Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Tigers playing much better against a strong Canberra team. So fr from the trials, I think we can say the Dragons have been comfortably the worst.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Have now watched full replay of our game. First thing is Tyrell had a fine game apart from one or two blues which did not have any great impact on the outcome. The way those journos described his performance you'd be thinking he had a shocker. Took 95% of his bombs with ease while he showed his blistering acceleration to split the defense and was always sniffing round the ball carrier. A couple of good plays with ball in hand too. All in all I'd give him a 7/10.. not too shabby. Needs to pile on kilos of muscle and work like hell with the defense coach.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Our attack did not click into gear until about the 60th minute as before it was painful to watch. No organization or structure. Our outside backs look like being starved again this season unless we find an orchestrator. Our middle and on line defense was deplorable in the main, our defense coach will be spitting chips. We badly missed JDB as we always have when he is absent. Zane Musgrove looks like a good pick up, most impressed by his power, go forward and work rate and he even has a useful offload. He and Lawrie should make a good pair of bookends. Liddle showed us he can play good footy, picked up very handy metres from dummy half and made some good plays too. His defense looks sound.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Our attack did not click into gear until about the 60th minute as before it was painful to watch. No organization or structure. Our outside backs look like being starved again this season. Our defense was deplorable in the main, specially our on line, poor reading of the play mostly. We badly missed JDB as we always have when he is absent. Zane Musgrove looks like a good pick up, most impressed by his power and work rate and he even has a useful offload. He and Lawrie should make a good pair of bookends. Liddle showed us he can play good footy, picked up very handy metres from dummy half and made some good plays too. Defense looks sound.
Until Souths put the cue in the rack. If they went full out for the entire 80min, probably would have put more than 60 on us.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Have now watched full replay of our game. First thing is Tyrell had a fine game apart from one or two blues which did not have any great impact on the outcome. The way those paper journos described his performance you'd be thinking he had a shocker. Took 95% of his bombs with ease while he showed his blistering acceleration to split the defense and was always sniffing round the ball carrier. A couple of good plays with ball in hand too. All in all I'd give him a 7/10.. not too shabby. Needs to pile on kilos of muscle and work like hell with the defense coach.
I agree. 2 dropped bombs behind a forward pack getting smashed and out of position once. He should get a stern talking to for the emotional outbirst after the game.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Tyrell's major flaw seems to be taking bombs so play him where he does not need to take them and where his ball skills will be better utilized.. 5/8. Play either Moses or someone else at the back.
Honestly if I were coaching Mbye would be my utility bench player. Mulheisen would be my starting hooker so Liddle would be playing NSW Cup but I'm not coaching and this coach and board will start with Liddle, Mulheisen won't get a look in. The best halves combination is Hunt/ Sullivan but I honestly believe that won't be our starting halves under this coach and boardroom. With JDB and Bird to come back I'd say our starting pack will be God forbid Props Lawrie/JDB which I don't want we need JDB in the back row or lock, God knows where he will start Bird but he certainly like Mbye cannot play 80 min at 5/8 so he should be on the bench to start the season. Backrowers, one will be Murdoch-Masila. The coaches favourite Woods will be on the bench, Burns didn't do enough to be in the 17 but probably will be. Sloan is a fullback or winger but we have enough wingers so in the next 2 weeks he practices with our kickers catching 100 bombs a training session minimum. God it is a mess.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
100 bombs a training session minimum.
Like I posted, he dropped two, the rest he took comfortably even under some pressure. Why dont you see him in the halves. He has ball skills and would give us some impact in the middle. That along with his blistering acceleration, I can see him hurting defensive lines and sneaking us many tries. I think other than his need to strengthen his defense he also needs to strengthen his bod by hitting the gym to pile on some muscle.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Like I posted, he dropped two, the rest he took comfortably even under some pressure. Why dont you see him in the halves. He has ball skills and would give us some impact in the middle. That along with his blistering acceleration, I can see him hurting defensive lines and sneaking us many tries. I think other than his need to strengthen his defense he also needs to strengthen his bod by hitting the gym to pile on some muscle.
In my humble view he is an exciting prospect at fullback. Playing 5/8 actually restricts your natural attacking brilliance because you are responsible for running the attacking structures on 1 side of the ruck. He isn't a 5/8 it's an energy sapping position as well. More defensive commitments. In my view you would be negating some of his impact. Imagine if we had a decent engine room this kid with natural progression and experience and confidence would be a danger to any team. Alas we just don't have that, don't be surprised to see him leave if this coach manages to stay

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The dropped bombs? If memory serves, they were clearning kicks/bombs. Like high cleaning kicks.
Not many people are aware of this but young Sloan lost a close family relative, I think it was his NaN only a couple of days ago. He would have been playing in her memory hence the distraught outburst at the end of the game. Kudos to the kid.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Not many people are aware of this but young Sloan lost a close family relative, I think it was his NaN only a couple of days ago. He would have been playing in her memory hence the distraught outburst at the end of the game. Kudos to the kid.
Didn't know that......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
That was what I had not head Jo.. makes sense now. Expect some of that emotion came from not playing a perfect match for his NAN.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
But can't confirm that
I'm going to take a different view. I'm a huge fan of Sloan. Or a huge fan of natural ability and what he might become some day for the Dragons. Even if it was true about his family, that wasn't the right place or time to let his emotions get the better of him. I agree with RedVHeartbeat RedVHeartbeat. He didn't even such a bad game but because of letting his emotions get the better of him, he's going to be merciless targeted in the first part of the season. If he doesn't handle it, it won't ever stop.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm going to take a different view. I'm a huge fan of Sloan. Or a huge fan of natural ability and what he might become some day for the Dragons. Even if it was true about his family, that wasn't the right place or time to let his emotions get the better of him. I agree with RedVHeartbeat RedVHeartbeat. He didn't even such a bad game but because of letting his emotions get the better of him, he's going to be merciless targeted in the first part of the season. If he doesn't handle it, it won't ever stop.
Now that's normally where your TRG players in your team protect him however we are a team divided at the moment so game 1 V Titans will be interesting acknowledging that the Titans don't really have a bad reputation on the field

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Now that's normally where your TRG players in your team protect him however we are a team divided at the moment so game 1 V Titans will be interesting acknowledging that the Titans don't really have a bad reputation on the field
What are TRG players?