Round 13: St George Illawarra Dragons vs Dolphins

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
...quicker than Smith but without his distribution skills. His acceleration catches markers napping.Needs to work on his ball in hand work, may take tips from Hunt who looks a good distributor.
To be honest, I'm not sure now much better Hunt is at hooker than Liddle. Due to the form of our 3 young spine players, I guess it doesn't matter. Hunt will be halfback for a while yet.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
We were in touch at half time, then within minutes after oranges due to our slow sliding defense and Feagai leaving his wing exposed we were out of it. Being scored against just before the break and just after is a criminal offense in footy.
I think if this team is behind at halftime, even if just one point, victory is very unlikely. Seem really unfit compared to other teams.

Eric

Staff
What a depressing state of affairs. To be honest, even Couchman was poor last night. He ran hard and I don't see why he can't play more minutes but he wasn't tackling their forwards front on. He was letting them go past and then making legs tackles. Not effective in the modern game. I still have guarded optimism. Only 19 and a big frame to put more muscle on. I think he and his brother will be very good middle forwards for a long time to come.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
This team is just such a let down. Need a massive roster overhaul. At least the coach hooked Bird. We all saw what he did for the Dolphins prop to score untouched but by the time he was hooked, I was only half watching the game. Did he do something similar? Once again, just hang an arm out and let a ball carrier run straight passed him?

I don't even blame Bird. He's being asked to play 80 in the forwards when he obviously isn't up for that. Ditto BMM. If the coach told BMM, "you are going to be on for 40~50min. 20~25min each side of halftime. Rip TF in!", I think he'd be ok. JDB also being asked to play 80min. He had a pretty bad game last night. Sin-bin was justified, he ran straight through their line and for 20m only to have the ball stolen and threw a wayward pass late in the game. But FFS, look at the work he does! He carries this pack and is being asked to do it on the middle for 80min!
Engine room Engine room Engine room, we don't have one haven't for many years now. It was sentimentally nice to see the Molo bros play together and start but just no size. The stat's show we completed at 82% but it's a No risk one out footy Dolphins 88% typical WB coached team but we ran for 300m less than they did. Our stat's suggest we should have won the game but they always looked like they had our measure. This suggests that we just don't have the individual players who can turn, close out or win a match. That is just reality of the present squad. I have always said forwards win games the backline decides by how much

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
To be honest, I'm not sure now much better Hunt is at hooker than Liddle. Due to the form of our 3 young spine players, I guess it doesn't matter. Hunt will be halfback for a while yet.
Ryan Carr said he will swapping him between half and hooker for remainder of the season. A good call.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Molo bros
Mike, who was our only forward to make 100m, out played and out ran Frank despite him being 10ks heavier. The younger also made more tackles. Still prefer he played as a back rower so we could play a couple of big boppers, Musgrove one and need to go on the market for another, Lodge or Safiti? I like Alec Tuitavake too.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Mike, who was our only forward to make 100m, out played and out ran Frank despite him being 10ks heavier. The younger also made more tackles. Still prefer he played as a back rower so we could play a couple of big boppers, Musgrove one and need to go on the market for another, Lodge or Safiti? I like Alec Tuitavake too.
Luke Thompson is another. I wonder what Musgrove did to piss everyone off so badly. He was playing well in first grade and has been killing it in reserve grade but still can't get a look in.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Luke Thompson is another. I wonder what Musgrove did to piss everyone off so badly. He was playing well in first grade and has been killing it in reserve grade but still can't get a look in.
Prop rotation of Thompson, Lawrie, Coric and ________________ would work. JDB and the Couchman brothers also part of the middle rotation.