need the Cowboys to chip-in significantly and have nine players off-contract before the end of 2023, including key figures Joe Tapine, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstaad and Jordan Rapana.

RABBITOHS
No. Not when you already have Damien Cook, Latrell Mitchell, Cameron Murray, Cody Walker, Campbell Graham and Keaon Koloamatangi in your salary cap.

STORM
No. Melbourne‘s only focus is re-signing big guns Cameron Munster, Jarome Hughes and Harry Grant.

BULLDOGS

Maybe. Given the pressure on the Dogs for success, it would be crazy to rule Cantebury out. Would the Cowboys be interested in swapping Luke Thompson for Taumalolo?

DOLPHINS
Yes. Wayne Bennett has gone public with his interest in signing Taumalolo, if he becomes available.

KNIGHTS
Yes. Because Clint Zammit, the man who discovered Taumalolo, is now working as the head of recruitment at the Knights. Alot would depend on if Kalyn Ponga decides to re-sign.

WARRIORS
Yes. In need of leadership in their pack and have Matt Lodge, Bunty Afoa and Ben Murdoch-Masila off-contract at the end of 2023.

Good player. Obviously but we have JDB for the next 2 years after this so unless the Cowboys are paying at least 50% of his salary for the next 2 years (after this year), we don't need him. If Cowboys were paying a parge part of his salary, JDB to prop could work.
Saints need one good backrower and one good prop next year or the year after.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

BRONCOS

SHARKS

TITANS

PANTHERS

DRAGONS

SEA EAGLES

ROOSTERS

EELS

TIGERS

RAIDERS

RABBITOHS

STORM

BULLDOGS

DOLPHINS

KNIGHTS

WARRIORS

That's interesting. If Cowboys were paying a significant part of his salary, moving de Belin to prop to make way for Taumalolo could work. Though if it's all about money, Wests Tigers must have a truck load of salary cap space. God have mercy! Brooks is widely reported to be on overs, the whole team might be on overs but even then, it would have to be huge overs for them not to have salary cap space.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Not that anyone should care but jeeez, Brett Morris has packed on the kgs. He looks much more like Steve Roach than the young winger who debuted for the Dragons about 15 years ago.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Does this mean Kyle Feldt is in fact a homosexual? I would have thought if it were true, he wouldn't want the attention. Not that there's anything wrong with that:rolleyes: but it's a tough sport. And toughness is something homosexuals aren't noted for.

Warriors star referred to NRL judiciary over ’unacceptable’ homophobic slur​

New Zealand Warriors winger Marcelo Montoya has been referred directly to the NRL judiciary for targeting North Queensland Cowboys player Kyle Feldt with a homophobic slur and could face a lengthy suspension.​

In broadcast audio of the Warriors’ golden point win on Friday night, Montoya could be heard saying, “get up Kyle, you f****t” after flooring Feldt in a tackle. The NRL’s match review committee deliberated for 44 hours before charging Montoya with contrary conduct.

After the charge was released, Montoya and the Warriors issued a joint apology. The Warriors’ statement featured quotes only from CEO Cameron George, not from Montoya himself. “Both Marcelo and the club are extremely apologetic for the offence this has caused. It was unacceptable,” said George. “Marcelo accepts responsibility and knows there’s no place for such behaviour both in the game and in society generally.”

Eric

Staff

Ponga set to re-sign with Newcastle Knights on deal worth upwards of $5 million​

The Kalyn Ponga contract fiasco is over, with the Knights’ superstar set to make a call on his future, after being heavily pursued by the Dolphins.​

Newcastle superstar Kalyn Ponga will end the bidding war for his services by confirming a long-term deal with the Knights - and rejecting Wayne Bennett’s Dolphins - on Wednesday. The Knights have called a press conference where Ponga is poised to confirm he will be staying at the Knights, the new deal superseding the prior agreement between the skipper and the club.

News Corp understands that the new deal is for as much as five years and worth upwards of $5 million. It ensures the Knights captain remains in Newcastle and out of the clutches of the Dolphins and rugby union. Ponga was one of the Dolphins’ priority targets but his decision to stay at the Knights is likely to mean that the expansion club doubles down on their efforts to sign Melbourne star Cameron Munster.

I think this might be good for St George Illawarra. If Dolphins get Munster, it'll surely mean they aren't going to go hard after Amone. But then again, if they don't get Munster, they'll have the money to throw at several good, young players not yet established in the NRL.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
If Browny is going to be sacked, which seems likely, I wonder what the chances are of Flangan and Browny making a straight swap? I'd prefer Flanagan remain where he is but it's looking like he's going to get picked up as head coach somewhere soon. And poor Browny. Watching the press conference, it looks like Browny is almost crying.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Gordon Tallis was on Sunday Night with Matty Johns talking about how Payne Haas is selfish to want to break his contract. I know Tallis far from the sharpest tool in the shed, but I would have thought the irony would have been too much for even him, but no.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Gordon Tallis was on Sunday Night with Matty Johns talking about how Payne Haas is selfish to want to break his contract. I know Tallis far from the sharpest tool in the shed, but I would have thought the irony would have been too much for even him, but no.
As you alluded to, Tallis is an absolute idiot. Personally I don't take anything he has to say seriously. On the rare occasion I hear what he has to say.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
The Warriors, Bullgrubs and Tigers are absolute rabbles. Dragons just managed to beat all 3. There are a few tiers at present.

Worst Tier. Start planning for next year.
  • Canterbury
  • Warriors
  • Tigers
Next Worst Tier. Still a chance to make the finals but will need to improve a lot. No chance for the premiership.
  • Manly
  • Gold Coast
  • Newcastle
  • St George

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The Warriors, Bullgrubs and Tigers are absolute rabbles. Dragons just managed to beat all 3. There are a few tiers at present.

• Canterbury
  • Warriors
  • Tigers
Next Worst Tier. Still a chance to make the finals but will need to improve a lot. No chance for the premiership.
  • Manly
  • Gold Coast
  • Newcastle
  • St George
That's a little pessimistic. More accurate to put Manly and St George in the tier above Gold Coast and Newcastle.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

• Canterbury
  • Warriors
  • Tigers
  • Manly
  • Gold Coast
  • Newcastle
  • St George
Warriors are a rabble. Browny will surely be out of a job soon. Straight swap with Flanno might be on the cards.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Seems a done deal:
  • Trent Barrett gone
  • Nathan Brown gone
  • Michael Maguire gone
Surely one of those clubs will pick up Flanagan. So who are the Dragons going to get to replace him? Either of the above 3?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Seems a done deal:
  • Trent Barrett gone
  • Nathan Brown gone
  • Michael Maguire gone
Surely one of those clubs will pick up Flanagan. So who are the Dragons going to get to replace him? Either of the above 3?
If Flanagan is picked up by one of those clubs, Browny would be a perfect replacement. Just as long as he is kept away from actually being a coach of anything above Jersey Flegg. He won't get another NRL coaching gig. In theory the club would be able to lock him in as the parthways guru for a long time.