OUR NEW HEAD COACH COMES HOME.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Neither do I. They like to pinpoint the good things Hunt does by putting only him on screen, but I dont see them doing same when he messes up, such as a poor pass, tackle or kick. In their eyes, the guy can do no wrong.
I hope they work out something with Hunt so he can ................................ Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ......

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
I hate the way they gloss over his poor decisions. In the Tigers game he made a few bad mistakes and the commentators managed to turn it around and praise Hunt for it. Trying too hard, not being supported by teammates and nonsense like that.
Any balanced observer would have to say that he has consistently been our best player over the last few years, which is what you expect from your halfback. But at times where it's mattered, he has been unable to make the right calls or manage a game to get the win. He is good, better than many, but not great. That he is a rep 9 says it all.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Any balanced observer would have to say that he has consistently been our best player over the last few years, which is what you expect from your halfback. But at times where it's mattered, he has been unable to make the right calls or manage a game to get the win. He is good, better than many, but not great. That he is a rep 9 says it all.
I don't doubt he's been by far our most dangerous player in attack. I just have doubts about his play-making. I feel his lack of play-making ability has stifled blokes like Lomax and Suli.

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
I hope they work out something with Hunt so he can ................................ Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ......
Yes, it's time for Hunt to go. No hard feelings.
May have been slightly over paid, but was offered a job when we had a top forward pack. Sims, Frizzell
DeBelin, McGuiness. Unfortunately it just didn't work out. Still think he's a man with integrity. Hunt didn't f..k it up DeBelin did.
Then Frizz left, Sims just got to old .McGuiness went to Souths. So Hunt was left
at the Dragons with his nutcase mate Hook. We all know the results from that little debacle. So now he believes it's all the Managements fault. And YES I think he's possibly right.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
May have been slightly over paid, but was offered a job when we had a top forward pack. Sims, Frizzell
DeBelin, McGuiness. Unfortunately it just didn't work out. Still think he's a man with integrity. Hunt didn't f..k it up DeBelin did.
Then Frizz left, Sims just got to old .McGuiness went to Souths. So Hunt was left
at the Dragons with his nutcase mate Hook. We all know the results from that little debacle. So now he believes it's all the Managements fault. And YES I think he's possibly right.
I agree about Hunt. And about the forwards but de Belin didn't f*ck up. Unless you are talking morally. It took cops fabricating evidence in order to justify pressing charges.

But yeah, JDB was always the forward linchpin. Losing him in his prime was a disaster for the whole team including Hunt.

• Wow
Reactions: QDF

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
It will take a few rounds of pain but I believe if Hunt is cut loose now, by the last few rounds, you will see a much more formidable team than exists now with Hunt.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
New report that Head of Physical Performance has walked out when he found out he was being replaced next season. I don't think we'll notice the difference...
Was it someone Hook brought in from the QLD Cup?

• Haha

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Was it someone Hook brought in from the QLD Cup?
Tony Guilfoyle, appointed under former coach Anthony Griffin ahead of the 2021 season, has resigned ahead of the Dragons crucial local derby against Cronulla at PointsBet Stadium on Thursday night.

Guilfoyle had arrived at the Dragons following previous high performance stints with Panthers and the Broncos.

However, it’s understood the respected staff member handed in his resignation last Monday - just 24-hours after an article that appeared in this masthead last Sunday.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
It will take a few rounds of pain but I believe if Hunt is cut loose now, by the last few rounds, you will see a much more formidable team than exists now with Hunt.
My info is that there won't be any cutting Hunt loose, well not before November then a reset to see if we can either negotiate a release or Flanagan will be able to attract the necessary players we need in the engine room and actually have him stay for the remainder of his contract.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
My info is that there won't be any cutting Hunt loose, well not before November then a reset to see if we can either negotiate a release or Flanagan will be able to attract the necessary players we need in the engine room and actually have him stay for the remainder of his contract.
For better or worse, that seems to be the case. He won't be going anywhere this year. If he has another shocker, I hope the coach at the very least moves him to his best position, hooker. If not drop him to NSW Cup.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
For better or worse, that seems to be the case. He won't be going anywhere this year. If he has another shocker, I hope the coach at the very least moves him to his best position, hooker. If not drop him to NSW Cup.
Trust me he will not be playing NSW Cup under any circumstances. My info is he was trying to negotiate a release the day after Griffin was shown the door. Flanagan wants him to stay quite simply because if you look around you won't see too many if any decent current playmakers on the market. Just look at Manly seriously having Brooks join for 4 yrs at $700k a year shows just how thin the halves ranks are at the moment in the NRL. I watched young Sexton play for the Titans last season and he went ok now he is playing Qld Cup. Then there is those playing Super League in UK, watched Brodie Croft he is going well over there.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Trust me he will not be playing NSW Cup under any circumstances. My info is he was trying to negotiate a release the day after Griffin was shown the door. Flanagan wants him to stay quite simply because if you look around you won't see too many if any decent current playmakers on the market. Just look at Manly seriously having Brooks join for 4 yrs at $700k a year shows just how thin the halves ranks are at the moment in the NRL. I watched young Sexton play for the Titans last season and he went ok now he is playing Qld Cup. Then there is those playing Super League in UK, watched Brodie Croft he is going well over there.
Have you given up on Sullivan becoming a good halfback?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Have you given up on Sullivan becoming a good halfback?
From my own eye and putting my coaches hat on that is now covered in dust and cobwebs. At this particular point in time Sullivan, although showing improvement is at least 2 seasons away from being able to manage a game and manage the team and most importantly close a game out. He is a work in progress. What people need to understand is that I have seen in my lifetime promising, talented players but it's that final step of transforming your promise and natural talent to on field performance on a consistent basis that separates 1st grade players from reserve grade players. It takes a lot of hard work, determination and ability to listen and learn to achieve that transformation.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
From my own eye and putting my coaches hat on that is now covered in dust and cobwebs. At this particular point in time Sullivan, although showing improvement is at least 2 seasons away from being able to manage a game and manage the team and most importantly close a game out. He is a work in progress. What people need to understand is that I have seen in my lifetime promising, talented players but it's that final step of transforming your promise and natural talent to on field performance on a consistent basis that separates 1st grade players from reserve grade players. It takes a lot of hard work, determination and ability to listen and learn to achieve that transformation.
I think Hunt isn't a good game manager. Excellent ball runner, poor game manager.