jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Interesting to watch the replay I've been banging on about protecting our playmaker Hunt in the defensive line. We'll in 1st half he was next to Bird which isn't so good as Bird misses far too many tackles, 5 tonight. However in 2nd half it was Sua. So the uptake of that was instead of missing 5 tackles Hunt missed 1. Glad the coach is viewing this forum and learning. The 2 tries in the 2nd half was as a result of lazy on line defence firstly by Woods who missed 3 tackles and secondly by Sims who was defending in a different position and failed to cover the inside pass. So work needs to be done in that area. 3 forwards ran for the required 100m plus Lawrie an amazing 206m JDB and F Molo 101m each.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Who was the member bagging Lawrie as a poor starting prop. I reckon he has put that misjudgement to bed after this performance. I have always rated this bloke due to his passion.
I was one but don't get me wrong. I was explicit in saying he isn't a good starting prop. To come on after 20min I think highlights his strengths. He doesn't have the same impact as the top props but he has better stamina than most. So bring him on after 20min and leave him on. Possibly for the rest of the game. My opinion hasn't changed.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I was one but don't get me wrong. I was explicit in saying he isn't a good starting prop. To come on after 20min I think highlights his strengths. He doesn't have the same impact as the top props but he has better stamina than most. So bring him on after 20min and leave him on. Possibly for the rest of the game. My opinion hasn't changed.
You make a fair point. Yes leave him on, as you say he has good stamina. But if he can make 200m play him at any time. Also play JDB for full 80. He is in career best form imo. Hope Freddie sees this and gives him a crack in SOO. Only way he'll get a Kangaroo jumper.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I like Suli's enthusiasm, power and speed for a big man. Also showed his ability with that snatch from Hunt bomb to score. But someone please tell him to stop propping back into the defense almost every time he gets the leather.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
You make a fair point. Yes leave him on, as you say he has good stamina. Also play JDB for full 80. He is in career best form imo. Hope Freddie sees this and gives him a crack in SOO. Only way he'll get a Kangaroo jumper.
I'm a big JDB fan but he goes so hard when he is on, I don't think he can play 80min. I like him on for 60min. A 10min break both sides of halftime.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Who was the member bagging Lawrie as a poor starting prop. I reckon he has put that misjudgement to bed after this performance. I have always rated this bloke due to his passion. A former Junior Kangaroo too.
Me It was me. As someone else said 1 game doesn't make a season. I stick by my assessment of Lawrie. I did say I would always have him in my team because he tries so very hard but he is a bench player for me that would be a good impact forward. If you watch last night's replay the players were wearing a new indigenous jersey no hiding how unfit players are. I would suggest Bird is 5kg too heavy and Lawrie 7 to 10kg. I still say we need 2 big boppers at prop. Perhaps next season Justin Hunt will be ready for NRL I liked his effort in the Charity Shield game.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Me It was me. As someone else said 1 game doesn't make a season. I stick by my assessment of Lawrie. I did say I would always have him in my team because he tries so very hard but he is a bench player for me that would be a good impact forward. If you watch last night's replay the players were wearing a new indigenous jersey no hiding how unfit players are. I would suggest Bird is 5kg too heavy and Lawrie 7 to 10kg. I still say we need 2 big boppers at prop. Perhaps next season Justin Hunt will be ready for NRL I liked his effort in the Charity Shield game.
Lawrie is already on the small side for a front rower. He needs to play with his present weight. Ditto for Bird if he wants to continue in the forwards.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Rabbits lifted their energy levels after oranges, dominated possession. Disappointing we did not go on with it in second 40 mins.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Lawrie 7 to 10kg.
Yes agree Block is carrying a bit of a paunch. Did not stop him rampaging 200 mts tho. Is now our biggest metre eater.. jumping Molo. No slacker in defense either with 35 tackles.. one stopping a bulldozing Burgess close to the line. He and JBD belted anyone that moved.

Last edited:

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Yes agree Block is carrying a bit of a paunch. Did not stop him rampaging 200 mts tho. Is now our biggest metre eater.. jumping Molo. No slacker in defense either with 35 tackles.. one stopping a bulldozing Burgess close to the line. He and JBD belted anyone that moved.
JDB belts anyone who moves on principle.

Lets see Lawrie back it up.