Recruitment and Retention for 2025

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
His defense crueled his being extended in my view. There had been some improvement this season but obviously not sufficient to keep him. With Tamale going does that mean we are close to bringing Blaize Talagi here.
Hope so even though I rate Buchanon to play NRL next year.

Could do worse than recruit Galvin from Tigers who wants out. I rate Luai but 5/8 is his best position. So where does that leave Galvin?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

RIVALS EYE UP MOVE FOR DRAGONS STAR

Jack de Belin may not finish his career as a one-club man as a rival has reportedly entered the market for his services. South Sydney Rabbitohs hold significant interest in the 33-year-old.

De Belin and incoming Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett have history together, with the legendary coach handing the forward his NRL debut during his time in charge of the St George Illawarra Dragons.

The report claims the Dragons have already tabled De Belin, whose contract expires at the end of the season, a one-year extension to remain with the club where he has spent his entire career. However, the Rabbitohs would look to offer a longer and potentially more lucrative deal but it is dependent on freeing up space within the salary cap.

Off him 2 more years. He's still going to be at least ok next year though he will start sliding soon. In 2 years he might have slid a lot but it's risk the club should take.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Off him 2 more years.
Agree. Jack is on record as saying he has always wanted to be a 'one club man'. Give him his wish BOD as surely we can see his ongoing worth to this club.
Wayne Bennett have history together, with the legendary coach handing the forward his NRL debut
If it hadnt been Bennett it'd have been another coach as Jack was always going to play at the top level. Typical scribe waffle.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Dragons coach Shane Flanagan expressed frustration over a no-try call on his son in the closing stages of the first half against the Wests Tigers on Friday night.

This is something me and Flanagan do agree on. No way that was a double movement. Some guys here still rubbishing KF but he had his best game of the season. There was also his creation of first Feigai try where he split the line then floated a lovely cut out. Another cut out to Feigai was disallowed. And did Fox credit Tyrell Sloans two try assists, saw nothing on the stats sheet, yet there was his tap back for Flannos first try then he laid one on for Zac with a neat pass after drawing in the wing..

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Dragons coach Shane Flanagan expressed frustration over a no-try call on his son in the closing stages of the first half against the Wests Tigers on Friday night.

This is something me and Flanagan do agree on. No way that was a double movement. Some guys here still rubbishing KF but he had his best game of the season. There was also his creation of first Feigai try where he split the line then floated a lovely cut out. Better than anything the sook did on the day, except perhaps his banana kick that came off. And did Fox credit Tyrell Sloans two try assists, saw nothing on the stats sheet, yet there was his tap back for Flannos first try then he laid one on for Zac with a neat pass after drawing in the wing..
Had his best game for the season. Not close to as good as Jesse in the one game he's had in the halves. Jesse probably has more Dally M points after one game than KF after 13. KF is definitely the weakest link in the team. His dad is basically giving him charity at the Dragons expense. No other club was interested in him when Flanno picked him up off contract.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
He has been horrible in our past three Tigers games. We should be going after Lachlan Galvin instead post Hunt. He is only 18 already playing Firsts, Aussie schoolboy too from memory and he wants out of his Tigers contract.
A pipe dream I'm afraid as no way will Flanagan have a chance for this talented kid in the face of the Panthers buying power. Uncle Nick is also eyeing Galvin.

Last edited:

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
So it's now officially confirmed Tamale will be in Raiders colours next season
As I said 2 weeks ago, a lot still going on with machinations, Schiller to Knights if they can work their list it may be before June 30 which could leave it open for Tamale to go this year
Would allow for Buchanan or Rumble to move to Cup.
Heard we are in talks with Cook.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
As I said 2 weeks ago, a lot still going on with machinations, Schiller to Knights if they can work their list it may be before June 30 which could leave it open for Tamale to go this year
Would allow for Buchanan or Rumble to move to Cup.
Heard we are in talks with Cook.
Cook the Souths hooker who has been in and out of first grade this year? What? Surely not.