Eric

Staff
Hmmmm Not bad players but Vaughan was well passed his best and McInnes wanted too much money. Wasn't worth it. But signing Macca BEFORE McInnes was injured was a crime even though due to the injury, it worked out.
It worked out last year. McInnes bad luck was good for the coach. McCullough is on the books next year as well! That's 'a crime'. Everyone except Griffin can see he's no longer first grade standard.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Wasn't worth it.
I disagree.. he was our current skipper, his dummy half sniping gave us plenty of scoring chances and his defense was faultless. Was even developing a handy kicking game too. Am betting he was on far less than Ben Hunt. So who do you think was the better value for money of the two? I know my answer. As for comparing the two Macs, no comparison..a rabbit versus a tortoise.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
does anyone believe they are going to be competitive on a regular basis with the Macca-Mbye hooking duo?
Plus the halves combo of Hunt and Amone. These two are Jekyll and Hyde together.. as bad as Widdop and Marshall. I do have faith that Junior will develop into a quality running 5/8 with some ball skills.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I disagree.. he was our current skipper, his dummy half sniping gave us plenty of scoring chances and his defense was faultless. Was even developing a handy kicking game too. Am betting he was on far less than Ben Hunt. So who do you think was the better value for money of the two? I know my answer. As for comparing the two Macs, no comparison..a rabbit versus a tortoise.
He's better than Macca. No doubt at all. A lot of people were unhappy with his passing from dummy half.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin just keeps going down the same road with his selections. JBD is one of the comps best ball playing locks.. he is not a prop. Blind Fredie can see that Macca is finished, Hunt is not worth the squillions he is paid and is in the wrong position, Bird is a dud in any position, McGuire is past it.. his defense is shoddy. Mbye has been thrust into the vital utility role and is doing a pretty good job of work in positions he has filled imo. Coach's only saving grace selection wise.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin just keeps going down the same road with his selections. JBD is one of the comps best locks.. is not a prop. Blind Fredie can see that Macca is finished, Hunt is not worth the squillions he is paid, Bird is a dud in any position, McGuire is past it.. his defense is shoddy. Mbye has been thrust into the vital utility role and is doing a pretty good job of work in positions he has filled imo. Coach's only saving grace selection wise.
Mbye is a good utility player. Not a good hooker.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well another head scratcher JDB at prop and Lawrie starting, it's nonsensical, their back 3 unfortunately leave our back 3 apart from Sua for dead, that is where they will win the game im afraid on the edges. Unless the coach has a change of heart with our starting props we just will not have the necessary go forward again. Our backs match up well on a more positive note.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Well another head scratcher JDB at prop and Lawrie starting, it's nonsensical, their back 3 unfortunately leave our back 3 apart from Sua for dead, that is where they will win the game im afraid on the edges. Unless the coach has a change of heart with our starting props we just will not have the necessary go forward again. Our backs match up well on a more positive note.
Final team confirmed?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Yeh. Looks at home in the halves, fullback but does not look at home as hooker. Has he ever played there before.
Tigers tried him at hooker but stopped after a few games. Because they have superstar hookers on the books. At least I guess they do. Why else would they not want hIm?

Eric

Staff
Head scratcher is one way to say it. I'd call it illogical

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I also rate Bird as a utility player.
Playing where RedV01 RedV01 We have seen his earth shattering work at 5/8. He does not have a clue. Is too slow for the three quarters. Can you see him at fullback or hooker. So if not in the spine or backrow where do we put him. He was a dud when he first played for us and still is. Keeping him and McCullogh in Firsts defies belief.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Playing where RedV01 RedV01 We have seen his earth shattering work at 5/8. He does not have a clue. Is too slow for the three quarters. Can you see him at fullback or hooker. So if not in the spine or backrow where do we put him. He was a dud when he first played for us and still is. Keeping him and McCullogh in Firsts defies belief.
Injury cover, coming on in the forwards if there's no injury. Definitely not starting in the forwards when energy levels are high.