Round 15: St George Illawarra v Manly

Eric

Staff
Will be a hard game but should be very winnable. Apart from Bird and Sele the team is at full strength and I think the team is better off without both. Manly on the other hand are missing their best player, T. Trbojevic. The speed of their outside backs compared to ours is laughable in their favour. It's going to be rainy on Friday and Saturday but sunny on Sunday so I guess by the time the game starts, the field will have dried out, which is a worry. Just my views.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Will be a hard game but should be very winnable. Apart from Bird and Sele the team is at full strength and I think the team is better off without both. Manly on the other hand are missing their best player, T. Trbojevic. The speed of their outside backs compared to ours is laughable in their favour. It's going to be rainy on Friday and Saturday but sunny on Sunday so I guess by the time the game starts, the field will have dried out, which is a worry. Just my views.
Our back 5 are slower but not worse. Biggest mismatch is the halves. But our forwards might have the edge over thiers and that even up the halves mismatch a bit.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Haumole Olakau’atu is a possibility to miss the game. Which would be a huge plus for us. I rate Olakau’atu.
If we beat them on their turf Flanno is on his way to building a good team next year physically and mentally ....... If they get smashed (the way its been going this year we are due ) then its back to the drawing board ........

Eric

Staff
If we beat them on their turf Flanno is on his way to building a good team next year physically and mentally ....... If they get smashed (the way its been going this year we are due ) then its back to the drawing board ........
Why do you say that? I hope you're right but not so sure. Why was Finau dropped for Feagai who according to news I've read, won't be at the club next year?And to make matters worse, Buchanon, after a huge game in the NSW Cup, was dropped in order for the winger Finau to play in the centres in Cup. Does that make sense to you? Because it doesn't for me.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Why do you say that? I hope you're right but not so sure. Why was Finau dropped for Feagai who according to news I've read, won't be at the club next year?And to make matters worse, Buchanon, after a huge game in the NSW Cup, was dropped in order for the winger Finau to play in the centres in Cup. Does that make sense to you? Because it doesn't for me.
Strange. He's probably smug after that big win against crisis stricken, wooden-spoon winning, basket case. He's probably trying to extend Kyle Flanno on a 1 mil a year deal.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Zac Lomax
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Max Feagai
  5. Mathew Feagai
  6. Kyle Flanagan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Jack de Belin
  11. Luciano Leilua
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Tom Eisenhuth
  14. Blake Lawrie
  15. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  17. Toby Couchman

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
It doesn't make sense as you say all I'm saying is if they can pull off a win at Brooky , then something is changing slowly and with some new signing next year we could be on the rise ....... Not sure with his selections with the young guys maybe he has players coming next year and they won't be there or playing ....... Who knows with this club ........ ?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

Dragons team:

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Zac Lomax
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Max Feagai
  5. Mathew Feagai
  6. Kyle Flanagan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Jack de Belin
  11. Luciano Leilua
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Tom Eisenhuth
  14. Blake Lawrie
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  17. Toby Couchman
What happened to Marschke? Has Flanno dropped him? So desperate for their not to be any pressure on Kyle? Has too much beer damaged his brain and he can't remember what happened without a utility on the bench a few weeks ago?

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
What happened to Marschke? Has Flanno dropped him? So desperate for their not to be any pressure on Kyle? Has too much beer damaged his brain and he can't remember what happened without a utility on the bench a few weeks ago?
I'm sure I read somewhere the Dolphins where interested in him ....... He should be on the bench , so when Liddle needs a rest he can go into the halves while Hunt or Flanno go to 9 .........

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I'm sure I read somewhere the Dolphins where interested in him ....... He should be on the bench , so when Liddle needs a rest he can go into the halves while Hunt or Flanno go to 9 .........
Whatever anyone thinks of Kyle Flanno as a 5/8 and Marschke, Marschke played better in his one game in the halves than Kyle in his 13 games there.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Whatever anyone thinks of Kyle Flanno as a 5/8 and Marschke, Marschke played better in his one game in the halves than Kyle in his 13 games there.
Mate you really don't like him do you ....... The guy hasn't been that bad , he is only filling in at the moment and if you think of it how much better was Amone after his 3 seasons ? Hopefully we sign a new 6, 7 ........

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Mate you really don't like him do you ....... The guy hasn't been that bad , he is only filling in at the moment and if you think of it how much better was Amone after his 3 seasons ? Hopefully we sign a new 6, 7 ........
As a starting 5/8 in the Dragons NRL team, I hate him with a passion. He's not NRL standard. Every other club thought it until his dad signed with the Dragons and signed him. I hate how his dad is seemingly doing all he can to prevent any competition for his spot. Brought in a 26 year-old rookie and then that rookie plays better in his one game than Kyle has in his 13. So what does Kyle's dad do? Of course drops Marschke! Doesn't it piss everyone off? You think there are no doube standards for Kyle and for everyone else?

He has had a few shockers but not a single really good game. He's been ok in a few games. Last week and I think in round 1. But just being ok against very weak teams isn't good enough!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

Dragons team:

1. Tyrell Sloan
  2. Zac Lomax
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Max Feagai
  5. Mathew Feagai
  6. Kyle Flanagan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Francis Molo
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Jack de Belin
  11. Luciano Leilua
  12. Jaydn Su’A
  13. Tom Eisenhuth
  14. Blake Lawrie
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila
  17. Toby Couchman
Same team as last week, makes sense as only a fool changes a winning side.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
My take is all Flanagan is doing by picking and sticking with the Feigais is to protect his buddie Birds spot. As soon as Bird has recovered he will dump Max back to Ressies but will also keep Matt, depriving Sione of further valuable top game development.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The guy hasn't been that bad
Agree. Has been consistently steady, rather than good, in offense and defense. Had his best game last week, so there is hope he will now come good and convince BOD that we dont need Hunt after this season. Meanwhile, as Illusion Illusion and I keep imploring, we need to be scouting for another set of long term halves, either at home or outside.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
My take is all Flanagan is doing by picking and sticking with the Feigais is to protect his buddie Birds spot. Had he retained Sione, which everyone says he shud've, he'd have had to switch Zac back to centre, the position where he cemented his Dragons career. As soon as Bird has recovered he will dump Max back to Ressies but will also keep Matt, depriving Sione of further valuable top game development.
💯

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Agree. Has been consistently steady, rather than good, in offense and defense. Had his best game last week, so there is hope he will now come good and convince BOD that we dont need Hunt after this season. Meanwhile, as Illusion Illusion and I keep imploring, we need to be scouting for another set of long term halves, either at home or outside.
💯 A set of.