Recruitment and Retention for 2025

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
WHY CAN'T HAELE FINAU GET A CHANCE? It seems to me like Flanno has all these little grudges. It might be Kyle strutting around, telling others what what and the ones who tell him to shut his mouth and get back to the Gerringong Lions are the one's Flanno goes after. i.e. Lomax, Couchman's, JDB and Finau brothers.

Eisenhuth, BMM, RFM, Bird on the other hand follow Kyle around to fetch water whenever he wants.
He belongs there but I don't think he's got a big ego. Probably a very decent person. Just not a good RL player.

But Flanno definitely has agendas. The agenda of not liking so and so and/or the agenda of picking so and so at all costs.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
No idea. That's what recruitment staff are for. Could also look at turning someone into a hooker. Wasn't Egan a backup halfback for the Panthers?
Mate I'm with you here but there's nothing you and I can do about it ..... It's done , like I said its not the worse signing for 2 years ..... The problem is captain courageous wont play at 9 when needed to give Liddle a rest ....... And Flanno is to gutless to put him there because he might whinge and want to leave again ......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Mate I'm with you here but there's nothing you and I can do about it ..... It's done , like I said its not the worse signing for 2 years ..... The problem is captain courageous wont play at 9 when needed to give Liddle a rest ....... And Flanno is to gutless to put him there because he might whinge and want to leave again ......
Not the worst but bad signing after bad signing while letting our best back and probable best forward go! Astonishing.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Not the worst but bad signing after bad signing while letting our best back and probable best forward go! Astonishing.
Yep stuff up after stuff up ...... If you look at it Robson , Cook , Garrick , Luciano , the Morris boys , now Lomax ( can't get my head around that one ) Jack D . Let Luciano go then got him back as they have done with Cook ...... Let Saab go when we were screaming for speed ....... Bent over backwards to keep Hunt who rubbished the joint and wanted out ...... Signed Norman ( another dud on good money ) then don't get me started on all the retirement signings ...... Then our CEO retired then came back on the board ...... The jobs for the boys is still alive ...... So there has been a lot of F**K ups before Flanno , let's hope he can change , but it seems to be continuing ........

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yep stuff up after stuff up ...... If you look at it Robson , Cook , Garrick , Luciano , the Morris boys , now Lomax ( can't get my head around that one ) Jack D . Let Luciano go then got him back as they have done with Cook ...... Let Saab go when we were screaming for speed ....... Bent over backwards to keep Hunt who rubbished the joint and wanted out ...... Signed Norman ( another dud on good money ) then don't get me started on all the retirement signings ...... Then our CEO retired then came back on the board ...... The jobs for the boys is still alive ...... So there has been a lot of F**K ups before Flanno , let's hope he can change , but it seems to be continuing ........
That is all true..... makes me so angry!

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Analysis = true

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
WHY CAN'T HAELE FINAU GET A CHANCE? It seems to me like Flanno has all these little grudges. It might be Kyle strutting around, telling others what what and the ones who tell him to shut his mouth and get back to the Gerringong Lions are the one's Flanno goes after. i.e. Lomax, Couchman's, JDB and Finau brothers.

Eisenhuth, BMM, RFM, Bird on the other hand follow Kyle around to fetch water whenever he wants.
Definitely holds some kind of grudge against the Couchman and Finau brothers. The form of the Couchmans was so good, it became comical the way he was leaving both out. Now he's forced to pick Toby but is giving minimal minutes even though one of his strengths is his ability to play long minutes without losing much intensity.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Flannos recruitment reminds me of Bennett at Newcastle. The players he was signing at Newcastle were good players. But obviously they were not going to be good for much longer. The result was a good Newcastle team went off a cliff with the salary cap a disaster zone. Several formerly good players on big money. This is what Flanno is doing to us. Maybe he's just lost it as most coaches do. The game moves on but they don't. Flanno is still thinking when Cronulla won but minus PEDs and cap cheating. Simply doesn't work anymore.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Flannos recruitment reminds me of Bennett at Newcastle. The players he was signing at Newcastle were good players. But obviously they were not going to be good for much longer. The result was a good Newcastle team went off a cliff with the salary cap a disaster zone. Several formerly good players on big money. This is what Flanno is doing to us. Maybe he's just lost it as most coaches do. The game moves on but they don't. Flanno is still thinking when Cronulla won but minus PEDs and cap cheating. Simply doesn't work anymore.
Toby can't afford a single bad game because he'll be sent back to the NSW Cup for the rest of the year if he has a single bad game. If only the same standard applied to Kyle.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Flanno moves quickly to lock up Damien Cook, who has been in and out of first grade after a very long, successful career rapidly winding up so Souths can move to secure Brandon Smith, one of the best current hookers.
Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Knocked me off my feet when I read in Tele this morning that Jack Bird will stay for a further season, not because the club wanted him but, according to NC, wait for it, because he exercised a one year option on his contract. Let me get this correct, the BOD knocked him back, but as he had been offered a one year option last contract upgrade, he can stay. How bizarre is this.

Last edited:

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I like Cookie, but this is telling me that Liddles spot as our #1 hooker is not all that secure and that Haele Finau is now unwanted. Tell me our 'esteemed' coach , did you want to coach this club so you could add further to its downfall?
One is young , but doesn't seem to be able to play 80min ( not sure why ) the other is older and legs are getting tired ....... But both are quick enough to trouble the opposition ........ So if they both share the role and they can go hard for 40min each I think this may work .......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
.. and any one else under performing. Some been worse than Kyle this season.
Bird and BMM? Wouldn't argue with that. Though BMM has had one or two good games so that's debatable. But his job should be much easier. Use your weight and speed to run hard, make metres and tackle. Kyle is supposed to be a playmaker with little to no ability to break tackles.