Round 1 Titans v Dragons

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I agree Luch is a game breaker but I don't see RFM as a game breaker, well not what he's shown in the last few years. Imo fans think we're getting the young NZ warriors RFM who was dynamic but we're not getting that version. He's lost a bit of pace & gets exposed moving laterally on the edges. I'm happy to see him playing in the middle but not edge, especially when we've been soo defensively poor last season. I would take Eisenhuth defence over RFM attack for team balance.
That makes sense but RFM might go ok in defence with the right players around him and right coaching staff. How many Bulldogs coaches were sacked during his time there? If that isn't true, he won't be in the run on team for long.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Common-sense may actually prevail in the new era Flanagan regime. As I indicated in an earlier post I am very aware of the type of injury that Lawrie received both as a player and coach and I wouldn't even consider him for round 1. This now appears to be the case. If so I hope Fifita finds a place on the bench against the Titans as a member of our prop rotation. I also hope that if Liddle isn't completely recovered from his strain finally young Muhleisen will get a run. Time will tell but I have faith in our coach not to play any player who is not 100%fit in round 1 of this competition

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Common-sense may actually prevail in the new era Flanagan regime. As I indicated in an earlier post I am very aware of the type of injury that Lawrie received both as a player and coach and I wouldn't even consider him for round 1. This now appears to be the case. If so I hope Fifita finds a place on the bench against the Titans as a member of our prop rotation. I also hope that if Liddle isn't completely recovered from his strain finally young Muhleisen will get a run. Time will tell but I have faith in our coach not to play any player who is not 100%fit in round 1 of this competition
Liddle was among our best while he was on the field in the trials. But year, I'd like to see Muhleisen get a go at staying on for 80min. Doesn't offer much in attack but a tackling machine.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
In the DT this morning, of the first 15 articles (I didn't scroll any further) there are 2 about "SuperCoach" and 13 about USA/the games in USA. 0 about anything else. Can't wait until it's over with.
15 total. 13 about USA. 2 about super coach. Thanks for pointing out 0 about anything else. My math is a bit rusty. Was never very good.

Eric

Staff
In the DT this morning, of the first 15 articles (I didn't scroll any further) there are 2 about "SuperCoach" and 13 about USA/the games in USA. 0 about anything else. Can't wait until it's over with.
Surely it would have been better to take the games to somewhere like France where the is already small RL presence. Or even Italy. Japan also.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Team announced tomorrow, isn't it?

Seriously Zac on the wing..... Don't like it. The plan will obviously be to bash the Titans speedy backs. I don't think it'll work with Hasler is charge there. Even if it does work, it won't win the club any new fans.

Eric

Staff
Team announced tomorrow, isn't it?

Seriously Zac on the wing..... Don't like it. The plan will obviously be to bash the Titans speedy backs. I don't think it'll work with Hasler is charge there. Even if it does work, it won't win the club any new fans.
There is nothing new in this. Same plan Griffin had. Drag the opposition down to our level and hopefully squeeze out a narrow win.

I'll tip the Dragons but TBH, not very confident.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
There is nothing new in this. Same plan Griffin had. Drag the opposition down to our level and hopefully squeeze out a narrow win.

I'll tip the Dragons but TBH, not very confident.
Probably better and not any slower than Feagai on the wing. That's the good news.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Team Tips:
Prop Blake Lawrie is in some doubt for Round 1 after suffering a rib injury during the Pre-Season Challenge. Hooker Jacob Liddle is more likely to play but is also under an injury cloud (hamstring). Uncapped Jesse Marschke is in line to make his debut if Liddle can’t go with Connor Mulhesian to start. The Shane Flanagan era begins and his star recruit Luciano Leilua will miss the opening two games after being suspended for failing to tell the NRL of his low-level drink driving charge, which will likely see Tom Eisenhuth start and Viliami Fifita join the bench. But the Dragons backline is set, with Zac Lomax playing on the wing and Tyrell Sloan at fullback. Ben Hunt will partner Kyle Flanagan in the halves. Ben Murdoch Masila and Michael Molo will all be pushing for spots off the bench, having played on pine in the final pre-season challenge clash.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Team Tips:
Prop Blake Lawrie is in some doubt for Round 1 after suffering a rib injury during the Pre-Season Challenge. Hooker Jacob Liddle is more likely to play but is also under an injury cloud (hamstring). Uncapped Jesse Marschke is in line to make his debut if Liddle can’t go with Connor Mulhesian to start. The Shane Flanagan era begins and his star recruit Luciano Leilua will miss the opening two games after being suspended for failing to tell the NRL of his low-level drink driving charge, which will likely see Tom Eisenhuth start and Viliami Fifita join the bench. But the Dragons backline is set, with Zac Lomax playing on the wing and Tyrell Sloan at fullback. Ben Hunt will partner Kyle Flanagan in the halves. Ben Murdoch Masila and Michael Molo will all be pushing for spots off the bench, having played on pine in the final pre-season challenge clash.
Wouldn't be picking Lawrie as mentioned elsewhere. Hopefully Fifita gets a run of the bench but doubt it too far down the pecking order. Because of the type of injury to Liddle you have to put Muhleisen on the bench in my humble view. Time will tell

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Wouldn't be picking Lawrie as mentioned elsewhere. Hopefully Fifita gets a run of the bench but doubt it too far down the pecking order. Because of the type of injury to Liddle you have to put Muhleisen on the bench in my humble view. Time will tell
For once we agree. Unless he is 100% recovered. Those rib cartilage things take ages to heal and are easily aggravated.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
For once we agree. Unless he is 100% recovered. Those rib cartilage things take ages to heal and are easily aggravated.
I've suffered that injury and coached players suffering from that injury. It's round 1, wait until he can do full contact training again without the vest then pick him, even if it's not until round 4.

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
Surely it would have been better to take the games to somewhere like France where the is already small RL presence. Or even Italy. Japan also.
The whole purpose of going to Vegas is about the gambling dollars, no point going to France/Italy/Japan

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
How are they planning to cash in?
They hope by getting 1 game a week televised on Fox1 that eventually the punters will start gambling on the sport, which then gives them a cut of profits, long term plan and as a Rugby League Supporter i want them to succeed if it means keeping our game going on.

Eric

Staff
They hope by getting 1 game a week televised on Fox1 that eventually the punters will start gambling on the sport, which then gives them a cut of profits, long term plan and as a Rugby League Supporter i want them to succeed if it means keeping our game going on.
In that case, I would have said Monte Carlo is a better option but forgot Europe has no money anymore. Macau or Hong Kong would be other options closer to home. Didn't the AFL take a games to Hong Kong and Shanghai?