Recruitment and Retention for 2025

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
I could live with Gutho having a pre-season to try to remodel himself as a halfback. His career as a fullback is over but might have the skills to prolong it in the halves.

Reckon gutho 5/8th, Kyle or someone else hb. TBH would love Hunt for Jayden Campbell + one of their wingers or straight Hunt for Leo Thompson

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Reckon gutho 5/8th, Kyle or someone else hb. TBH would love Hunt for Jayden Campbell + one of their wingers or straight Hunt for Leo Thompson
But that would still leave us looking for a halfback. Kyle Flanno at halfback? That's just begging for the spoon.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
But that would still leave us looking for a halfback. Kyle Flanno at halfback? That's just begging for the spoon.

Kyle pretty much played as a pseudo halfback & we won plenty of games. I don't care if it's a stop-gap to get some quality players in a Ben Hunt swap.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Update from the other forum:

WHAT I HAVE HEARD

- Dragons met with Josh Addo Carr on Monday, club wants him to take paycut over Atleast 100k taking him to 450k per year , he is reportedly ok with that ideas due to wanting a fresh start

- Club also met with Clint Gutherson discussions are centered around 2026 but May move to 2025 depending on the Ben Hunt situation

- He said Adam Doueihi was just a name floated and nothing serious with that yet

- Also said we have been advanced talks with Daniel Atkinson, final decision is whether it will be for 25 or 26 ( again depending on Hunt )

- Hunt will only go to a QLD team , Dragons will only release for 25 if a player swap can be done ( club wants a forward )

- Matt Lodge is signed pending announcement

- Leigh Leopards are interested in Ravalawa club initially wanted Maika Sivo but he wants to join Leeds with Brad Arthur

- No interest for Blake Lawrie

- Sione Finau wants to go to Parramatta to play under Ryles

- Unfortunately Cody Ramsey is set to retire

- Club will make a play for Leo Thompson for 2026

All in alll I’ve been told to buckle up a lot of movement is about to happen

BIG UPDATE

I’m being told that the only club interested in Ben Hunt is the Bulldogs and that the Dragons will be open for a swap with Josh Addo Carr

Dunno how much is accurate but yea plenty of info. Can't say we're doing much for culture by bringing in Lodge & JAC. I guess with Flanno as the coach, does it really matter?

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
I could live with Gutho having a pre-season to try to remodel himself as a halfback. His career as a fullback is over but might have the skills to prolong it in the halves.

That's a good point. He's got a good passing game, big voice to organise & solid defence. Defs not a general field kicker.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Update from the other forum:

WHAT I HAVE HEARD

- Dragons met with Josh Addo Carr on Monday, club wants him to take paycut over Atleast 100k taking him to 450k per year , he is reportedly ok with that ideas due to wanting a fresh start

- Club also met with Clint Gutherson discussions are centered around 2026 but May move to 2025 depending on the Ben Hunt situation

- He said Adam Doueihi was just a name floated and nothing serious with that yet

- Also said we have been advanced talks with Daniel Atkinson, final decision is whether it will be for 25 or 26 ( again depending on Hunt )

- Hunt will only go to a QLD team , Dragons will only release for 25 if a player swap can be done ( club wants a forward )

- Matt Lodge is signed pending announcement

- Leigh Leopards are interested in Ravalawa club initially wanted Maika Sivo but he wants to join Leeds with Brad Arthur

- No interest for Blake Lawrie

- Sione Finau wants to go to Parramatta to play under Ryles

- Unfortunately Cody Ramsey is set to retire

- Club will make a play for Leo Thompson for 2026

All in alll I’ve been told to buckle up a lot of movement is about to happen

BIG UPDATE

I’m being told that the only club interested in Ben Hunt is the Bulldogs and that the Dragons will be open for a swap with Josh Addo Carr

Dunno how much is accurate but yea plenty of info. Can't say we're doing much for culture by bringing in Lodge & JAC. I guess with Flanno as the coach, does it really matter?
Sad news about Ramsey. Sad news about Lawrie as well. How far has he fallen? Who does Daniel Atkinson play for now and in what position?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Kyle pretty much played as a pseudo halfback & we won plenty of games. I don't care if it's a stop-gap to get some quality players in a Ben Hunt swap.
Kyle's stats were comically bad for last season. For try assists and line break assists. And we know he isn't busting tackles and cutting though the defensive line himself. He has plenty of heart but lacks talent.