Round 18: St George Illawarra Dragons vs Cronulla

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Where do we go from here....
Feagai's have gotta go. Only Couchman, Lawrie and JDB are adequate forwards. Liddle goes ok but he's hardly a superstar. Who is going to be halfback? Hunt has already clocked off.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Ben Hunt. 1 run 5 metres . Just hearing this. Tells me he is done and dusted and "to hell with you BOD, I want out end of season". Then bloody well go.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
Ben Hunt. 1 run 5 metres . Just hearing this. Tells me he is done and dusted and "to hell with you BOD, I want out end of season". Then bloody well go.
I hope the club stands firm and doesn't release him without a player swap but does drop him. Give him a few weeks in NSW Cup.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
On thing after last week and tonight is that I think the staff who are left of those who put together this team now realise that for the centres and wingers, there is no substitute for speed. In attack and defence.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Surely nobody is surprised that this has happened. You cannot underestimate the mental damage that this issue has caused. The playing group has lost faith in the cpt. The cpt tonight did not put in the stat's clearly show that. Hunt should have been stripped of the captaincy. There is no going back. The club had to dig their toes in and draw a line in the sand but in reality this is what we are going to see until the end of the season

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
If Broncos or Titans won't entertain a player swap, move Hunt to hooker and take captaincy from him. If he continues to not try, NSW Cup and make it clear that's where he'll remain for the next two years.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I'm going to offer a different theory. Don't know if it's true but just putting it out there. Hunt is 33 years old and his major asset is his running game. He might be just passed it. Remember Thurston's last year? The way he went from how he was to someone who had played a year too long was so sudden. And he relied on ball playing and game management to be the player he was. I'd image the drop off would be even more extreme for Hunt. Though he is a more natural athlete than Thurston.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Bout time Fox stats were back up. Only thing I can not access is minutes played for each player.

No surprise our three best defenders were Jack (44) Lawrie (36) Liddle (38). Along with Couchman the four forwards Flanno should keep as it is poor defense that is losing us far more games than offense.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Sharks first three tries were poor reading and actual defense by Rava (1) Feigai (2). Was responsible along with Moga for another that opened the floodgates, directly after Sloan's runaway.
Matt Feigai must be thick as he keeps making the same terrible mistake every game as surely the coaches are not teaching this. He must be sacked and sent packing to persecute another club.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We must've lacked possession going on our average forward hit ups/run metres. Useless BMM with 5 carries for a miserable 38m. Liddle's metres down again, only 16m from 4. He has hit a brickwall since being dropped for Mbye by that drongo Griffin. I know I am a broken record over this, but can not understand the alarming drop in form from him.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Everyone's whipping boy, Tyrell Sloan most RM (166), scored a try, assisted another, 98 PCM and the bloke is built like a stick insect, imagine him with another 5k on his frame. Add 10 runs, 10 tackles, one of which with Lomax saved an early try, so I say a more than a fair game.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hunt terrible stats.. is uninterested now so is a liability. Chuck him in Ressies to play out the season and promote Herring in his place.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We sure picked the short straw having to face the Sharks the week Nicho Hynes was dumped from the Blues, as he took it out on us.. he and his halves mate Moylan with 7 try assists between them. It is imperative the Dragons find two quality halves going forward.

Last edited: