Player ratings:
  1. Tyrell Sloan - 3/10- 6
  2. Mathew Feagai 2/10-sack him
  3. Moses Suli 4/10- put him on our edge
  4. Zac Lomax 6/10- put him at the back
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa 3/10-move to middle pack
  6. Jayden Sullivan 5/10 -yet to convince me is better than Amone
  7. Ben Hunt 5/10 - 3-sack him
  8. Francis Molo 5/10- has improved since being dropped.
  9. Jacob Liddle 5/10 - has gone backwards since being dropped.
  10. Blake Lawrie 5/10- 6
  11. Jack Bird 2/10- sack him
  12. Jaydn Su’A 5/10
  13. Jack de Belin 7/10- 9- make him skipper

14. Talatau Amone 4/10- being given too few minutes to impress or not.
  15. Michael Molo 5/10
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila 4/10-sack him
  17. Zane Musgrove 4/10 - 5
Cant comment as dont have game day stats as Fox page remains down for some reason. But Sloan score harsh as he was the only back that looked to threaten the defense, Had three line breaks, scored a brilliant solo try, had a hand in one other. As for his defense which some here keep rubbishing he has only missed 20 tackles in 15 games and made 59. He is now safe under the bomb. Still reckon his future lies in a ball playing position.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Cant comment as dont have stats as Fox page remains down for some reason. But Sloan score harsh as he was the only back that looked to threaten the defense, Had three line breaks, scored a brilliant solo try, had a hand in one other. As for his defense which some here keep rubbishing he has only missed 20 tackles in 15 games and made 59. He is now safe under the bomb. Still reckon his future lies in a ball playing position.
Sloan is a hard one. In the first half with ball in hand and some room to move, he looked very dangerous. In the second half he went missing again except when failing to take bombs and missing tackles.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
My rating is that 6 is average.
  1. Tyrell Sloan - 4/10
  2. Mathew Feagai 1/10 (that was like a black comedy. DWZ is not a really good player. As evidenced by the fact he had never gotten a hat-trick before let alone 4)
  3. Moses Suli 3/10 (transition to the forwards or run straight and hard in NSW Cup)
  4. Zac Lomax 6/10
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa 3/10
  6. Jayden Sullivan 5/10
  7. Ben Hunt 4/10
  8. Francis Molo 4/10
  9. Jacob Liddle 4/10
  10. Blake Lawrie 5/10
  11. Jack Bird 1/10 (a second rower simply cannot miss those tackles that Bird has been consistently missing for 2 years)
  12. Jaydn Su’A 6/10
  13. Jack de Belin 8/10 (one man band again. Think he played for the full 80 min in the middle. He runs and makes metres, passes a lot, tackles a lot and very effectively. No mistakes. Deserves much more accolades.)

14. Talatau Amone 3/10
  15. Michael Molo 5/10 (better than his brother.)
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila 3/10 (Jackson Ford had a blinder..........)
  17. Zane Musgrove 4/10

Eric

Staff
I didn't watch the last 10min. Had seen enough. But from the first 70.
  1. Tyrell Sloan - 2/10
  2. Mathew Feagai 1/10 Would the team have been better off if he was sent off in the first minute?
  3. Moses Suli 4/10
  4. Zac Lomax 6/10
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa 3/10
  6. Jayden Sullivan 5/10
  7. Ben Hunt 4/10
  8. Francis Molo 4/10
  9. Jacob Liddle 4/10
  10. Blake Lawrie 4/10
  11. Jack Bird 2/10
  12. Jaydn Su’A 5/10
  13. Jack de Belin 7/10 Best of a bad lot, again, but that doesn't mean he was really good. 8 is a little generous but that's just my view.

14. Talatau Amone 3/10
  15. Michael Molo 5/10
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila 3/10 Made one good run on the edge and was then manhandled and dragged back 10m in his next run.
  17. Zane Musgrove 4/10
Within 2 years need to build a team from scratch around JDB, Sullivan, Lomax, Su'A. Lawrie, Sloan and Amone may or may not be part of it. I think especially Amone is not. Both Couchmans and Coric to play in the middle next year. So need another backrower who plays 80min. Bird might make it as an interchange utility but there is definitely no place for him in the starting team.

There are a few good, young halves in the lower grades. Hopefully one will be a good halfback. Then we need another centre to partner Zac and 2 wingers who can run faster than the average prop, as we don't have now. Sione Finau and Tamale and promising prospects. And there have been wraps on the 2 Flegg centres, Johnson and Watchiers for a while.

Hooker is a problem but I think with some decent go-forward from the middles, Liddle is ok with Bird giving him a rest for 15-20min each game.

In conclusion, even though things are looking really dark now, I think there is reason for optimism. Need to get rid of Ben Hunt immediately! I wonder what jodragon40 jodragon40 thinks about this.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I didn't watch the last 10min. Had seen enough. But from the first 70.
  1. Tyrell Sloan - 2/10
  2. Mathew Feagai 1/10 Would the team have been better off if he was sent off in the first minute?
  3. Moses Suli 4/10
  4. Zac Lomax 6/10
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa 3/10
  6. Jayden Sullivan 5/10
  7. Ben Hunt 4/10
  8. Francis Molo 4/10
  9. Jacob Liddle 4/10
  10. Blake Lawrie 4/10
  11. Jack Bird 2/10
  12. Jaydn Su’A 5/10
  13. Jack de Belin 7/10 Best of a bad lot, again, but that doesn't mean he was really good. 8 is a little generous but that's just my view.

14. Talatau Amone 3/10
  15. Michael Molo 5/10
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila 3/10 Made one good run on the edge and was then manhandled and dragged back 10m in his next run.
  17. Zane Musgrove 4/10
Within 2 years need to build a team from scratch around JDB, Sullivan, Lomax, Su'A. Lawrie, Sloan and Amone may or may not be part of it. I think especially Amone is not. Both Couchmans and Coric to play in the middle next year. So need another backrower who plays 80min. Bird might make it as an interchange utility but there is definitely no place for him in the starting team.

There are a few good, young halves in the lower grades. Hopefully one will be a good halfback. Then we need another centre to partner Zac and 2 wingers who can run faster than the average prop, as we don't have now. Sione Finau and Tamale and promising prospects. And there have been wraps on the 2 Flegg centres, Johnson and Watchiers for a while.

Hooker is a problem but I think with some decent go-forward from the middles, Liddle is ok with Bird giving him a rest for 15-20min each game.

In conclusion, even though things are looking really dark now, I think there is reason for optimism. Need to get rid of Ben Hunt immediately! I wonder what jodragon40 jodragon40 thinks about this.
What I think? OK here it goes. My personal view if you try and build a team based on our current so called young rising stars then we are in for many more years of misery.
Sloan- Positive: His attacking game and positioning is slowly developing, has speed to burn and glides across the ground always a chance of scoring a try on a regular basis behind a go forward pack.
Negative - His defence is not 1st grade standard. He misses too many 1 on 1 tackles because of his poor technique and cannot organise the defensive line. Not in my run on team because of his defensive liability. No use scoring a try every game which he is capable of then letting in 2 or 3 tries.
Sullivan - Positive - Like his speed, plays eyes up football, good step can also score a try out of nothing.
Negative - Defence, he does try hard and his stat's show avg 17 misses 2 a game. Problem is that the opposition direct their big edge forwards at him which negates his attacking prowess. Doesn't possess the game to manage the team or close a game out.
Amone - Positives- Not many since his incident also possesses a good step and has the ability to score a try.
Negative - Defensively again not 1st grade standard. Has had his chance to cement his spot but is too inconsistent and again doesn't possess the game to manage the team around the park or close out a game.
JDB- Positives - Tries hard need more like him beautiful tackling technique avg 43 tackles misses 1.7 God I wish we had more like him.
Negatives - His age probably has 2 more seasons in him so you can't build a team around him. Because of his defensive rate nullifies his attacking and linking with the halves.

Flanagan has his hands full because in reality he needs to rebuild a new spine. He needs to attract a playmaker to take over from Hunt. He needs to be vicious and remove the ageing forwards who can no longer be competitive such as Bird, his defence was awful once again yesterday and he is always targeted by the opposition. Lawrie tries hard just like the Molo brothers but lack the size and go forward as we saw last night against the Warriors pack. So we need to attract or develop 2 big bodied bookends.

The clean out must start from the boardroom down. So the board needs a better balance between business oriented people and people with footballing background and administration. The CEO and Manager of Football do not possess the skill set or experience required to manage the football arm of the business and must go to be replaced by tried and respected administrators that have the necessary knowledge and connections in the RL community to attract the necessary players to make us competitive again. It is extremely important that these new administrators assist the coaching staff in making positive changes to our current I'll discipline and culture.

Very long winded response but just my views.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
In the second half
Like in many games this season, this is when our fitness wanes, our go forward dries up and our error count rises. So attacking players like Sloan, Lomax, Liddle are hamstrung without the ball. The less ball they have the more they have to defend. I blame our middle for much of our defensive woes as they are so slow in cutting down any dummy half break aways. We missed 33 tackles , betting most were at the ruck.

st george tragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Totally agree with everything you said. Poor Flano has an impossible job. I can't see much improvement for many years. What outside players would want to come to this embarrassing club. I am totally deflated after last night. I actually picked them in my tips thinking they may just do it for Jack.