OUR NEW HEAD COACH COMES HOME.

Eric

Staff
Yes,agree good question. Flanno was the right man,
All along. DOUST was the one stopping Shane's progression. DOUST should now be shown the door. ASAP.
Yep. There is something seriously off about that guy. It's more than just incompetence or stupidity.

Reactions: QDF

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Let him go! He's like a little child. Spoilt child at that.
Hunt is not that good.
Otherwise he'd be halfback for QLD.
Let "Bud"step up to the halfback roll, has more flare & speed anyway.
It's inevitable, Bud is our future half in waiting, so why not now. Then we can recruit some killer forwards with the money we save on Hunts over inflated salary.
100%!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
My information was that a very influential ex dragons player of high standing was behind some of the board changing their minds in relation to Flanagan. My informant was also spot on in regards to the Titans making an offer for Hunt picking up the majority of his salary, another club in Sydney has also shown interest (Gus G) . It's incredible that we just keep running into hurdles. It shows you the mess and how divisive this current board is and the harm it has caused not only to our brand but our players. Another ex dragon player is also openly putting shit on the club after he was surprisingly cut from the pathways job. As I said before at least half the board needs to go

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
My information was that a very influential ex dragons player of high standing was behind some of the board changing their minds in relation to Flanagan. My informant was also spot on in regards to the Titans making an offer for Hunt picking up the majority of his salary, another club in Sydney has also shown interest (Gus G) . It's incredible that we just keep running into hurdles. It shows you the mess and how divisive this current board is and the harm it has caused not only to our brand but our players. Another ex dragon player is also openly putting shit on the club after he was surprisingly cut from the pathways job. As I said before at least half the board needs to go
Gaz? He's been very vocal.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Get that swindler DOUST out the door for starters.
If only we could rid ourselves of this Board.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Nice work, good info.
Keep your ear to the ground old mate.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
My informant was also spot on in regards to the Titans making an offer for Hunt picking up the majority of his salary,
Is this anything to do with Hasler knocking us back as he wanted to coach the Titans, which he will now do. You can have Hunt Des only ensure the Titans Board pays us plenty to let him go.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Agree it's the club cpt drawing that line in the sand and clearly indicating that management is PARTLY responsible.
Hunt has to share the blame. Plus you have to accept that he has never lived up to his obscene pay packet. That wage should have been offered to Widdop instead, to induce him to stay as he was already our gun play maker.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt has to share the blame. Plus you have to accept that he has never lived up to his obscene pay packet. That wage should have been offered to Widdop instead, to induce him to stay as he was already our gun play maker.
Didn't have to make it so public. No reason at all.

underperformed for a long time.

Widdop was also overpaid. All the top players were overpaid by McGregor. Sims was one of if not the highest paid second rower. And who could forget the Corey Norman debacle?

Eric

Staff
Nowhere near as much as they offered Hunt. Besides Widdop was worth what he was being paid.
Are we being too harsh in regard to Hunt? I just don't know. I still hear and read the media going gaga over him on a regular basis but I just didn't see it, even before this latest turn of events.

I was always a fan. Always rated him but never close to how media "experts" rate him.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Are we being too harsh in regard to Hunt? I just don't know. I still hear and read the media going gaga over him on a regular basis but I just didn't see it, even before this latest turn of events.

I was always a fan. Always rated him but never close to how media "experts" rate him.
Water under the bridge now. I hope so anyway.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Neither do I. They like to pinpoint the good things Hunt does by putting only him on screen, but I dont see them doing same when he messes up, such as a poor pass, tackle or kick. In their eyes, the guy can do no wrong.
I hate the way they gloss over his poor decisions. In the Tigers game he made a few bad mistakes and the commentators managed to turn it around and praise Hunt for it. Trying too hard, not being supported by teammates and nonsense like that.