Round 17 vs Brisbane Broncos

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Wait and see
It is a tricky baptism of fire for the talented duo. They only perhaps get the one shot at it and against a decent team so they have to nail their game plan. These two rely on natural talent and improvisation but have to be careful they dont overplay their hand and completely balls it up. Perhaps the less comfortable steadier approach may be the way to go. Like I say a tricky time for the pair.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
When is that decided exactly as he is the Firsts 18th man reserve. I'd expect not till the team arrives for the game at the earliest.
I could be wrong but I believe 18th man is required to play at least **min in NSW Cup before being 18th man for first grade.

Eric

Staff
I could be wrong but I believe 18th man is required to play at least **min in NSW Cup before being 18th man for first grade.
That wouldn't work because the NRL team is on a regular basis playing in a different location or city or state (and country when NZ games are back on) on the same day as the NSW Cup.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
That wouldn't work because the NRL team is on a regular basis playing in a different location or city or state (and country when NZ games are back on) on the same day as the NSW Cup.
It happens occasionally, not regularly. I presume on those occasions there is a contingency rule.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
What a shemozzle things are today. Not all that long ago all three games, Firsts, Reserves, Under 20 were played at the same location on the same day.
They were the days, before being old enough to drive we leave home 9a catch the train from Liverpool to Regents Park change trains catch the train to Sydenham change trains again catch the 3rd train to Carlton then walk down Jubilee Ave to Jubilee/ Kogarah Oval in time to watch the 1st game. Watch all 3 games main game usually finished at 4.45p then catch 3 trains home. It was a very long day but worth it.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
He has been our best player all season he just needs the defensive coach to protect him in the line by placing him next to JDB or Sua
Put Su'a next to him. JDB can't be spared to look after the halfback. He's already looking after Woods and Bird.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
It just gets better for the Dragons. Corey Oats now also out of the Sunday game.

Unfortunately Fittler the Rorters rat looks to have also gotten a reprieve. With Munster out, I can hardly imagine QLD winning. NSW won't have any Dragons players selected next year either.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
It just gets better for the Dragons. Corey Oats now also out of the Sunday game.

Unfortunately Fittler the Rorters rat looks to have also gotten a reprieve. With Munster out, I can hardly imagine QLD winning. NSW won't have any Dragons players selected next year either.
If Dragons lose this and go onto miss the finals, surely some serious questions will need to be asked about the coach continuing on for next year. At least unless he gives a public explanation as to why he signed Woods and Burgess, didn't make a play at Lodge, has Sims and de Belin playing out of the best positions in order make up for not enough first grade quality props.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
If Dragons lose this and go onto miss the finals, surely some serious questions will need to be asked about the coach continuing on for next year. At least unless he gives a public explanation as to why he signed Woods and Burgess, didn't make a play at Lodge, has Sims and de Belin playing out of the best positions in order make up for not enough first grade quality props.
If they Dragons don't win this, don't deserve to play in the finals and coach doesn't deserve the last year of his contract.