SGI NSW Cup
  1. Tyrell Sloan - 6
  2. Mathew Feagai -2 -sack him
  3. Moses Suli -4- put him on our edge
  4. Zac Lomax -6- put him at the back
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa - 3 -move to middle pack
  6. Jayden Sullivan 4 - yet to convince me is better than Amone
  7. Ben Hunt - 3 - sack him
  8. Francis Molo 5 - has improved since being dropped.
  9. Jacob Liddle 5 - has gone backwards since being dropped.
  10. Blake Lawrie - 6
  11. Jack Bird - 2- sack him
  12. Jaydn Su’A - 5
  13. Jack de Belin - 9- make him skipper

14. Talatau Amone -4- too few minutes to impress or not.
  15. Michael Molo - 5
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila -4-sack him
  17. Zane Musgrove - 5

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
  1. Tyrell Sloan - 6
  2. Mathew Feagai -2 -sack him
  3. Moses Suli -4- put him on our edge
  4. Zac Lomax -6- put him at the back
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa - 3 -move to middle pack
  6. Jayden Sullivan 4 - yet to convince me is better than Amone
  7. Ben Hunt - 3 - sack him
  8. Francis Molo 5 - has improved since being dropped.
  9. Jacob Liddle 5 - has gone backwards since being dropped.
  10. Blake Lawrie - 6
  11. Jack Bird - 2- sack him
  12. Jaydn Su’A - 5
  13. Jack de Belin - 9- make him skipper

14. Talatau Amone -4- too few minutes to impress or not.
  15. Michael Molo - 5
  16. Ben Murdoch-Masila -4-sack him
  17. Zane Musgrove - 5
Sloan 6? You are way too generous. Totally agree regarding Feagai, Bird, Suli and Rava.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
No use scoring a try every game which he is capable of then letting in 2 or 3 tries.
Has missed 20 tackles from 15 games, so where are the missed 2/3 tackles each game that bring tries. His defensive intent is on the improve, that is a positive as is Amones, rattled a big #15 with a beauty late in the game.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Sloan 6? You are way too generous.
Topped the line busts, running metres, scored a brilliant solo try and had a hand in another. And a surprising stat that debunks claims he does not show ball in hand intent, with 50 tackle busts for the season. More than the bigger Fegai and Suli. Imagine his impact with more bulk on his frame.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
What I think? OK here it goes. My personal view if you try and build a team based on our current so called young rising stars then we are in for many more years of misery.
Sloan- Positive: His attacking game and positioning is slowly developing, has speed to burn and glides across the ground always a chance of scoring a try on a regular basis behind a go forward pack.
Negative - His defence is not 1st grade standard. He misses too many 1 on 1 tackles because of his poor technique and cannot organise the defensive line. Not in my run on team because of his defensive liability. No use scoring a try every game which he is capable of then letting in 2 or 3 tries.
Sullivan - Positive - Like his speed, plays eyes up football, good step can also score a try out of nothing.
Negative - Defence, he does try hard and his stat's show avg 17 misses 2 a game. Problem is that the opposition direct their big edge forwards at him which negates his attacking prowess. Doesn't possess the game to manage the team or close a game out.
Amone - Positives- Not many since his incident also possesses a good step and has the ability to score a try.
Negative - Defensively again not 1st grade standard. Has had his chance to cement his spot but is too inconsistent and again doesn't possess the game to manage the team around the park or close out a game.
JDB- Positives - Tries hard need more like him beautiful tackling technique avg 43 tackles misses 1.7 God I wish we had more like him.
Negatives - His age probably has 2 more seasons in him so you can't build a team around him. Because of his defensive rate nullifies his attacking and linking with the halves.

Flanagan has his hands full because in reality he needs to rebuild a new spine. He needs to attract a playmaker to take over from Hunt. He needs to be vicious and remove the ageing forwards who can no longer be competitive such as Bird, his defence was awful once again yesterday and he is always targeted by the opposition. Lawrie tries hard just like the Molo brothers but lack the size and go forward as we saw last night against the Warriors pack. So we need to attract or develop 2 big bodied bookends.

The clean out must start from the boardroom down. So the board needs a better balance between business oriented people and people with footballing background and administration. The CEO and Manager of Football do not possess the skill set or experience required to manage the football arm of the business and must go to be replaced by tried and respected administrators that have the necessary knowledge and connections in the RL community to attract the necessary players to make us competitive again. It is extremely important that these new administrators assist the coaching staff in making positive changes to our current I'll discipline and culture.

Very long winded response but just my views.
That's an excellent summary!!

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Totally agree with everything you said. Poor Flano has an impossible job. I can't see much improvement for many years. What outside players would want to come to this embarrassing club. I am totally deflated after last night. I actually picked them in my tips thinking they may just do it for Jack.
Who do you agree with?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
But he doesnt that is fact. Missed 20 tackles from 15 games, so where are the missed 2/3 tackles each game that bring tries. His defensive intent is on the improve, that is a positive as is Amones, rattled a big #15 with a beauty late in the game.
Front line players should stop so many line breaks but the ease with which he is beaten when he's the last line of defence is not good enough. Defence and and the confidence to take bombs are things which can be taught. He needs to learn in NSW Cup IMO.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Has missed 20 tackles from 15 games, so where are the missed 2/3 tackles each game that bring tries. His defensive intent is on the improve, that is a positive as is Amones, rattled a big #15 with a beauty late in the game.
Just my views in attack would have him but he just isn't up to 1st grade standard of a fullback when it comes to organising the defensive structures, moving players in the front line and his positional play in our red zone. Watch last nights game he was out of position or missed a tackle in at least 4 tries. It's just not good enough and nobody expects him to clean up at the back when the front line is beaten, which is far too often. Hopefully he will develop

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
What I think? OK here it goes. My personal view if you try and build a team based on our current so called young rising stars then we are in for many more years of misery.
Sloan- Positive: His attacking game and positioning is slowly developing, has speed to burn and glides across the ground always a chance of scoring a try on a regular basis behind a go forward pack.
Negative - His defence is not 1st grade standard. He misses too many 1 on 1 tackles because of his poor technique and cannot organise the defensive line. Not in my run on team because of his defensive liability. No use scoring a try every game which he is capable of then letting in 2 or 3 tries.
Sullivan - Positive - Like his speed, plays eyes up football, good step can also score a try out of nothing.
Negative - Defence, he does try hard and his stat's show avg 17 misses 2 a game. Problem is that the opposition direct their big edge forwards at him which negates his attacking prowess. Doesn't possess the game to manage the team or close a game out.
Amone - Positives- Not many since his incident also possesses a good step and has the ability to score a try.
Negative - Defensively again not 1st grade standard. Has had his chance to cement his spot but is too inconsistent and again doesn't possess the game to manage the team around the park or close out a game.
JDB- Positives - Tries hard need more like him beautiful tackling technique avg 43 tackles misses 1.7 God I wish we had more like him.
Negatives - His age probably has 2 more seasons in him so you can't build a team around him. Because of his defensive rate nullifies his attacking and linking with the halves.

Flanagan has his hands full because in reality he needs to rebuild a new spine. He needs to attract a playmaker to take over from Hunt. He needs to be vicious and remove the ageing forwards who can no longer be competitive such as Bird, his defence was awful once again yesterday and he is always targeted by the opposition. Lawrie tries hard just like the Molo brothers but lack the size and go forward as we saw last night against the Warriors pack. So we need to attract or develop 2 big bodied bookends.

The clean out must start from the boardroom down. So the board needs a better balance between business oriented people and people with footballing background and administration. The CEO and Manager of Football do not possess the skill set or experience required to manage the football arm of the business and must go to be replaced by tried and respected administrators that have the necessary knowledge and connections in the RL community to attract the necessary players to make us competitive again. It is extremely important that these new administrators assist the coaching staff in making positive changes to our current I'll discipline and culture.

Very long winded response but just my views.
jodragon40 jodragon40 should save all his posts and edit them into a book.