Round 1 Titans v Dragons

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I wish, I was being realistic apart from Feigai. Would think that M Molo will get a run before Fifita and Tuitavake unfortunately. Possibly a 2025 bench makeup
yeah, forgot about him. Maybe even BMM though that's a bit of a stretch. He seems to not even bend the line anymore.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

KEY DRAGONS SET FOR ROUND ONE

St George Illawarra have received a round one boost after scans cleared forward Blake Lawrie and hooker Jacob Liddle of serious injury on Monday. Lawrie is expected to be available for the season opener against the Gold Coast Titans after suffering a rib cartilage injury in Saturday’s trial against the Tigers.

Like Lawrie, Liddle failed to finish the second trial after picking up a hamstring complaint. Scans revealed Liddle suffered a low-grade hamstring strain and is aiming for a round one return.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think this will be the round 1 team if Lawrie is fit. Those rib cartilage things are like sprained ankles or hamstring injuries. They can hang around, be 75% better for a long time.
  1. Sloan
  2. Lomax
  3. Suli
  4. Bird
  5. Rava
  6. Flannagan
  7. Hunt
  8. Lawrie
  9. Liddle
  10. Molo
  11. Su'a
  12. RFM
  13. JDB

14. Muhleisen
  15. Sele
  16. Leilua
  17. Fifita
Apart from 17, I think this will be it. No.17 will be M. Molo. Flanno obviously likes him. Got a lot of minutes in both trials.

Eric

Staff
Any number:
  • T & R Couchman
  • M. Molo
  • Fifita
  • BMM
5 right there and a couple more available but less likely.
Also Sele. If you give it a serious thought, surely one of the Couchmans will be in the 17. If he is going to go with Zac on the fuking wing rather than Tamale, Finau or even Feagai, he has to pick a young player, not weighed down by years of failure. He should make it a rule to pick at least one player with less than 10 NRL games every week.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Also Sele. If you give it a serious thought, surely one of the Couchmans will be in the 17. If he is going to go with Zac on the fuking wing rather than Tamale, Finau or even Feagai, he has to pick a young player, not weighed down by years of failure. He should make it a rule to pick at least one player with less than 10 NRL games every week.
I have Sele starting instead of Lawrie. I wouldn't be starting Lawrie in round 1 recovering from that type of injury.

Eric

Staff
Just speaking from experience. I wouldn't consider him for selection perhaps that was one of the reasons I never coached 1st grade. I'm set in my ways.
On another note, he only got limited minutes but I was very impressed by RFM when he came on. Looked like Tigers defence was having a lot of trouble with him.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
On another note, he only got limited minutes but I was very impressed by RFM when he came on. Looked like Tigers defence was having a lot of trouble with him.
Yes it's always interesting to watch how a new player fits into a new clubs culture. I believe that injury free he will be an asset.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yes it's always interesting to watch how a new player fits into a new clubs culture. I believe that injury free he will be an asset.
I wonder who will get the starting spot, him or Leilua. Both will be in the 17.

Eric

Staff
Su'A at right, Ray left, Luch opposed so far this week.
Personally I like that. I think in limited minutes, RFM was a real handful for the Tigers. If he was on a little longer and got a few more chances, I think he would have ended up running straight over a few Tigers and straight through the defensive line.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ah damn, I was hoping Eisenhuth kept his edge spot. Imo he's been one our best in the trials.
Eisenhuth seems to me like the type of player who won't let anyone down but also won't break open any games like Luch and RFM can do.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Eisenhuth seems to me like the type of player who won't let anyone down but also won't break open any games like Luch and RFM can do.

I agree Luch is a game breaker but I don't see RFM as a game breaker, well not what he's shown in the last few years. Imo fans think we're getting the young NZ warriors RFM who was dynamic but we're not getting that version. He's lost a bit of pace & gets exposed moving laterally on the edges. I'm happy to see him playing in the middle but not edge, especially when we've been soo defensively poor last season. I would take Eisenhuth defence over RFM attack for team balance.