Round 17 vs Brisbane Broncos

Eric

Staff
Hope Bud is not judged at 7 on one game ...... As long as Reynolds is playing they are a chance ......
Word going around town is that he's been killing it in the NSW Cup.
He's been killing it with his running and attack. Pretty sure the coach wants to see him guide the team around first, then kill the other team with his attack.

Along with defending and kicking well. It's a big job but personally, I'm backing him to do it.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
You are the hero standing in the face of the enemy horde.
Believe me up here they still haven't learnt to win or lose graciously and that goes back 30 yrs when they sung that song " the dragons can't play" bloody disrespectful and disgraceful in my view. I always instilled into my teams yes enjoy the victory but don't belittle the opposition after the final whistle has been blown.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
J Hunt is playing after the late withdrawal of Woods.

Sims sin binned Bronkettes score first.

McCulloch on report for a late shot.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
'Great ball from Talatau Amone' to put Ramsay in. That is what we want to read about Junior. Extend his contract you drongos.

'Big shot from Tariq Sims' too big.. sin binned for a second time. Just cost us a six pointer. Well done Sims.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Almost half time and I have not seen Sullivan's name mentioned. Junior outdoing him in the playmaking stakes.

Suli beats four to score. Then the next play Staggs gets on outside of the big Tongan international to also score and leave the Bronkettes in front at oranges.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Almost half time and I have not seen Sullivan's name mentioned. Junior outdoing him in the playmaking stakes.

Suli beats four to score. Then the next play Staggs gets on outside of the big Tongan international to also score and leave the Bronkettes in front at oranges.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Ramsay in for his second.. time running out sadly to snatch this from the fire.

Broncos too good. A poor start to the second 40 hurt us badly. We will now be lagging behind those vying for a top 8 spot.

Doubt Sullivan did as good a job of steering the boys as even Hunt does. He does not look the answer to our play making problems. Not at present anyway. I think Junior has a more natural feel for ball playing, tho the young 5/8 lacks a solid long kicking game to go with his short one, so someone else will have to take that role if the skipper goes to hooker for his remaining time with us.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Ramsay in for his second.. time running out sadly to snatch this from the fire.

Broncos too good. A poor start to the second 40 hurt us badly.

Doubt Sullivan did as good a job of steering the boys as even Hunt does. He does not look the answer to our play making problems. Not at present anyway. I think Junior has a more natural feel for ball playing, tho the young 5/8 lacks a solid long kicking game to go with his short one, so someone else will have to do take that role if the skipper goes to hooker for his remaining time with us.
If that is our future then we won't be playing semi finals football in the next few years

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Guys how can we judge Sully on one game , This all comes back to Hook , the kid should have been around top grade this year , where he could have filled in at 9 and 7 ..... I remember Hunt for 3 years was ordinary , its only been the last couple of years that he has been good ..... So to put the boot into to him after one game at 7 is a bit harsh ..... Its taken Ramsey a couple of years to get to where he is now , Amone only just starting to see some improvement ..... Said in other post that I was afraid that if he had an ordinary game today Hook will leave him in lower grades with Sloan for the rest of the season ..... They wont learn anything playing there as the game is different in a lot of areas ..... The young half from Souths was taken off at half time against us by their coach , but following week was back playing ..... Anyway everyone is entitled to their take on it ..... Yesterdays loss has in my opinion has just about done the year ......

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Guys how can we judge Sully on one game , This all comes back to Hook , the kid should have been around top grade this year , where he could have filled in at 9 and 7 ..... I remember Hunt for 3 years was ordinary , its only been the last couple of years that he has been good ..... So to put the boot into to him after one game at 7 is a bit harsh ..... Its taken Ramsey a couple of years to get to where he is now , Amone only just starting to see some improvement ..... Said in other post that I was afraid that if he had an ordinary game today Hook will leave him in lower grades with Sloan for the rest of the season ..... They wont learn anything playing there as the game is different in a lot of areas ..... The young half from Souths was taken off at half time against us by their coach , but following week was back playing ..... Anyway everyone is entitled to their take on it ..... Yesterdays loss has in my opinion has just about done the year ......
His running game troubled them. Just his kicking in the second half was so bad, it was almost beyond words.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
He will get better , Amone was doing most of the ball playing .....
Both were really poor in the second half. It's only half a game. It's ok. He'll be better for it. The things they screwed up on are things they can easily fix. Like kick on the last tackle but don't kick it dead. Like Sloan, Sullivan will fix these things in NSW Cup and be back in first grade.

Once again, Ramsey was good but I just think Sloan has way more potential. Behind a good forward pack and with around 50% of the ball, I think Sullivan and Sloan will do very well in first grade.

And why did Griffin start JDB off the bench?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
And why did Griffin start JDB off the bench?
We both know the answer to that.. but it is not printable. So not only is he playing Jack out of the position he has made his own since 2012..but now he is benching him. While Griffin is still giving Bird a start and full 80mins. The mind boggles.

Last edited: