Recruitment and Retention for 2025

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
That's all I was told, not confirmed but after his shots at Flannos he has to go.
Flanno wanted Lomax out from day one and he kept his mouth shut.
Lomax talked publicly about playing 5/8 even after Kyle was recruited. Flanno didn't like that one bit. Hunt talked publicly about recruiting
Gutho to play 5/8. I think he knew this was pushing Flanno's buttons.

I can sympathise with Hunt there. I bet he would have liked a bit more help from his halves partner.

Anyway, I'm tipping Sexton and JAC for Hunt.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
The only question left is whether we have given up on finding a direct trade.. and just want him gone regardless.

Or.. this is part of the process, he can talk numbers, make deals.. and perhaps we have someone in mind... the article says 2026.. but its clearly 2025.

It is possible we are just going to run KFlan/Gutho as a halves combo, but I think we will be shooting for a genuine 7 to come in on top.. I believe we arent even meeting Gutho till next week anyway, I dont think we would be pinning everything on him.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
People getting ahead of themselves. According to news reports, it means Hunt won't be with the Dragons in 2026. But unless he is subject to a suitable swap, he will be with the Dragons next year.

TheRev

SGI Jersey Flegg
People getting ahead of themselves. According to news reports, it means Hunt won't be with the Dragons in 2026. But unless he is subject to a suitable swap, he will be with the Dragons next year.
The way Justa mentioned it before, sounds like by hook or by crook, he is not coming back to the club... throw in the captaincy being removed, and considering hes such a sooky negative guy even at the best of times.. I think he would sink our season... but of course nothing is locked in yet.

but what we all want to know, is whether Flanno has already found a quality 6 or 7 to replace him with...

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg

I posted before the news report came out that he was gone.
Giving him early approval to negotiate for 26 does nothing.
What it does like Gutho is give clubs early warning that he is available for 25 under the right conditions.

Hunt is not back till new year, I can see any negotiations being draw out till then so we have to pay 2 months of Hunts salary dropping it down to 800k.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I posted before the news report came out that he was gone.
Giving him early approval to negotiate for 26 does nothing.
What it does like Gutho is give clubs early warning that he is available for 25 under the right conditions.

Hunt is not back till new year, I can see any negotiations being draw out till then so we have to pay 2 months of Hunts salary dropping it down to 800k.
I think he won't come back. Giving someone permission to look around usually means, GTFO ASAP.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Lomax talked publicly about playing 5/8 even after Kyle was recruited. Flanno didn't like that one bit. Hunt talked publicly about recruiting
Gutho to play 5/8. I think he knew this was pushing Flanno's buttons.

I can sympathise with Hunt there. I bet he would have liked a bit more help from his halves partner.

Anyway, I'm tipping Sexton and JAC for Hunt.
Mate how could he get any help when he wanted to do everything , even with his last option bomb's that were pathetic ........ How easy was it for teams to shut us down when everything went to Hunt ........ Coach also to blame here .......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Mate how could he get any help when he wanted to do everything , even with his last option bomb's that were pathetic ........ How easy was it for teams to shut us down when everything went to Hunt ........ Coach also to blame here .......
I don't mean to stick up for Hunt. I don't think he deserves it. My only point is, Kyle at his 4th club is no better than he was at his first 3. He's not first grade standard. I'm sure he's the best bloke but he's not an NRL player. After last season, that is more obvious than ever. He had plenty of chances to show he could do good things with the ball.

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
Could be a player swap. But is the purging of Hunt because Flanno wants Kyle to play 7 ? We will see who they sign in the halves as a replacement.

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hunt has never delivered on a consistent basis. Piss him off, I say. But just because they have given permission to negotiate does not mean he will be gone next year. Look at Blocker and Rava. Are they going to move on or just say they have a contract and are staying ?