Round 15: St George Illawarra Dragons vs South Sydney Rabbitohs

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
De Belin out due to concussion. I hoped Couchman would move in to take his place but BMM in the starting team again. What kind of compromising material does he have on the coaching staff?

Dragons team:​

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Jayden Sullivan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Michael Molo
  11. Billy Burns
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Ben Murdoch-Masila

14. Moses Mbye
  15. Jaiyden Hunt
  16. Josh Kerr
  17. Zane Musgrove

18. Talatau Amone
  19. Toby Couchman
  20. Tautau Moga
  21. Jack Bird
  22. Blake Lawrie

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Tyrell Sloan - Last chance?
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Jayden Sullivan - He deserves a chance in front of Amone. I think it might become permanent.
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Michael Molo
  11. Billy Burns
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Ben Murdoch-Masila - Why?

14. Moses Mbye
  15. Jaiyden Hunt
  16. Josh Kerr
  17. Zane Musgrove - Glad he is getting another chance. Not sure why he was dropped to start with.

18. Talatau Amone
  19. Toby Couchman
  20. Tautau Moga
  21. Jack Bird - Good. Learn to tackle in reserve grade and then come back.
  22. Blake Lawrie - Hold the phone. I wonder of Musgrove is going to be recalled after all.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
De Belin out due to concussion. I hoped Couchman would move in to take his place but BMM in the starting team again. What kind of compromising material does he have on the coaching staff?

Dragons team:​

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Mathew Feagai
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Jayden Sullivan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Michael Molo
  11. Billy Burns
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Ben Murdoch-Masila

14. Moses Mbye
  15. Jaiyden Hunt
  16. Josh Kerr
  17. Zane Musgrove

18. Talatau Amone
  19. Toby Couchman
  20. Tautau Moga
  21. Jack Bird
  22. Blake Lawrie
3 props on the bench, first time this season. Be interesting to see how it works. If I was the coach of the opposition I'd be planning to play in the middle 3rd of the paddock. JDB is a big loss so is Mitchell for them plus Murray and Arrow which evens it up. Should be a good game.

Reactions: QDF

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
3 props on the bench, first time this season. Be interesting to see how it works. If I was the coach of the opposition I'd be planning to play in the middle 3rd of the paddock. JDB is a big loss so is Mitchell for them plus Murray and Arrow which evens it up. Should be a good game.
I didn't look at their team but I guess this means we have a chance.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I didn't look at their team but I guess this means we have a chance.
I thought so it would appear we will be keeping it tight depends if we can shut down Walker before they start to throw the ball out the back. Worried about the edge defence MM. The punters are betting on Souths to win by a minimum of 20 but I think that it will be much closer than that

Eric

Staff
I thought so it would appear we will be keeping it tight depends if we can shut down Walker before they start to throw the ball out the back. Worried about the edge defence MM. The punters are betting on Souths to win by a minimum of 20 but I think that it will be much closer than that
Do you have any idea why BMM keeps getting picked? Am I missing something others are seeing in his game?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Do you have any idea why BMM keeps getting picked? Am I missing something others are seeing in his game?
He can be damaging but he isn't fit enough and fades in and out of games for such a big unit he's not 1st grade standard in any starting 13, avg 6. 75 runs for 63m a game, so he does get about 9m a hit up but his work rate is poor. Defensively avg 21 tackles misses about 2 so those stat's are OK. He'd be a bench player at best for me

Eric

Staff
He can be damaging but he isn't fit enough and fades in and out of games for such a big unit he's not 1st grade standard in any starting 13, avg 6. 75 runs for 63m a game, so he does get about 9m a hit up but his work rate is poor. Defensively avg 21 tackles misses about 2 so those stat's are OK. He'd be a bench player at best for me
So I'm not missing anything. That's pretty much what I thought. Just not sure why he keeps getting more and more chances. I'd definitely have Couchman in ahead of him.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Jack de Belin (concussion) is out with Ben Murdoch-Masila named at lock. Zane Musgrove comes onto the bench, while Jack Bird (rested) and Blake Lawrie (hand) will bid to return via the reserves.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So I'm not missing anything. That's pretty much what I thought. Just not sure why he keeps getting more and more chances. I'd definitely have Couchman in ahead of him.
Size we need size in the pack otherwise we have a small mobile engine room and that hasn't proven to be a successful recipe

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
No idea why Griffin dropped him either.
I can only guess the theory is that it's hard for a 19 year-old to play in the forwards. He needs a rest in order to facilitate bigger and better things in the future.
Leave him in Ressies.
Yep. At least until his tackling improves a lot.
Needs to take command from dummy half.
He's just not a natural dummy half. Tackles well enough but lacks good dummy half service and instincts of when to run and when to pass.
How the hell has he not been dropped.
His stats were pretty good last week. I think all those tries down his side are as much as Suli rushing up as anything.