jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

St. George Illawarra Dragons vs St Helens 8.05pm AEDT at WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Dragons team:
  1. Treigh Stewart (good but what's up with Sloan?)
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
    (that is the slowest 2~5 in the history of rugby league!)
  6. Connor Muhleisen (WTF?)
  7. Moses Mbye (no comment)
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Ben Murdoch-Masila (interesting)
  12. Billy Burns
  13. Jaiyden Hunt (interesting)

14. Tautau Moga (.:mad:🤬🥵)
  15. Max Feagai
  16. Michael Molo
  17. Joshua Coric (good)
  18. Nick Lui-Toso
  19. Dan Russell
  20. Haele Finau (good)
  21. Sione Finau (good)
  22. Alexander Lobb (good)
  23. Savelio Tamale (Who?)
  24. Jackson Shereb (good)
Sloan made the indigenous team. As I said I believe that we will be beaten and beaten soundly. The halves combo is atrocious the backs are slow.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I'd like to see Lobb and Ravalawa get a lot of game time. The latter in the forwards. Coric, Shereb, Egan and Couchman should be given as much time as possible. Really need at least two of those to come good this season.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I'd like to see Lobb and Ravalawa get a lot of game time. The latter in the forwards. Coric, Shereb, Egan and Couchman should be given as much time as possible. Really need at least two of those to come good this season.
Plenty of minutes for J. Hunt is important as well.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Look the combo between Lomax and Rav will be pivotal in the number of points we can score this season. On the other side Suli and Fegai I guess. Neither winger is endowed with natural speed but especially with Rav because of his size will be a handful for any defence within 10m of the line, as long as Lomax has become more selective with his flick pass this could be fruitful, hopefully this will be Lomax year to breakout and maturity. But this is all dependent upon our pack giving both Lomax and Suli room to create confusion within the opposition defensive line and or allowing them room to move and draw in that second defender freeing up our wingers. I just don't believe that we have the go forward to achieve that but I am hoping the depth signings in our engine room can achieve some go forward. In regards to Shereb, Couchman and Coric they won't feature this season in 1sts in my opinion only because this coach will run out his favourites before them, i. e. Woods and with the new signings Musgrove, Lui-Tosa, Murdoch-Masila his apparent depth signings those you mentioned are well and truly down the coaches pecking order unfortunately.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Look the combo between Lomax and Rav will be pivotal in the number of points we can score this season. On the other side Suli and Fegai I guess. Neither winger is endowed with natural speed but especially with Rav because of his size will be a handful for any defence within 10m of the line, as long as Lomax has become more selective with his flick pass this could be fruitful, hopefully this will be Lomax year to breakout and maturity. But this is all dependent upon our pack giving both Lomax and Suli room to create confusion within the opposition defensive line and or allowing them room to move and draw in that second defender freeing up our wingers. I just don't believe that we have the go forward to achieve that but I am hoping the depth signings in our engine room can achieve some go forward. In regards to Shereb, Couchman and Coric they won't feature this season in 1sts in my opinion only because this coach will run out his favourites before them, i. e. Woods and with the new signings Musgrove, Lui-Tosa, Murdoch-Masila his apparent depth signings those you mentioned are well and truly down the coaches pecking order unfortunately.
Late in the season when finals are out of reach, he might play the 3 of them at prop, centre and fullback to show they just aren't very good. To justify not picking them until that late in the season.:(

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Late in the season when finals are out of reach, he might play the 3 of them at prop, centre and fullback to show they just aren't very good. To justify not picking them until that late in the season.:(
One thing you haven't taken into consideration is that, if, and when we are in such a position Griffin will no longer be there.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Coric at fullback and Sloan at lock.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

St. George Illawarra Dragons vs St Helens 8.05pm AEDT at WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Dragons team:
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  12. Billy Burns

15. Max Feagai
  16. Michael Molo
  17. Joshua Coric (good)
  18. Nick Lui-Toso
  19. Dan Russell
  20. Haele Finau (good)
  21. Sione Finau (good)
No.6 is bizarre!

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Blake Lawrie
  12. Billy Burns

15. Max Feagai
  16. Michael Molo
  17. Joshua Coric (good)
  18. Nick Lui-Toso
  19. Dan Russell
  20. Haele Finau (good)
  21. Sione Finau (good)
Ben Murdoch-Masila in the second row is no surprise at all. There are 2 things this coach steadfastly believes in.
  1. He can get a couple more good years out of aging props no other club wants.
  2. He can turn players everyone else sees as props into second rowers.
On another note, I rate all of #2~5 but together they are just so slow. Looks like another year of the coach trying to win games by dragging teams down to the Dragons level. It might work enough to be mid-table or even sneak into the finals but that's as good as it'll ever get.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Ben Murdoch-Masila in the second row is no surprise at all. There are 2 things this coach steadfastly believes in.
  1. He can get a couple more good years out of aging props no other club wants.
  2. He can turn players everyone else sees as props into second rowers.
On another note, I rate all of #2~5 but together they are just so slow. Looks like another year of the coach trying to win games by dragging teams down to the Dragons level. It might work enough to be mid-table or even sneak into the finals but that's as good as it'll ever get.
He's already talking about "making the finals" but no mention of actually challenging for the premiership.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Surely he is going to pull some kind of last minute switch regarding Muhleison.

DRAGONS’ DEPTH TESTED

Dragons coach Anthony Griffin has had to get a little creative with his spine for the first week of the pre-season challenge. His fullback stocks took a hit when Cody Ramsey was ruled out for the season due to an illness and likely Round 1 starter Tyrell Sloan is on All Stars duties this weekend. Griffin has turned to Treigh Stewart for the No.1 jersey — which is actually a well-deserved call-up after an impressive 2022 season in NSW Cup. Things are a little trickier when it comes to five-eighth though. Talatau Amone is unavailable due to the NRL’s no-fault stand down policy, his natural replacement Jayden Sullivan is injured and so is Jack Bird. With captain Ben Hunt being rested this week, Griffin has named utility Moses Mbye at halfback and development player Connor Muhleison — who played all of last season at hooker in NSW Cup — at five-eighth.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS’ DEPTH TESTED

Dragons coach Anthony Griffin has had to get a little creative with his spine for the first week of the pre-season challenge. His fullback stocks took a hit when Cody Ramsey was ruled out for the season due to an illness and likely Round 1 starter Tyrell Sloan is on All Stars duties this weekend. Griffin has turned to Treigh Stewart for the No.1 jersey — which is actually a well-deserved call-up after an impressive 2022 season in NSW Cup. Things are a little trickier when it comes to five-eighth though. Talatau Amone is unavailable due to the NRL’s no-fault stand down policy, his natural replacement Jayden Sullivan is injured and so is Jack Bird. With captain Ben Hunt being rested this week, Griffin has named utility Moses Mbye at halfback and development player Connor Muhleison — who played all of last season at hooker in NSW Cup — at five-eighth.
Regarding the selection of Muhleisen at 5/8, Griffin thinks this is him playing 3D chess.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I'm optimistic about next year but at this time of the year, with the exception of this year, I'm optimistic about every year.
With Sloan at fullback and a fast winger in place of Rava or Feigai, the backline isn't especially slow. Similar to the premiership winning backline.

Need 2 young forwards to make it in first grade this year and need Sully to do well at 5/8.

It's not a pipedream! It's possible.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
With Sloan at fullback and a fast winger in place of Rava or Feigai, the backline isn't especially slow. Similar to the premiership winning backline.

Need 2 young forwards to make it in first grade this year and need Sully to do well at 5/8.

It's not a pipedream! It's possible.
Nice to dream🙄

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Surely its way too early to write off next season as well!!!
I'm sticking to my views here that I have been clear in stating previously. I'm looking towards 24 with a new coach and a decent engine room which I believe will make the bottom half of the 8 and 25 is the year our young stars if they have stuck with us begin to excel with years of lower grade and some 1st grade experience. I would expect another top 8 finish but more competitive perhaps even as high as 4th. Time will tell if I have no idea or perhaps may know something about RL.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS’ DEPTH TESTED

I never made NRL coaching but in my mediocre time in cup there is not much difference when it comes to identifying talent and as a coach giving that player every chance to make it to the big time. A big NO NO that was instilled into me was not interfering with the natural talent and progress of a young player and for gods sake don't play that youngster out of his natural position without firstly giving him the grounding. Disgraceful decision by the coach