Recruitment and Retention for 2025

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I read we had already offered Jack the 1+1 deal, but that he wanted a longer guaranteed time frame. This gives him the option which could lead to another year. I reckon he'd be happy with that as he can then retire a Dragon for life..

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
We have increased our offer to JdB, his manager is pushing for 1+1 deal. Looking more likely he'll stay.
The Young Pope GIF

Eric

Staff
Hunt wants to do everything so no wonder he does ok with ratings ...... No one else is allowed to ball play .......
This has been one of my pet issues forever. It seemed obvious to me a while ago, Hunt is much better when he's not getting his hands on the ball so much. But I'd also have to agree Kyle Flanno hasn't stepped up to be a decent foil. Wouldn't go so far as to say he hasn't been better than Amone but that's like comparing dog shit to cat shit, in my view. Amone was a massive disappointment. I hoped it was just Griffins coaching. Ditto Sullivan. But seems it wasn't the case. Just not good players.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
This has been one of my pet issues forever. It seemed obvious to me a while ago, Hunt is much better when he's not getting his hands on the ball so much. But I'd also have to agree Kyle Flanno hasn't stepped up to be a decent foil. Wouldn't go so far as to say he hasn't been better than Amone but that's like comparing dog shit to cat shit, in my view. Amone was a massive disappointment. I hoped it was just Griffins coaching. Ditto Sullivan. But seems it wasn't the case. Just not good players.
I thought once Griffin was sacked, there was a noticeable improvement in Amone's game.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Definitely holds some kind of grudge against the Couchman and Finau brothers. The form of the Couchmans was so good, it became comical the way he was leaving both out. Now he's forced to pick Toby but is giving minimal minutes even though one of his strengths is his ability to play long minutes without losing much intensity.
We have players who keep running over the coaches dog. But Flanno loved his dog even more than Griffin. Flanno holds a grudge against the entire family, not just the one who ran over the dog.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
We have players who keep running over the coaches dog. But Flanno loved his dog even more than Griffin. Flanno holds a grudge against the entire family, not just the one who ran over the dog.
Must have had at least 2 dogs.

Eric

Staff
Tigers smashing Canberra with 3 teenagers in the team. Our competition winning, competition dominating teenagers can't even get a run in NSW Cup. Buchanan got a chance in Origin, played very well, close to the best on field if not the best and got dropped back to Flegg the next week. Is it all about protecting Kyle's spot in the team?

Speaking of Kyle, Tigers have 2 halves on the field who won't have a spot in first grade next year assuming Luai and Galvin are the halves. So what about it Flanno? Not interested in their services? IMO it would have been perfect to get both and have Hunt play hooker but now Cook has been signed.....

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
SFainu has to be the most promising 2nd rower in the game, 20yrs old and I think he will be in Origin within 3yrs.. Galvin not far behind as is Bula.. they are some very talented kids...

I'm not sure if we have that level of kid in our system.. but definitely does feel like we could at the very least have a few in reserve grade more regularly.. and see how fast they step up (if at all)... but at the same time I do get that it sometimes is not the best to rush them.. but there must be 1 or 2 you'd think.

Eric

Staff
SFainu has to be the most promising 2nd rower in the game, 20yrs old and I think he will be in Origin within 3yrs.. Galvin not far behind as is Bula.. they are some very talented kids...

I'm not sure if we have that level of kid in our system.. but definitely does feel like we could at the very least have a few in reserve grade more regularly.. and see how fast they step up (if at all)... but at the same time I do get that it sometimes is not the best to rush them.. but there must be 1 or 2 you'd think.
Absolutely. If they are promoted and get smashed, play poorly, drop them back again. No problem. Buchanan played very well but was dropped back anyway......

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg

Maybe not but they did win the comp with only half the team. I mean, Dragons have Illawarra's best to choose from as well.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Tigers smashing Canberra with 3 teenagers in the team. Our competition winning, competition dominating teenagers can't even get a run in NSW Cup. Buchanan got a chance in Origin, played very well, close to the best on field if not the best and got dropped back to Flegg the next week. Is it all about protecting Kyle's spot in the team?

Speaking of Kyle, Tigers have 2 halves on the field who won't have a spot in first grade next year assuming Luai and Galvin are the halves. So what about it Flanno? Not interested in their services? IMO it would have been perfect to get both and have Hunt play hooker but now Cook has been signed.....
Douhi is injury prone but when he's fit, he's a gun 5/8. Signing him would be a risk but Dragons should have plenty of salary cap space.