Round 10 v Gold Coast Titans

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I don't think he's injured.

St George Illawarra Dragons:​

Andrew McCullough (thumb) has been ruled out, with Jayden Sullivan set to start at hooker. His promotion to the starting side sees Jack Gosiewski come on to the bench in the only other change to the side that went down to Melbourne last Sunday.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Positives:
  • Amone ran the ball. Often and was a menace for the Titans defence.
  • Sloan ran the ball. Didn't slowly jog into the defence and surrender.
  • Feagai was more involved and bent the line on a regular basis. One of these days he is going to do that and go straight through.
  • Ravalawa is now consistently good.
  • Suli is now consistently good.
  • What else?
Negatives:
  • Sloan has to take bombs.
  • Molo is the Dragons only good prop.
  • If only one of the Feagai's was a forward! Club has abundance of good, young backs and zero good, young forwards.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Positives:
  • Feagai was more involved and bent the line on a regular basis. One of these days he is going to do that and go straight through.
  • What else?
Negatives:
  • If only one of the Feagai's was a forward! Club has abundance of good, young backs and zero good, young forwards.
Negatives:
  • May as well start planning for next season.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Positives:
  • What else?
Negatives:
In my view Sloan showed glimpses of his attacking brilliance, his defence though was woeful. His decision to throw that pass showed his immaturity. What I saw in the last 10 minutes and then extra time was the lack of communication and cohesion and that issue lies with our cpt and senior players. The last comedy of errors was Amone who knocked the ball on with not 1 opponent within 10m of him. That was because of no communication and his immaturity. Well that's my take won't be on here for a few weeks will be on an overseas cruise from Barcelona. I'll be watching from a big distance which isn't such a bad thing at the moment.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
In my view Sloan showed glimpses of his attacking brilliance, his defence though was woeful. His decision to throw that pass showed his immaturity. What I saw in the last 10 minutes and then extra time was the lack of communication and cohesion and that issue lies with our cpt and senior players. The last comedy of errors was Amone who knocked the ball on with not 1 opponent within 10m of him. That was because of no communication and his immaturity. Well that's my take won't be on here for a few weeks will be on an overseas cruise from Barcelona. I'll be watching from a big distance which isn't such a bad thing at the moment.
Safe trip.

Eric

Staff
Positives:
  • What else?
Negatives:
Negatives:
  • Zac Lomax's inconsistent goal kicking. It finally came back to bite us.

Eric

Staff
Safe trip.
Send a postcard✌️

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Is Ben Hunting for Dally M points? Amone and Sullivan are very capable kickers. Let them do it sometimes.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Is Ben Hunting for Dally M points? Amone and Sullivan are very capable kickers. Let them do it sometimes.
We have far bigger issues. I love the way the Panthers set up play they have a 2 tiered attacking line. In attack just watch how many of their players are not back behind the play the ball on tackles 1 and 2. They conserve energy and with a great deal of confidence. It was good to actually watch how they set up their attacking and defensive lines. It's entirely different to our predictable attacking options. We would be far more dangerous if Suli and Lomax were to run lines back inside our playmakers when they actually decided to take on the defensive line. Once again we missed 50 tackles in a game and until we reduce that particular stat to 30 a game we won't be playing semi finals football.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
We have far bigger issues. I love the way the Panthers set up play they have a 2 tiered attacking line. In attack just watch how many of their players are not back behind the play the ball on tackles 1 and 2. They conserve energy and with a great deal of confidence. It was good to actually watch how they set up their attacking and defensive lines. It's entirely different to our predictable attacking options. We would be far more dangerous if Suli and Lomax were to run lines back inside our playmakers when they actually decided to take on the defensive line. Once again we missed 50 tackles in a game and until we reduce that particular stat to 30 a game we won't be playing semi finals football.
Agree but Ben Hunt trying to do everything himself is an issue in my view.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
So the question is, where does the club go from here? Personally, I think they should be thinking about next year from now. That means keeping Sullivan, Amone and Sloan in the team.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
So the question is, where does the club go from here? Personally, I think they should be thinking about next year from now. That means keeping Sullivan, Amone and Sloan in the team.
Hooker rotation of Connor Muhleisen and Sullivan.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Ben Hunt got another Dally M point last game. The sooner he gives up winning the Dally M, the better it'll be for the team.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I hate how certain players in certain conditions get Dally M points almost automatically.
I agree but Titans won in the last minute of extra time. At least one Dragons player had to get the points. Who would you have given it/them to?