Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Every Clubs Big Issue for the Trials​

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Find the star to take the load off Hunt

When the Dragons played well last season, it almost always came off the back of a strong Ben Hunt performance. After a 10th placed finish in 2022, it was clear the gun halfback can’t always shoulder the load if the Red V want to play finals football. Anthony Griffin will likely be using his pre-season trials to find his side’s second attacking outlet.

Regular five-eighth Junior Amone has been stood down under the NRL’s No Fault Stand Down policy, while fullback Cody Ramsey has been ruled out for the season due to illness. The Dragons will be desperate for Jayden Sullivan, Tyrell Sloan and the centre pairing of Zac Lomax and Moses Suli to stand tall leading into the season.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
More BS. The Dragons biggest issue by far is the forward pack. If the forwards and Hunt and Sullivan do their job, Lomax and Suli will do their job.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well the cats out of the bag Bird was training at 5/8 but is out injured now. So who is next to partner Hunt in the halves? It doesn't look good

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I guess he was/is going to be Sullivan's backup. Mbye will be backup hooker at least until round 10 when Connor Muhleisen will be available.
I like the idea of Bird on the bench. Coming on in the forwards or backs in case of an injury.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

ST. GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Connor Muhleisen & Treigh Stewart

Muhleisen is a graduate of the 2019 SG Ball premiership-winning Illawarra Steelers side that featured Tyrell Sloan, Talatau Amone and Jayden Sullivan. He was on a train-and-trial last season but was locked in on a development deal for 2023. The 21-year-old hooker, who is rock-solid in defence, played in last year’s Charity Shield and should getplenty of game time over the trial period. Like Muhleisen, Stewart was also part of that Steelers side — in fact he played at fullback in the grand final with Sloan on the wing. He had an outstanding 2022 season in NSW Cup to earn a train-and-trial opportunity.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
No use listing the teams for the trail match for the Dragons. 28 players allowed, only 25 in the current squad if you take out Ramsey and Amone. And Bird is injured. So the entire squad minus Ramsey, Amone and Bird will be named.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
No use listing the teams for the trail match for the Dragons. 28 players allowed, only 25 in the current squad if you take out Ramsey and Amone. And Bird is injured. So the entire squad minus Ramsey, Amone and Bird will be named.
Why is a hooker, Mulheisen nominated to play 5/8? JDB and Sua won't be available either carrying injuries and Hunt being rested. You know don't be surprised if we get beaten. I personally cannot understand starting any season especially after the last few losing seasons with such a mindset.

Eric

Staff
Don't have to be in the top 30 to play in trail games.
Why is a hooker, Mulheisen nominated to play 5/8? JDB and Sua won't be available either carrying injuries and Hunt being rested. You know don't be surprised if we get beaten. I personally cannot understand starting any season especially after the last few losing seasons with such a mindset.
Where are the team lists? I could be wrong but I guess they are assigning random numbers.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Don't have to be in the top 30 to play in trail games.

Where are the team lists? I could be wrong but I guess they are assigning random numbers.
I'm still a member don't know why so get notifications. It should now be available on the Dragons website

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

St. George Illawarra Dragons vs St Helens 8.05pm AEDT at WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Dragons team:
  1. Treigh Stewart (good but what's up with Sloan?)
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
    (that is the slowest 2~5 in the history of rugby league!)
  6. Connor Muhleisen (WTF?)
  7. Moses Mbye (no comment)
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila (interesting)
  12. Billy Burns
  13. Jaiyden Hunt (interesting)

14. Tautau Moga (.:mad:🤬🥵)
  15. Max Feagai
  16. Michael Molo
  17. Joshua Coric (good)