15. Michael Molo
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  17. Josh Kerr

18. Toby Couchman
  19. Jaiyden Hunt
  20. Jacob Liddle
  21. Zane Musgrove
  22. Viliami Fifita

Dropped Lomax. Big call but something had to be done.
Dropped Couchman and promoted Burns while keeping Kerr and BMMo_Oo_Oo_O What is going? This is madness!!!!
Dropped Liddle for Sullivan. I'd have dropped Mybe but Mbye is one of his favourites so that was never going to happen.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg

Dragons team:​

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Max Feagai
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Moses Mbye
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Billy Burns
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird

14. Jayden Sullivan
  15. Michael Molo
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  17. Josh Kerr

18. Toby Couchman
  19. Jaiyden Hunt
  20. Jacob Liddle
  21. Zane Musgrove
  22. Viliami Fifita

Dropped Couchman and promoted Burns while keeping Kerr and BMMo_Oo_Oo_O What is going? This is madness!!!!
Dropped Liddle for Sullivan. I'd have dropped Mybe but Mbye is one of his favourites so that was never going to happen.
Coach is having some fun before he's sent on his way. Only explanation.

Eric

Staff

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Max Feagai
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Moses Mbye
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Billy Burns
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird

14. Jayden Sullivan
  15. Michael Molo
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  17. Josh Kerr

18. Toby Couchman
  19. Jaiyden Hunt
  20. Jacob Liddle
  21. Zane Musgrove
  22. Viliami Fifita

When I first looked at the team list, for some reason my eyes fell on the bottom of the message. I saw Couchman as 18th man. I thought the other one must have been promoted and felt it was a good thing. Not much is going well but the form of Couchman was one bright spark. Something to look forward to for the future. Didn't think there was any way he'd be dropped.

Then I saw the truth. I think Griffin just doesn't care anymore. He's picking his favourites until he's sacked and that's that.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Looks like just a bit of fun. Surely it has more to do with the way Griffin has instructed Zac and the team to play.
You never know he might have taken offence to it ....... To me its just a bit of fun a Gee up .......

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Max Feagai
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Jack de Belin
  9. Moses Mbye
  10. Blake Lawrie
  11. Billy Burns
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Jack Bird

14. Jayden Sullivan
  15. Michael Molo
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  17. Josh Kerr

18. Toby Couchman
  19. Jaiyden Hunt
  20. Jacob Liddle
  21. Zane Musgrove
  22. Viliami Fifita

Who is going to be the goalkicker? Surely not Hunt.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Reports Hunt will be playing hooker. Hunt training at dummy half today.

Why wasn't he yesterday? Did orders come from above that he must do that or a new coach would be in place to do that?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Reports Hunt will be playing hooker.
You beat me to it mate. Yes he trained at hooker today, so Sully looks like getting his half debut. Before Liddle we'd have welcomed this move as we have been calling for it for two years. How Griffin can not see how Liddle has improved our go forward bewilders me. With his coaching career hanging by a thread, this is a clutching at straws moment that may backfire badly . Fact is I can not see Hunt doing a better job than what Liddle has done this season. For starters his long kicking game will suffer as he will be restricted for space, he does not have the pace of Liddle to make telling scooting dummy half runs, plus his defense is moderate at best while Liddle has a 94% affective tackle rating. On the flip side, Sully will have trouble playing the prime team manager that Hunt plays well while his ball playing will be no better than the skipper. So our forwards will continue to lack big metres and our backs good, clean ball. Neither he nor Amone have a long kicking game either, Hunts forte. What the kids do have tho is a clever short kicking game and the speed to take on the line.
This senseless cull of good personnel, should never have happened as it has left us with a WORSE 17 than before because Griffin has sacked the wrong players.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
You beat me to it mate. Yes he trained at hooker today, so Sully looks like getting his half debut. Before Liddle we'd have welcomed this move as we have been calling for it for two years. How Griffin can not see how Liddle has improved our go forward bewilders me. With his coaching career hanging by a thread, this is a clutching at straws moment that may backfire badly . Fact is I can not see Hunt doing a better job than what Liddle has done this season. For starters his long kicking game will suffer as he will be restricted for space, he does not have the pace of Liddle to make telling scooting dummy half runs, plus his defense is moderate at best while Liddle has a 94% affective tackle rating. On the flip side, Sully will have trouble playing the prime team manager that Hunt plays well while his ball playing will be no better than the skipper. So our forwards will continue to lack big metres and our backs good, clean ball. Neither he nor Amone have a long licking game either, Hunts forte. What the kids do have tho is a clever short kicking game and the speed to take on the line.
This senseless cull of good personnel, should never have happened as it has left us with a WORSE 17 than before because Griffin has sacked the wrong players.
One benefit will be a new coach getting a good look at the Sully-Amone combo

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
You beat me to it mate. Yes he trained at hooker today, so Sully looks like getting his half debut. Before Liddle we'd have welcomed this move as we have been calling for it for two years. How Griffin can not see how Liddle has improved our go forward bewilders me. With his coaching career hanging by a thread, this is a clutching at straws moment that may backfire badly . Fact is I can not see Hunt doing a better job than what Liddle has done this season. For starters his long kicking game will suffer as he will be restricted for space, he does not have the pace of Liddle to make telling scooting dummy half runs, plus his defense is moderate at best while Liddle has a 94% affective tackle rating. On the flip side, Sully will have trouble playing the prime team manager that Hunt plays well while his ball playing will be no better than the skipper. So our forwards will continue to lack big metres and our backs good, clean ball. Neither he nor Amone have a long licking game either, Hunts forte. What the kids do have tho is a clever short kicking game and the speed to take on the line.
Too little too late.

Eric

Staff
You beat me to it mate. Yes he trained at hooker today, so Sully looks like getting his half debut. Before Liddle we'd have welcomed this move as we have been calling for it for two years. How Griffin can not see how Liddle has improved our go forward bewilders me. With his coaching career hanging by a thread, this is a clutching at straws moment that may backfire badly . Fact is I can not see Hunt doing a better job than what Liddle has done this season. For starters his long kicking game will suffer as he will be restricted for space, he does not have the pace of Liddle to make telling scooting dummy half runs, plus his defense is moderate at best while Liddle has a 94% affective tackle rating. On the flip side, Sully will have trouble playing the prime team manager that Hunt plays well while his ball playing will be no better than the skipper. So our forwards will continue to lack big metres and our backs good, clean ball. Neither he nor Amone have a long kicking game either, Hunts forte. What the kids do have tho is a clever short kicking game and the speed to take on the line.
You think Griffin might be preparing to hand Sully a poisoned challace so the next coach thinks, "Have to keep Hunt at 1/2". Interesting theory. Wouldn't put it past him.

But you're right about Liddle. He was starting and going pretty well. So Griffin benched him. I can't understand it at all....

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Is this the battle for the spoon? Bateman out for the Tigers. Big loss for them. Griffin has been really lucky facing under-strength team but someone lost anyway.