Round 19: Dragons vs Brisbane Broncos

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
They are ready now imho, Egan not. Isn't he a year or so behind the twins in development. Besides I dont rate him anywhere near either of Toby or Ryan, especially in offense..
I thought they were ready last year. I thought having them in for round 1 this year was a no-brainer. I still think that and the way Toby has played has justified my thinking. Like how I said from before round 1 Bird should not start in the centres. It took an injury for Flanno to finally reconsider that no-brainer. Unfortunately it'll take 2 or 3 injuries in the forwards for Ryan to get selected. He's behind BMM and Sele before even considering Eisenhuth and RFM. Also Blocka Lawrie and Molo for that matter.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Does Flanno think goalkicking is going to secure Kyle's spot in the team?
It will if he continues to play like he did on Saturday, a performance that has to have convinced even you he is better value than Hunt, Marshke or Glover to take us ahead until, say Ashton Ward is ready to take the reins. Personally I'd not saddle Kyle with the added pressure, so his old man has to find an alternative goal kicker pronto.

Bird should not start in the centres
Where did he start when he came on. Did not notice in the replay. His best position is out of the side so has to finish his contract in Ressies. Flanagan did not give Nu Brown much of a run. He looks a better utility than Bird would ever hope to be.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
It will if he continues to play like he did on Saturday, a performance that has to have convinced even you he is better value than Hunt, Marshke or Glover to take us ahead until we find someone better. Personally I'd not saddle him with the added pressure, his old man has to find an alternative goal kicker pronto.

Where did he start when he came on. Did not notice in the replay. His best position is out of the side. Has to finish his contract in Ressies.
What did he do on Saturday that was so good? I thought he put Suli away for a nice try until I saw the replay and it became apparent it was mostly Suli brushing off a pathetic attempted tackle by their backrower. While they were down to 12 men. How did Kyle lead the team around to take advantage of the extra man? We could and did blame Hunt in the Roosters game.

He might be better value than Hunt but he isn't a better player. Far from it. It's just that Hunt is overpaid.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
he put Suli away
He did put Moeses into the hole for him to score using his brute power.Threw a superb cutout to give CT the room to also use his size and power.There was another try he created, in all he had 3 line break assists and three try assists, almost four when he grubbered for Luch who was impeded as he dived to ground the leather. Made a good fist of skippering the side for the first time, made some important tackles and kicked adequately too. I rate his performance 8/10.
Mate you simply have a hate on this bloke so anything I say will not change that.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
He did put Moeses into the hole for him to score using his brute power.Threw a superb cutout to give CT the room to also use his size and power.There was another try he created, in all he had 3 line break assists and three try assists, almost four when he grubbered for Luch who was impeded as he dived to ground the leather. Made a good fist of skippering the side for the first time, made some important tackles and kicked adequately too. I rate his performance 8/10.
Mate you simply have a hate on this bloke so anything I say will not change that.
The lobbing pass over the top? That was all on CT powering over about 4 Broncos. According to Zero Tackle he had one try assist (I guess the Suli try) and one line break assist. I can't recall the line break assist.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The lobbing pass over the top?
You are so clouded by hate you miss the point. That floater showed game awareness as CT was unmarked. A quick winger would have flown down the touchline but CT is not quick and had to prop inside. Only his size and determination got him across. I'd trust Fox League for my stats over ZT.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
You are so clouded by hate you miss the point. That floating pass showed game awareness as CT was unmarked. A quick winger would have flown down the touchline but CT is not quick and had to prop inside. Only his power got him across. I'd prefer to listen to Fox League for my stats than Z T.
There is no hate at all! I just want he Dragons to win and I don't like Flanno snr seemingly putting Kyle's interests above those of the club. Do you honestly feel he has been good this year?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Do you honestly feel he has been good this year?
Better than you have rated him. Sat was his best game since the Tigers trials thrashing. I want to see him continue with that same involvement and intent when Hunt returns, not for only one but all games. Play make him out of the team and back to country Qld where he comes from.
Goes without saying that I also want the Dragons to win.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Better than you have rated him. Sat was his best game since the Tigers trials thrashing. I want to see him continue with that same involvement and intent when Hunt returns, not for only one but all games. Play make him out of the team and back to country Qld where he comes from.
Goes without saying that I also want the Dragons to win.
Better than I rated him very, very far from good.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Legit thought we were going to lose. Fitness is an issue with teams putting on scores in the 2nd half. I still don't think F.Molo is a starting prop, he should be an impact bench prop like a leniu. Sele's best game for us. Sloan's goal line defence was shocking but pleased to see him take the high bombs. Was Marschke replaced because of injury?

What's the point of Bird on the interchange if you're only going to use him for 10mins. Prefer another forward tbh.

1st half was amazing, big CT bulldozing over for tries. Great to see Suli have a nice pass for one of CT's tries, he needs to see more ball in the attacking 20.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Legit thought we were going to lose. Fitness is an issue with teams putting on scores in the 2nd half. I still don't think F.Molo is a starting prop, he should be an impact bench prop like a leniu. Sele's best game for us. Sloan's goal line defence was shocking but pleased to see him take the high bombs. Was Marschke replaced because of injury?

What's the point of Bird on the interchange if you're only going to use him for 10mins. Prefer another forward tbh.

1st half was amazing, big CT bulldozing over for tries. Great to see Suli have a nice pass for one of CT's tries, he needs to see more ball in the attacking 20.
He had a bad game on Sat but I think we need him starting because he's the only "really big" prop we have unless Fifita can be 3x as busy and play first grade.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
He had a bad game on Sat but I think we need him starting because he's the only "really big" prop we have unless Fifita can be 3x as busy and play first grade.

Yea, that's the issue. Hopefully next season we have others who are more suited to the starting role. I think his runs would be amazing against a tired defence. Ideally a starting middle of D.Saif/Sele/JDB & bench of Molo, Couchman x 2, Liddle would be good.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Yea, that's the issue. Hopefully next season we have others who are more suited to the starting role. I think his runs would be amazing against a tired defence. Ideally a starting middle of D.Saif/Sele/JDB & bench of Molo, Couchman x 2, Liddle would be good.
I hope not D. Saifiti. Need young players.