Promising Juniors Thread.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Even if they arent Saab fast.. just 'fast' would be good.. enough to pull away from your average player.. Ill never forget that Lomax break against the cowboys earlier this year, deadset 2/3 of the cowboys team chased him down and had a defensive line set.

So much more than just speed needed ofcourse.. I have to say I was really happy when Saab left, he seemed like a cat to me.. dinner plate eyes, didnt seem to like contact.. somehow the bugger is really thriving at manly, I think hes put on good weight on his tall frame.. tbf hes sitting outside one of the best attacking backlines in the comp... always get him in space.. but I cant argue that the kid has come on over the years.. still a cat though :p

I know Jason well, he did what he had to do to get out.
Let me tell you he was not treated very well in his time at the club.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
My one and only post about him.
I won't use a niickname because that requires some sort of endearment.

McGregor is a ****
I could list in here each day a **** of a thing he did.
That bad? It still boggles my mind why he was extended so early. Not like any other club wanted him. Why not just wait a bit?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Back to footy
Jake H played schoolboys Cup yesterday, he was replaced after 20min.
He has had a big year and will be managed through the rest of his games.
I don't expect him to play anymore flegg games this year.
Had a big year. Sorry he won't be featuring anymore but looking forward to a big year next year.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ah that Mary year, wow that was something else lol. We & the tigers have a way of spectacular club meltdowns.

Hope to see it happen to the Roosters one day.
I think it happened around the period Nate Miles did a crap in the hotel corridor.

They have a lot of money, not going anywhere. At least not until Politis is gone. I hope for the Sharks to implode more than anything. They say they won't support the Dragons now but in a generation they will have come around.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I think it happened around the period Nate Miles did a crap in the hotel corridor.

They have a lot of money, not going anywhere. At least not until Politis is gone. I hope for the Sharks to implode more than anything. They say they won't support the Dragons now but in a generation they will have come around.
Around the time Fittler was sacked as coach. Was that at the same time Mason crapped in a hotel corridor?

Shouldn't have taken the Dragons this long to recover. Because they keep picking up journeymen rather than young players.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Just to add to that Lewis Sargent Wilson who played half for Dragons Daley Cup side will move up to Dragons SGB

We are also chasing another half and Cooper Hale a tall centre from Penrith.

Junior Saifiti will decide what SGB team he plays in when he moves down.

Bear in mind it's still early and a lot will change.

Under 15 development trials have started Steelers boys flogged Wests amd Eels.

Is Haran on the outer?
Any news on any other junior signing from QLD, NSW Country regions, NZ or NRL clubs

Yes
Yes

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
Saw on fb that Lucas Borg has signed for 2yrs with the dragons, but im rly not sure what sort of contracts he and kirk etc might end up with.. Gonna be some decisions to make with these 2 and rumble and Williams and Jr saifiti etc...even who plays in what grade.

Wonder if any of them could play ctr, cause that seems a weak spot for us with only Buchanan seemingly in the mix.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Saw on fb that Lucas Borg has signed for 2yrs with the dragons, but im rly not sure what sort of contracts he and kirk etc might end up with.. Gonna be some decisions to make with these 2 and rumble and Williams and Jr saifiti etc...even who plays in what grade.

Wonder if any of them could play ctr, cause that seems a weak spot for us with only Buchanan seemingly in the mix.

We've signed Davud Afu for 2 years, he is out of moon boot but doubt he plays again this season.

Edit I believe they will push Borgie thru as a FB.

Last edited:

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
We cant rly know until we finish recruiting.. but if Val ends up our fullback, Sloan would go to cup and then Rumble might need to play on the wing or I dunno.. its tricky..

Borg isnt even playing Flegg atm, but he does sound like a good candidate for Flegg Fullback next year perhaps.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
We cant rly know until we finish recruiting.. but if Val ends up our fullback, Sloan would go to cup and then Rumble might need to play on the wing or I dunno.. its tricky..

Borg isnt even playing Flegg atm, but he does sound like a good candidate for Flegg Fullback next year perhaps.
If Val ends up fullback, Sloan ends up at some other club. Probably in England.