Round 13: St George Illawarra Dragons vs Dolphins

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Only 4 days before this one. Dragons did a number on them early in the season. Since then they've just gotten better and we've gone the opposite direction. Really need to climb off the bottom of the table. It's embarrassing. Lawrie is out for around 4 weeks so surely Musgrove is in line for a recall. Maybe need Billy Burns as well. I'm not a fan but at least he can keep going for 80min.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons Team

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Talatau Amone
  7. Jayden Sullivan
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Michael Molo
  11. Jack Bird
  12. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  13. Jack de Belin

14. Moses Mbye
  15. Toby Couchman
  16. Jaiyden Hunt
  17. Josh Kerr

18. Billy Burns
  19. Max Feagai
  20. Zane Musgrove
  21. Viliami Fifita
  22. Paul Turner

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons:

1. Tyrell Sloan - Last chance!
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Talatau Amone - Wouldn't be last chance but I think he'd better do something or Sullivan will be 6 and Hunt 7 after Origin.
  7. Jayden Sullivan - Best of luck. Hope he kills it.
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Michael Molo - Interesting. Good luck.
  11. Jack Bird
  12. Ben Murdoch - Masila - having him in the backrow and playing over 60min doesn't work.
  13. Jack de Belin - Captain! Thoroughly deserved.

14. Moses Mbye
  15. Toby Couchman
  16. Jaiyden Hunt - Gets on, runs hard and tackles hard for 10min and then seems out on his feet.
  17. Josh Kerr - We all now know he has blackmail on the coaching staff.

18. Billy Burns
  19. Max Feagai
  20. Zane Musgrove
  21. Viliami Fifita
  22. Paul Turner

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

St George Illawarra Dragons Team

1. Tyrell Sloan- give him a crack in the halves
  2. Mathew Feagai - see no improvement
  3. Moses Suli= best form since he joined
  4. Zac Lomax- starved again last round
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa- get him in the pack
  6. Talatau Amone - given a license to take on the line
  7. Jayden Sullivan - ok kid shows us what you offer at half
  8. Francis Molo - we have better starting props
  9. Jacob Liddle - run the leather this week
  10. Michael Molo - rate him but not as a prop
  11. Jack Bird - ditto to every other week, just bloody well run into the defense
  12. Ben Murdoch-Masila - our worse forward by a country mile
  13. Jack de Belin- has all been said a thousand times
  14. Moses Mbye - bad call, run the ball man
  15. Toby Couchman- a big prospect
  16. Jaiyden Hunt - needs a big one
  17. Josh Kerr - going ok, offload more.
Jack named skipper and back where he belongs. Congrats mate. Good call Carr. FO defer the call on Ryles until we see how our interim coach does for rest of the season. My say above.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The Molo brothers our new bookends while our best performing prop, Musgrove remains bogged in Ressies. How is the oversized log MM still being picked, his stats stink for someone playing his minutes.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
JDB telling it as it is when announced as Hunts skipper replacement. '' I have always seen myself as a natural leader''. Well Jack your leadership acknowledgment is way too late. Tele scribe saying the 'controversial' player has a 'tainted career'. Hang on pal Jack was acquitted of any crime, so you should have written that his career 'was incorrectly tainted'

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Unless I have missed someone Tyrell Sloan is the third best fullback line breaker behind only Dylan Edwards and James Tedesco. Not a bad stat for someone that 'rarely ever get his hands on the ball'.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Unless I have missed someone Tyrell Sloan is the third best fullback line breaker behind only Dylan Edwards and James Tedesco. Not a bad stat for someone that 'rarely ever get his hands on the ball'.
He needs time to settle in and develop , Id rather Sloan and Sullivan there , than players that are coming to the end of their playing days ........ Making mistakes will happen , missing tackles will happen , but so do the rest of the team ....... Have to be patient with them , we aint winning anything anything this year ......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Why Chris, stats say otherwise. Kerr is having his best season, averaging over 100m, the massive log, a pathetic 64m. He is lazy, clogs our back line. Sack him and pay him out.
Kerr covers the distance between the play the ball and the defence very quickly. We've seen before he's actually quite fast. The issue is that he gets to the defence and just falls over as soon as a finger is laid in him. It's unacceptable and in my view, upsets the morale of the rest of the forwards. Or if it doensn't, it should. Just my view.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Serious? Where can one see those stats? Is he least for average run metres?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
JDB telling it as it is when announced as Hunts skipper replacement. '' I have always seen myself as a natural leader''. Well Jack your leadership acknowledgment it is way too late. Tele scribe saying the 'controversial' player has a 'tainted career'. Hang on pal Jack was acquitted of any crime, so you should have written that his career 'was incorrectly tainted'
I thought Jack was suing them. What happened with that? This is surely grounds to sue again. He's been a hard and very fair player his entire career. Just because a very ill women and corrupt cops "after a big scalp" conspired against doesn't make him "tainted".

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
He needs time to settle in and develop , Id rather Sloan and Sullivan there , than players that are coming to the end of their playing days
Agree. Weather Sloan plays full back or closer in he has to be persevered with as he will win us more games than he will lose us. Ditto Amone, where ever he plays. Sully looks a natural half but needs further work on his ball skills. I was encouraged by a play he made in a recent Ressie game when he held up his pass then cleverly put Max Feagai into a yawning gap for a run away try.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Agree. Weather Sloan plays full back or closer in he has to be persevered with as he will win us more games than he will lose us. Ditto Amone, where ever he plays. Sully looks a natural half.
How much patience do you have with Sloan and Amone? I'm almost done with both. I understand especially Sloan wasn't playing for the old coach but last week was his worst game yet! That raised alarm bells for me more than anything else.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
How much patience do you have with Sloan and Amone? I'm almost done with both. I understand especially Sloan wasn't playing for the old coach but last week was his worst game yet! That raised alarm bells for me more than anything else.
Lets just give him a bit more time , then we will know for sure .......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Lets just give him a bit more time , then we will know for sure .......
Seems to me the biggest beef from some on here is his lack of desire to have the ball in his hands. I dont believe that is the case as he can be often seen sniffing round the ball carrier. The kid wants the leather in his hands as he knows he possesses ball skills. Surely so do our coaches so is up to them to relay to our halves and hooker to give him more ball when he comes sniffing.

Last edited:

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Seems to me the biggest beef from some on here is his lack of not wanting to have the ball in his hands. I dont believe that is the case as he can be often seen sniffing round the ball carrier. The kid wants the leather in his hands as he knows he possesses ball skills. Up to the coach and our offensive AC to relay to our halves and hooker to give him more ball when he comes sniffing.
Agree , my biggest concern with him , and it can be fixed , is to stop surrendering in tackles , and getting pushed back , needs to go hard into the tackle then to ground .......