jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Said Sloan is a good player and he'll bounce back after another bad game and he should have been given more of a chance last year. Not much but coming from a rival player. telling the coach what he should and shouldn't be doing. Extraordinary stuff.
Nobody wants to play under this coach and it is very rare that any senior player from another team would make comments about another teams coach. Extraordinary.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Nobody wants to play under this coach and it is very rare that any senior player from another team would make comments about another teams coach. Extraordinary.
I can't ever recall a senior player at another club critisising a rival coach for his team selection.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The WCC game is a ripper. The never say die attitude of the Panthers reminds me of our 2010 season. Bloody good game.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well done Saints....... St Helens, I wonder if our mob was watching a very good footy team. Problem is now Panthers are more hungry and dangerous

Eric

Staff
Well done Saints....... St Helens, I wonder if our mob was watching a very good footy team. Problem is now Panthers are more hungry and dangerous
Was just thinking the same thing. Compared to us they have so much determination.

As for the Panthers, I wonder was Korosau much more important for them as previously thought?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Was just thinking the same thing. Compared to us they have so much determination.

As for the Panthers, I wonder was Korosau much more important for them as previously thought?
Compared to us, every team has so much determination. Or so it seems right now.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I was busy so missed the game. Just as well as we were hammered. I think much of Sloans problems lie between the ears. He has never been given the confidence that he is or will ever be a first grader, so he believes he is not one. For this our coach has to take much of the blame. After a couple of unfortunate games last year Griffin dumped the kid rather than stick with him to give him belief. We all know, well at least I do, that Tyrell has some extraordinary ball skills, plus he has what is in short doses with others, VISION. All these assets need to be nurtured in the top grade. So Griffin and our assistant coaches need to take the kid aside and tell him that they want him for the entire season. Dont even give him ultimatums. Let him make any mistakes at the top level. Only then will he improve imo.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The stat's say it all only 1 forward ran for the 100m until Burns made the last break that made it 2. 22 missed tackles not bad at all but in the wrong places and guess who South's picked on? No prizes Mbye of course who missed 5 you always target those players who are playing out of position. Souths a good game plan we leaked 42 points. Lomax needs to go back to Rav side at least then we will have some points in us. Sullivan's speed created problems for the Souths defence and Hunts cut out pass tells me he is going to be our mainstay in attack again but if you are not going forward consistently it won't matter. I'm sure JDB and Bird will be back and hopefully both in the pack because blind Freddie can see any chance of scoring points comes from Hunt/ Sullivan combo but I'm not holding my breath. Do we have a defensive coach? If so who is it? I picked us to finish 12th but I'm worried that we not even manage that. It is clear to me that this group of players do not want and have not wanted to play under this coach now for 2 seasons. There is nothing to look forward to for this season.
Yep. He has no confidence at all. Typically he would have no trouble with those bombs. If they were even bombs.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I was busy so missed the game. Just as well as we were hammered. I think much of Sloans problems lie between the ears. He has never been given the confidence that he is or will ever be a first grader, so he believes he is not one. For this our coach has to take much of the blame. After a couple of unfortunate games last year Griffin dumped the kid rather than stick with him to give him belief. We all know, well at least I do, that Tyrell has some extraordinary ball skills, plus he has what is in short doses with others, VISION. All these assets need to be nurtured in the top grade. So Griffin and our assistant coaches need to take the kid aside and tell him that they want him for the entire season. Dont even give him ultimatums. Let him make any mistakes at the top level. Only then will he improve imo.
As a coach what gives you pleasure is being able to build a successful or at the very least a competitive group of players and mould them into a team. As a coach you are measured by your success and very few of us walk into a ready made competitive team or club. This is what separate the genuine people from the superficial. As a coach you have many responsibilities non more important than being able to identify and nurture young kids coming through. Patience is a virtue especially with young rising talent it doesn't always get through to them initially what you are trying to do to make them the best player they can be. What Griffin has done to Sloan, Sullivan and a few others is in my view misguided. You have to be disciplined and you must be a good communicator and listener. If you fall down in the basic principles of coaching then you can easily alienate those players, cause confusion and most importantly lose the confidence of your players. Once that level has been reached it is then incumbent on the coach to walk away. In my experience there is no coming back once you have lost the change shed. It has happened to me, it hurts but it is life. The Board, the coach need to realise that this is the reality of our current team and club something that never comes easy especially for an old school coach. Just my views.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
As a coach what gives you pleasure is being able to build a successful or at the very least a competitive group of players and mould them into a team. As a coach you are measured by your success and very few of us walk into a ready made competitive team or club. This is what separate the genuine people from the superficial. As a coach you have many responsibilities non more important than being able to identify and nurture young kids coming through. Patience is a virtue especially with young rising talent it doesn't always get through to them initially what you are trying to do to make them the best player they can be. What Griffin has done to Sloan, Sullivan and a few others is in my view misguided. You have to be disciplined and you must be a good communicator and listener. If you fall down in the basic principles of coaching then you can easily alienate those players, cause confusion and most importantly lose the confidence of your players. Once that level has been reached it is then incumbent on the coach to walk away. In my experience there is no coming back once you have lost the change shed. It has happened to me, it hurts but it is life. The Board, the coach need to realise that this is the reality of our current team and club something that never comes easy especially for an old school coach. Just my views.
Well said!

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
This is another 90m JoDragon solo try.:)

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
This is another 90m JoDragon solo try.:)
You know in my youth I was a skinny kid that could run fast because I was scared I was going to be bashed for my lunch money all 50c of it. In 1974 I won the state carnival 50 yard and ran 2nd in the 100 yard in bare feet because we didn't have much money. I initially played on the wing the coach would tell the other players just get it to the wing. Our U12 GF I was lucky enough to score 4 long distance tries. In saying that I don't think I could run 90m without catching a uber these days. :) :)

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
You know in my youth I was a skinny kid that could run fast because I was scared I was going to be bashed for my lunch money all 50c of it. In 1974 I won the state carnival 50 yard and ran 2nd in the 100 yard in bare feet because we didn't have much money. I initially played on the wing the coach would tell the other players just get it to the wing. Our U12 GF I was lucky enough to score 4 long distance tries. In saying that I don't think I could run 90m without catching a uber these days. :) :)
On a more serious note, are you saying there is no way back for this team under Hook? He is beyond redemption?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
On a more serious note, are you saying there is no way back for this team under Hook? He is beyond redemption?
In my experience there was no coming back last season but people in authority not wanting to make admissions or to pay him out refused to do so. We are not going to play semi finals football again this season, how long will the powers to be sit on their hands, well time will tell

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
In my experience there was no coming back last season but people in authority not wanting to make admissions or to pay him out refused to do so. We are not going to play semi finals football again this season, how long will the powers to be sit on their hands, well time will tell
Not make the finals! I hope they can avid the spoon and get half a dozen wins.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Tyrell's major flaw seems to be taking bombs so play him where he does not need to take them and where his ball skills will be better utilized.. 5/8. Play either Moses or someone else at the back.