Round 13 vs Penrith

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
As long as he is not throwing that at Hunt if they extend him. I reckon KF has more play making potential than the sook had at same age. Is already a better defender.
You would rather the club throw big money at Kyle Flanno than Hunt? I know Hunt is overrated but Kyle is lucky to be a NSW Cup standard half or 5/8. And wasn't at Canterbury where he was dropped from first grade then dropped to a bench utility in Cup.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Ty Max Mat Suli Si
Flanno Jesse
Blocka Lid Frank
Luch RFM
Jdb
Couchys BMM Tom
This will be close
Lomax when he comes back for either Feagai. I still think Lomax best serves the team at centre but he is an Origin winger now. Hunt at halfback for Flanno or Jesse. I think Jesse might offer more at 5/8 if his defence is good enough. Su'A in for RFM and RFM on the bench for BMM. I think that is about the best team. Might need to do something about Liddle not being able to play 80min but honestly, Brown isn't a good replacement hooker. I'd rather Connor. M or H. Finau.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
$3/4m in the war chest and who of any note do we have coming here in '25. We are losing local junior Zac Lomax and possibly Jack de Belin to add to the gloom. :mad:
Yep Hunt will get Lomax's money ...... This joint is becoming a joke and I'm slowly losing interest ....... Piss him off the guys trouble .......

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Agree completely but Hunt is way better than Kyle Flanno!
Agree to a point but Hunt has had 7 years with us , Kyle has had 10min with us if we compare time ....... As for way better respect your opinion but mine differs ......

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Agree to a point but Hunt has had 7 years with us , Kyle has had 10min with us if we compare time ....... As for way better respect your opinion but mine differs ......
Hunt is overrated but surely first grade standard. Kyle Flanno is not first grade standard. Why not other club wanted him until his old man signed on to coach the Dragons.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Copilot
In the recent clash between the St. George Illawarra Dragons and the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, both Ben Hunt and Kyle Flanagan showcased their defensive prowess. Let’s compare their tackle efficiency from that game:
Ben Hunt

Ben Hunt

1. Ben Hunt:
  1. Kyle Flanagan:
Based on these stats, Kyle Flanagan had a higher tackle efficiency in the last game. His solid defensive contributions played a crucial role for the Dragons. 🏉🛡️12.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:​

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Sione Finau
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Max Feagai
  5. Mathew Feagai
  6. Kyle Flanagan
  7. Jesse Marschke
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Jack de Belin
  11. Luciano Leilua
  12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  13. Tom Eisenhuth
  14. Blake Lawrie
  15. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  16. Toby Couchman
  17. Ryan Couchman
  18. Fa’amanu Brown
Better but good old Flanno throwing Marschke into the hot seat rather than Kyle. Who could have guessed? Oh, that's right, I did this morning.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Copilot
In the recent clash between the St. George Illawarra Dragons and the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, both Ben Hunt and Kyle Flanagan showcased their defensive prowess. Let’s compare their tackle efficiency from that game:
Ben Hunt

Ben Hunt

1. Ben Hunt:
  2. Kyle Flanagan:
Based on these stats, Kyle Flanagan had a higher tackle efficiency in the last game. His solid defensive contributions played a crucial role for the Dragons. 🏉🛡️12.
Played a crucial role? They got flogged by the Bulldogs!

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hunt is overrated but surely first grade standard. Kyle Flanno is not first grade standard. Why not other club wanted him until his old man signed on to coach the Dragons.
Mate I really don't think he is as bad as most think , yea until we find someone to replace him and Hunt .......

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
They were both very bad. Problem for me is, when has Kyle had a good game? For us or any of his previous 3 clubs.
I do agree with you , not saying Kyle is a super star far from it , but if you look at those games we lost Hunt is really no better , last game his tackle efficiency was worse than Kyles , and when we do win Hunt does stand out because everything goes to him ....... I am really pissed off if they extend Hunts contract ...... Should have been stripped of the captaincy before the season started ....... Anyway that's on Flanno ........

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I do agree with you , not saying Kyle is a super star far from it , but if you look at those games we lost Hunt is really no better , last game his tackle efficiency was worse than Kyles , and when we do win Hunt does stand out because everything goes to him ....... I am really pissed off if they extend Hunts contract ...... Should have been stripped of the captaincy before the season started ....... Anyway that's on Flanno ........
I agree with that but if Hunt was released by the club today, how long do you think it'd take another club to pick hom up?

Kyle was on the NRL scrapheap. No one was making an offer for his services until his old man stepped in. There is no shame not being an NRL player. I'm not either. It just pisses me off that his dad really wants him to be a NRL player and is using the Dragons for it.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I agree with that but if Hunt was released by the club today, how long do you think it'd take another club to pick hom up?

Kyle was on the NRL scrapheap. No one was making an offer for his services until his old man stepped in. There is no shame not being an NRL player. I'm not either. It just pisses me off that his dad really wants him to be a NRL player and is using the Dragons for it.
Lets hope we start to attract players next year and they can both go ........

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Lets hope we start to attract players next year and they can both go ........
I think Hunt has value as a hooker. I'd be looking to make Su'A captain and play Hunt at hooker for his final year. Su'A has just re-signed long-term, still only mid 20s, plays 80min. Why not make him captain? Lomax would've been my first choice but.....